Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 23rd, 2015, 01:53 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Havok (Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I'm not liking the 3 markers or the 3+.
Well, you're the LD here, what do you want to see? Do you disagree with the SA being too weak? What is it that you do and don't like?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:43 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Quote:
I'm not liking the 3 markers or the 3+.
Well, you're the LD here, what do you want to see? Do you disagree with the SA being too weak? What is it that you do and don't like?
COSMIC ENERGY ABSORPTION X
Start the game with 2 purple Energy Markers on this card. After taking a turn with Havok, you may place an Energy Marker on this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to place an Energy Marker on this card. A maximum of 4 Energy Markers may be on this card.

PLASMA BURST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3+special. Attack 3+special.
Before attacking with this special attack, you may remove any number of Energy Markers from this card. Add 1 to the Range and Attack numbers of this Special Attack for each Energy Marker removed. If you remove an Energy Marker in this manner, all figures adjacent to the defending figure are also affected by the attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.

Upon further reflection, my complaint about the 3+ is null and void with how often he "absorbs" energy. I think this will definitely increase his power level like people were wanting and allowing him to fulling "recharge" in a round. I'm also not opposed to bumping his life to 5.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Start the game with 2 purple Energy Markers on this card. After taking a turn with Havok, you may place an Energy Marker on this card. At the end of the round, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card to place an Energy Marker on this card. A maximum of 4 Energy Markers may be on this card.

Before attacking with this special attack, you may remove any number of Energy Markers from this card. Add 1 to the Range and Attack numbers of this Special Attack for each Energy Marker removed. If you remove an Energy Marker in this manner, all figures adjacent to the defending figure are also affected by the attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.
Starting with half of the markers feels weird to me, I'd prefer to just see him start at full power. Also, with 4 markers, I think we'd have to drop the SA to 2 base range and attack; the potential for a 7 range 7 attack explosion SA is a bit too much in my opinion. Though, personally, I still prefer the 3/3 base stats for the SA and 3 markers.

Otherwise, .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 23rd, 2015, 03:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see him have enough control to hit someone with an attack of 4 without also hitting an adj. ally. I get that he should not be able to precisely target/control his power at the highest levels but a SA of 4 is pretty average. An SA of 3 fairs rather poorly in this base 5 def. world.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 03:54 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Starting with half of the markers feels weird to me, I'd prefer to just see him start at full power. Also, with 4 markers, I think we'd have to drop the SA to 2 base range and attack; the potential for a 7 range 7 attack explosion SA is a bit too much in my opinion. Though, personally, I still prefer the 3/3 base stats for the SA and 3 markers.

Otherwise, .
I don't feel it's that much different than Cyc, and much more limited too I'm not opposed to him starting fully charged though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd like to see him have enough control to hit someone with an attack of 4 without also hitting an adj. ally. I get that he should not be able to precisely target/control his power at the highest levels but a SA of 4 is pretty average. An SA of 3 fairs rather poorly in this base 5 def. world.
I have contemplated a different route for this. something more like this.

Range 6. Attack Special.
The attack value of this Special Attack is equal to the number of Energy Markers on this card before each attack. When attacking with this Special Attack, all figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by this attack. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, you may remove an Energy Marker from this card to attack again. Havok may not attack with this Special Attack more than 3 times in a single turn.

Then he could start with 6 or 5 markers. I think I prefer 6. This way you can be really aggressive with him but each successive attack drains him and he'll burn out of power quickly, and take some time to recharge.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That seems like an extreme run to the opposite side of the spectrum.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:44 PM
Now moves with Flying.

And?
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:55 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:

Otherwise, .
I don't feel it's that much different than Cyc, and much more limited too I'm not opposed to him starting fully charged though.
Except Cyclops only has 5 attack with it and is forced to attack in a straight-line. That version of Havok's SA would easily outclass Cyclops's. Having Havok max-out at 6/6 puts him and Cyclops at about the same level.

Quote:

Range 6. Attack Special.
The attack value of this Special Attack is equal to the number of Energy Markers on this card before each attack. When attacking with this Special Attack, all figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by this attack. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. After attacking with this special attack, you may remove an Energy Marker from this card to attack again. Havok may not attack with this Special Attack more than 3 times in a single turn.

Then he could start with 6 or 5 markers. I think I prefer 6. This way you can be really aggressive with him but each successive attack drains him and he'll burn out of power quickly, and take some time to recharge.
Eh, not a fan. I think we already have a really cool and unique SA, we just need to find the right balance for it.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old May 23rd, 2015, 06:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Eh. I'm just not feeling it anymore.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 06:32 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Range 6. Attack Special.
YK is right that this is too much of a swing in the opposite direction. This would be too strong. He could attack with 6 Range/6 Attack all adjacent affected, then 5 Range/5 Attack all figures adjacent affected on every single turn.

I like the version you posted just above that though.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:09 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Otherwise, .
7 range and 7 attack is completely reasonable to me. He will not be able to use it very often. I think a more powerful SA is needed for the time it takes to recharge. I might even think about bumping it to 8 if you want to see his point between 200-250 points.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:14 PM

weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby! weebaer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:

Otherwise, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

Range 6. Attack Special.

I like this @Karat . I think this would put him in the 250 point range you were looking for. I think this is what he should be playtested at. Now I am excited to play him, thanks Karat.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, I should have kept reading before posting. Bottom line is, I like both of Karat's ideas.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library