Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 21st, 2008, 08:54 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCfan
6x 4th mass + raelin is a good army, even if you lose 1 4th mass due to starting zone restrictions
Eh, I don't like having raelin in my 4th mass armies. Having that valiant bonus is too good a thing to pass up for 1 more measly defense die on a couple of figures
I agree completely, gamejuven. It is not just the all army bonus you lose, but the order markers that you have to put on Raelin also detract from what the 4th can do.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Wait a second, how come 4th Mass have 5 move? When I think of Revolutionary soldiers I think of a marching "brick" or line of soldiers, not a running one.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 2nd, 2008, 05:58 PM

NFCfan has disabled reputation
Raelin only takes 1-2 order markers the whole game

I find the extra defense die to be very useful since in terms of defense the key ability is being able to get shield #2
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer
Wait a second, how come 4th Mass have 5 move? When I think of Revolutionary soldiers I think of a marching "brick" or line of soldiers, not a running one.
Almost all of the 4-Move figures either have another movement power to help them (zombies, airborne, minions/sentinels) or compensate for low individual speed by being a common squad with four figures and bonding (knights, greeks/romans). The figures that have a flat four move with no built-in way to speed up or compensate are like molasses.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:02 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Quote:
Almost all of the 4-Move figures either have another movement power to help them (zombies, airborne, minions/sentinels) or compensate for low individual speed by being a common squad with four figures and bonding (knights, greeks/romans). The figures that have a flat four move with no built-in way to speed up or compensate are like molasses.

Ummm, but what about Marcus? Now, he isn't built-in, but it's similar to the gilbert's movement thing.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
How come? Because the designers set their move value at 5.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:14 AM

StLouisBear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Perhaps then you have an incorrect understanding of the guerrilla war tactics of the Revolutionary Forces. They weren't Red Coats. Besides 5 move is pretty much standard for humans. Those humans higher than that are exceptional, like Ninjas.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:54 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
I was thinking about this the other day. I figure that in the case of the Sacred Band and the Roman Legionnaires, they have 4 movement because they assume that you draft Marcus. The Airborne Elite are also soldiers, and because of The Drop and Marcus, they decided to leave them at 4 movement. With Marcus, 6 movement, and 8 range total, they'd be really deadly.

I think the main reason that they avoided giving the 4th Mass 4 movement is because of their Valiant Army Defense bonus. In many situations, you won't draft Marcus with them, so giving them 4 movement and assuming Marcus wouldn't do. In the end, keeping them at 5 movement gave us an extremely powerful, underpriced squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:13 AM

i think it is their Wait then fire that makes the 4th Mass so good. I'd draft them even if they had only 4 movement but not if they lacked WTF
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Footlad79 has disabled reputation
these guys were the best for a LONG time, but now I think the torch has been passed to the Marro Stingers

If there was a unit ability that required each opponent to spell the names of all their units correctly, I wouldn't be surprised if that unit cost 1000 points-especially when taking on a marro army...
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:57 PM

4th Mass are better vs squads and stingers are better vs heroes with decent defense
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:24 PM

Agatagary is surprisingly tart
I think that the Marro Stingers are perceived to be better than the fourth Massachusetts Line because:

a) They have more mobility, not being required to stay in one place to get the attack bonus.

b) With height and stinger drain, they can reach an attack of 5 which, for a ranged unit, is quite unusual.

c) They can be regenerated using the Marro Hive.

d) They have better, less restrictive defense.

I am not necessarily saying that they are better, disregarding point cost...These are just the primary reasons that I think that they are perceived as being better.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units