Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old March 31st, 2023, 12:29 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Playtesting

After reading the playtest results it is pretty clear that Tetsuo is very swingy, and is a dud much more often than he is a stud. Looking at other figures in the 80-120 point range (in VC-Delta), I think he's a 90-point figure as we have him now (only 4 range without Overclocking).

I propose we move Tetsuo Tyrell to Compatibility Testing at 90 points.

@NecroBlade @Astroking112 @Captain Stupendous

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 3rd, 2023, 03:55 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
After reading the playtest results it is pretty clear that Tetsuo is very swingy, and is a dud much more often than he is a stud. Looking at other figures in the 80-120 point range (in VC-Delta), I think he's a 90-point figure as we have him now (only 4 range without Overclocking).

I'd like to keep Mind Jack at 20. Intuitive and easy to remember, which is especially important since he gets modifiers based on health lost. Given that preference, I'd be open to dropping his points to bring him more in line with testing results. 90 seems very reasonable, especially compared to Mindflayer Mastermind.

to Compatibility Testing at 90.
Old June 14th, 2023, 07:34 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

(I suppose this counts as my to 90 for compatibility testing!)

Played these armies against each other a few times.

Raelin RotV (135)
B-11 Resistance (120)
Ranjit Singh (100)
Tetsuo Tyrell (90)
Izumi Samurai (60)

Death Knights x4 (220)
Taelord (160)
Pyria (120)

With Unique Attack +1 on the board and Ranjit and Taelord respectively, they were both occasionally able to throw some brutal attacks at range. Tetsuo's army won all but the last game. Most of them were close, but when Pyria's team finally won it was a landslide.

After a couple learning-curve games I was better able to leverage their ranged prowess. Iirc Tetsuo once threw 8 Attack (3 + Overclock [5] + height [6] + Ranjit [7] + Glyph [8]) and one-shot Taelord. He only succeeded at one Mind Jack across half a dozen+ attempts, and it was a natural 20. It also amounted to basically nothing as he moved Taelord off his perch (only slightly inconveniencing his army) but didn't do any damage with the attack.

Meanwhile Pyria had both hot and cold high-rolls with her Flamethrowers. The first couple attempts she rolled poorly and went down quickly afterward, but in the last game after taking out Raelin in about a round, she moved in for the SA and consistently lit up a couple figures at a time until the opposing army was gone. Taelord's attack bonus helped early on, and the Death Knights were good for a kill or two, but it was almost a Pyria solo play.

Not a ton of data, but I felt good about both Heroes. Both are decent ranged attackers with completely different upsides. Tetsuo is a fun threat, but it will be rare to leverage his full potential. Pyria always looks boring on paper to me, but more than makes up for it in actual play; she's better off being opportunistic, but you can also take risks that can really pay off.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 20th, 2023, 02:15 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post

This proposal passes 3-0. @NecroBlade please update the OP title (and also make sure all the PT report links are up to date in the OP).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 21st, 2023, 10:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace Investigator) - Compat. Test

On to Compat. Testing.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs