Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 19th, 2016, 12:40 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 1/6/16

Another Soldier from my backlog:

Cpt. Mark Yates ¤. Medic! 30 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old January 19th, 2016, 10:47 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

And, rounding out my Soldiers, here's General Sherman Mayne:

I was inspired by the really great faction list put together by @Evar-Scarcarver who notes that the American Soldiers lack a General. So I made one. Based the stats on MDG, adding range (I figure a sidearm somewhere) and reducing the attack. Added more points since you can get a lot of activations out of Jandar's Mission. Any thoughts are much appreciated! Thanks as always for taking a look.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old January 19th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mayne: He helps the American army faction quite a bit, which is welcome. However, you might want to change it so that the 2 Army Cards can't be 2 of the same Common Army Card. Because I'd gladly lose out on the Valiant defense bonus for the chance to go with 8 4th Mass per turn, since they are also Soldiers. And they'll get a Defense and Movement buff if he dies.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 19th, 2016, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Mayne: He helps the American army faction quite a bit, which is welcome. However, you might want to change it so that the 2 Army Cards can't be 2 of the same Common Army Card. Because I'd gladly lose out on the Valiant defense bonus for the chance to go with 8 4th Mass per turn, since they are also Soldiers. And they'll get a Defense and Movement buff if he dies.

~TAF
Thanks for the help! I'm thinking the best way to do this is to restrict Jandar's Mission so that only 1 of the cards can be a Squad card. Even if they were different cards, going with 4th Mass and then Airborne is still a whole lot of attacks. I just need to figure out the wording.
Old January 19th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Quote:

~TAF
Thanks for the help! I'm thinking the best way to do this is to restrict Jandar's Mission so that only 1 of the cards can be a Squad card. Even if they were different cards, going with 4th Mass and then Airborne is still a whole lot of attacks. I just need to figure out the wording.
Two words and an acronym: C3G Nick Fury.

Also, what figure does the General use?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 19th, 2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Quote:

~TAF
Two words and an acronym: C3G Nick Fury.

Also, what figure does the General use?
Hmm, Nick Fury is close... but the way his Director power works (if I read it right) you get one hero (who may or may not be an Agent) + one Agent Squad (if the hero was an Agent). The way I see this going with Gen. Mayne, you can pick:

Gen. Mayne + Jandar Soldier Squad
Gen. Mayne + Jandar Soldier Hero
Jandar Solider Hero + Jandar Soldier Squad
Jandar Soldier Hero + Other Jandar Soldier Hero

The last possibility isn't covered by Director of SHIELD as it stands. I'll work on it, and it's a good suggestion, thanks!

The figure is Heroclix "General Lane." (I've started putting the figure name to the left of the card.)
Old January 19th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For Jandar's mission, I might try something along the lines of Kato Katsuro's command, with a little wording taken from Nick Fury. Something like:
Quote:
After revealing a numbered order marker on this card, instead of taking a turn normally with Gen. Sherman Mayne, you may take a turn with one of the following that you control:
  • 2 Soldier Heroes that follow Jandar. Gen. Sherman Mayne may be one of those Heroes. You may choose which Hero to activate first.
  • 1 Solider Hero that follows Jandar and/or 1 Soldier Squad that follows Jandar. Gen. Sherman Mayne may be the chosen Hero. You choose which army card to activate first.
It might be a little wordy, and there is almost certainly a better way to do it, but Kato was the first similar ability I thought of.

Just wondering if I'm reading it correctly: With Remember the Mayne, is it only supposed to be for the remainder of the round that he was destroyed? Or is it for the rest of the game?

Glad to see that the stupid amount of time I put into compiling that list actually helped some custom creators out there.
Old January 19th, 2016, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
For Jandar's mission, I might try something along the lines of Kato Katsuro's command, with a little wording taken from Nick Fury. Something like:
Quote:
After revealing a numbered order marker on this card, instead of taking a turn normally with Gen. Sherman Mayne, you may take a turn with one of the following that you control:
  • 2 Soldier Heroes that follow Jandar. Gen. Sherman Mayne may be one of those Heroes. You may choose which Hero to activate first.
  • 1 Solider Hero that follows Jandar and/or 1 Soldier Squad that follows Jandar. Gen. Sherman Mayne may be the chosen Hero. You choose which army card to activate first.
It might be a little wordy, and there is almost certainly a better way to do it, but Kato was the first similar ability I thought of.

Just wondering if I'm reading it correctly: With Remember the Mayne, is it only supposed to be for the remainder of the round that he was destroyed? Or is it for the rest of the game?

Glad to see that the stupid amount of time I put into compiling that list actually helped some custom creators out there.
Yes, I think that will work fine. I was overthinking things with the 8th Infantry Pathfinders' "Marching Orders" but I think it's clear with this, that if you choose to activate Gen. Mayne with Jandar's Mission you also get to use Marching Orders.

"Remember the Mayne" (ha!) is supposed to be for the rest of the game, as long as you're willing to put an X OM on the card. It would also work for the round he's been destroyed, but only if you have an OM on another Soldier card for some reason.

Your post has been very influential, on me at least!. I like playing (and creating) thematic factions, and you've made it easy to see where the "holes" are and what goes into a complete faction. So, thanks for all the time you put into it.
Old January 20th, 2016, 04:01 PM

I think this works for the revised wording. I'll have to see how it fits:

JANDAR'S MISSION
After revealing a numbered order marker on this card, instead of taking a turn normally with Gen. Sherman Mayne, you may take a turn with each of the following Army Cards that you control:
* 1 Soldier Hero that follows Jandar. Gen. Mayne may be that Hero.
* Either 1 different Soldier Hero that follows Jandar, or 1 Soldier Squad that follows Jandar.

You choose which Army Card to activate first. Other than Gen. Mayne, a figure taking a turn with Jandar's Mission must be within 8 clear sight spaces of him at the start of its move.
Old January 22nd, 2016, 11:58 AM

A couple of cards I've done recently from my backlog, and one new work in progress:

Corvus, the Elven Wizards' raven familar:
Spoiler Alert!

Dr. Dieulafoy, Fearless archaeologist:
Spoiler Alert!

And finally... we talk about Raelin etc. as "cheerleader" units. But what Heroscape really needs is an actual cheerleader. Of the Undead!

Darla the Zombie Cheerleader. 30 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:52 PM.
Old January 23rd, 2016, 01:45 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome customs, Ish, that cheerleader is... interesting.

Corvus: It took me awhile to even notice that the bird was in the Army Card picture, near the top blending into the background.
Dr. Dieulafoy: Great Indy/Croft themed unit, perfect for dungeon crawls. That being said, I might suggest bumping up her price and making her better, because as is her adventures aren't bound to last too long.
Darla: Well, she certainly is a cheerleader. At 30 points, she offers good enough buffs to be worth it to Zombie Armies, I think. The Personality choice of Tormenting is amusing.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 24th, 2016, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Awesome customs, Ish, that cheerleader is... interesting.

Corvus: It took me awhile to even notice that the bird was in the Army Card picture, near the top blending into the background.
Dr. Dieulafoy: Great Indy/Croft themed unit, perfect for dungeon crawls. That being said, I might suggest bumping up her price and making her better, because as is her adventures aren't bound to last too long.
Darla: Well, she certainly is a cheerleader. At 30 points, she offers good enough buffs to be worth it to Zombie Armies, I think. The Personality choice of Tormenting is amusing.

~TAF
Thanks, TAF! I've updated the Corvus card with a bit of an aura for improved Raven finding. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dr. D -- I could give her another life, perhaps, and up her to 60 points?

Darla. Glad you like her Don't forget she boosts the Shades and Vampires as well!

And finally, another card from my backlog: Marcu Uncursed!

The one thing I couldn't fit on the card was what happens if an opponent takes control of Marcu Uncursed. That opponent also takes control of your Regular Marcu.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards