Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 25th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Competitive, But More Fun Than Competitive

So you and your buddy are about to play 'Scape.

But everyone is sick to death of Mass Line

Or Stingers

Or Effing Gruts...

What do you guys bring out?

Fun... But not so fun that you lose.

Assume 500ish armies.

And really effing orcs are not cool...*

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; January 25th, 2012 at 03:37 AM. Reason: * so tired of orcs.
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:38 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Competitive, But More Fun Than Competitive

Tenth x 4
Marcus
Greeks x 2
drop a tenth

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:41 AM

armiller2015 is surprisingly tart

Groks x2 260
NGS 350
Roman Legos x3 500

Add Marcus for 600 points.
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:44 AM

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller2015 View Post
Groks x2 260
NGS 350
Roman Legos x3 500

Add Marcus for 600 points.
I think that he wanted something a little better than groks.

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Mittens
Raelin 2
As Many Venocs as your army can fit

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 25th, 2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Mittens
Raelin 2
As Many Venocs as your army can fit
At 500, it even fits in a 24 hex starting zone!

Neo is Heavy Grut...
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:01 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Atlaga
RotV Raelin
Sentinels (or Minions) x3
Old January 25th, 2012, 08:45 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cyprien
Sonya
10thx3(or x4 and drop Raelin)
RotV Raelin
495 Points/18 Hexes(or 500 Points/15 Hexes with Raelin)

Omnicron Snipersx5
500 Points/15 Hexes
No really,At My last tournament someone went 4-1 with this,Losing only To a Zelrig and 10thx4 build.

Cyprien
Sonya
Snipersx3
500 Points/11 Hexes

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old January 25th, 2012, 09:10 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

I wonder if this would be competitive but I get the feeling this is fun to play with, although no surprises with the OM...

Iron Golem x5
Old January 25th, 2012, 09:34 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Didn't Revdyer have something to say about this? Yeah, thought so.

Well it's the Year of the Dragon so:
Greenscales + Raelin + Heirloom + Dragon

Per Filthy: Phantom Knights x4, Hydra, Heirloom

This one's a little more fun than competitive, but so much fun it's worth it: Aubrien Archers x2, Death Knights of Valkrill x3, Dumutef Guard, Venoc Warlord, Air Elemental
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Phantom Knights x4
Cyprien
Sonya
Isamu
495 points, 15 hexes
Or trade out Sonya & Isamu for Marro Warriors for a nice clean-up unit.
Old January 25th, 2012, 11:16 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

From an old post:

"I have been focused of late on Syvarris/melee armies. Just playing Syvarris, rather than the Krav, is less "competitive," most agree . . .

The Werewolf Lord is so cool! And once he gets a piece of you, he only needs an 11 to give you a bonus turn . . .! The Wolves of Badru are not the Anubians, which we all know should be able to bond with Darklords too, but they're not so bad. Pounce is devastating against otherwise melee impervious Warriors of Ashra, for example. . . .

So I figure it like this. The general plan, with Syvarris, is to use range superiority to dictate the timing of my melee onslaught. There are other, stronger combinations of units available, the cheesiest of which are very much stronger, I suspect. But I figure that no one is going to be super cheesy. Even moderate cheesy will take some heat. The WoB are C+! So, although my army is strategically top tier, and answers most of the questions raised in the Idiot's Guide, and could conceivably win the tournament, it is uncheesy enough that my brilliance will be praised, rather than my cheesiness denigrated. . . ."

I played the following in that tourney, ending up at 4-1.
240 WoB x 3
140 WWL
100 Syvarris
480, 12 spaces

At 500, I might try

160 WoB x 2
140 Werewolf Lord
100 Wyvern
100 Krav
500, 13 spaces

Anything with the Krav is competitive, and anything with a Wyvern is fun!

Last edited by kolakoski; January 25th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion