Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 20th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

That's awesome LP!

I am seeing it noon tomorrow and am stoked!

To stay on topic, I saw Unstoppable recently. Basically it is Chris Pine and Denzel Washington vs a train. It surpassed my expectations, I liked it. A few cheesy moments but it was cool the two "heroes" were just normal people (most heroes are!).
Old July 21st, 2012, 04:27 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Batman at midnight. I dressed up as Riddler, my wife was Poison Ivy, my friend was Joker, and his girlfriend was Harley. Pretty awesome.
I dressed up as "Civilian Golden Age Batman" with all black clothes, my black Batman T, a black long unbuttoned dress shirt, and a black Glock 45. My advice to you all, never leave home with out your Batman T.
Quote:
Oh yeah, and the movie. Only two words can describe it. MIND-BLOWING!!!!!
This movie takes itself very VERY seriously, too much IMO. That is my only real complaint (that and the blatant ignoring of the Joker's charater). There are no great lines, humor, or "fun" parts that are adventurous. I love this movie, I do, but it is definitely the weakest of the trilogy IMO.
Old July 21st, 2012, 05:39 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
This movie takes itself very VERY seriously, too much IMO. That is my only real complaint (that and the blatant ignoring of the Joker's charater). There are no great lines, humor, or "fun" parts that are adventurous. I love this movie, I do, but it is definitely the weakest of the trilogy IMO.
This was my thoughts exactly.

Compared to the Avengers which was the last supers movie I saw, this most recent Batman movie left me feeling a little let down...
Old July 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

I can agree with all these sentiments. Nolan aimed high and came up short. I feel the same way about Inception, but that's another story. The latest movie left me wanting so much more. Flat, static characters and a fairly predictable plot filled in by pseudo-intellectual phrases and faux-relationships. The only character I cared about at all was Alfred. Nolan did a poor job conveying Batman's internal conflict and that pushed him pretty far away from the audience emotionally. I am torn and honestly want to say I rank the Batman Trilogy in order of release. First is the best, IMO.

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:33 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yeah, it's serious. I think the main thing here is it's not a superhero movie. Batman is hardly even in it. It's a war film, practically. Not supposed to be fun at all. If you view it that way, then it's brilliant, just don't compare to the Avengers and the like.

And Nolan said long before the release that he wasn't going to even mention the Joker, and I totally understand where he was coming from there. If a friend of mine died, I wouldn't want to talk about it in my next movie.
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, it's serious. I think the main thing here is it's not a superhero movie. Batman is hardly even in it. It's a war film, practically. Not supposed to be fun at all. If you view it that way, then it's brilliant, just don't compare to the Avengers and the like.

And Nolan said long before the release that he wasn't going to even mention the Joker, and I totally understand where he was coming from there. If a friend of mine died, I wouldn't want to talk about it in my next movie.
I just saw an older Batman movie "Batman Forever". It was made in 1995 and, well, PG13 just didn't mean the same thing back then (you'd know what I mean if you saw it) .
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:48 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
I just saw an older Batman movie "Batman Forever". It was made in 1995 and, well, PG13 just didn't mean the same thing back then (you'd know what I mean if you saw it) .
I've seen it a million times.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:29 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
That's the big hallmark of Nolan's Batman movies though. All of the movies in the Avenger's franchise are bright, colorful, they have some big laugh moments and can be silly from time to time. That's great, and all of the Avengers' movies have been pretty darn good so far.

But Nolan really just doesn't screw around like that. It's one of the things that I like about his films. He tells a serious story.

Quote:
I agree here, almost point for point except that it's pretty hard to not call it a superhero film. It's just more about the character than the action (unlike the Avengers films). It's the same reason I love Spider man 2. There's no Spider-man for a big stretch of screen time, because things are developing that involve Peter Parker, and characters that aren't Spider-man. It does have the feel of a war film though, as it should. It really works in favor of the movie.

My personal opinion: I loved it. I think The Dark Knight is the best of the three, but Dark Knight Rises is still one I absolutely must on my shelf.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:30 AM

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

Awkward double post...

So I suppose I'll add that I want to have Anne Hathaway's babies, unless I figure out how to delete posts...
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
Awkward double post...

So I suppose I'll add that I want to have Anne Hathaway's babies, unless I figure out how to delete posts...
And now you must live with that title forever.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:30 PM

Strangely, that's okay.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Dark Knight Rises! Awesome!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies