Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 25th, 2023, 08:15 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!
Talking MARS Salisbury Maryland - Go Big or Go Broke

Welcoming all skill levels near and far to the fourth gathering of Mid-Atlantic Regional Scapers Revamped!

Where
Portals Games & Comics
8249B Dickerson Ln
Salisbury, MD 21804

There's ample parking in the shopping center, nearby you'll find a large selection of places to grab a bite: Outback, Salad Works, McDonalds, Plaza Tapatia (authentic Mexican), Tokyo Steakhouse, Papa Johns, Applebees, and across the highway there's WaWa, Chili's, Chic-fil-A, Wendy's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Dunkin Donuts.

When
Sunday March 26th 2023
Sign-in starts at 12:00, game play starts at 12:30pm
4 rounds ending around 4:30pm (a super final can be played as needed), event wrap-up and prizes will follow. Feel free to stay after for additional gaming. In addition, the local Salisbury crew will likely go out to dinner after the tournament wraps up so anyone that would like to join us is more than welcome!

Entry Fee
$10 per player
All entry fees will go towards prize support to include gift certificates for the top X players (number and amount to be decided that day based on number of attendees) as well as a custom trophy we'll be unveiling for the first time!

Format
"Go Big or Go Broke"
  • 600 points, 20 figure limit, 24 hex limit.
  • For every figure in your army add a 10 point "tax" examples: Marro Warriors cost 50 points normally but after applying the 10 points per figure tax their cost is 90 points; Tor-Kul-Na costs 220 points, 230 points after tax; Venoc Vipers cost 40 points, 70 points after tax and so on.
  • A+ Unit Limit. Your army can only include one of the following units (you can have multiple squads of Deathreavers): Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV), Major Q9, Deathreavers, Marro Warriors
  • Classic Scape and VC allowed. No Marvel.
  • Learn more about VC (Valhalla Customs) here. There is also an index for all VC units. Also, check out this thread for alternate sculpt options for many of the the units (or feel free to come up with your own proxies!)

Maps
Percolator by Ulysses

WyrmWalk by Panopticon

Highways & Dieways by UranusPChicago

Thermal Shock by Vydar_XLIII

Shaolin Monastery by Sheep

Stygian Rift by Typhon2222

Platypus by Robber

Aeon by Flash_19

Glyphs
Ulaniva (unique attack)
Lodin (d20 +1)
Valda (move +2)
Dagmar (initiative +8 )
Wannock (wound)

https://heroscape.org/tournament/?Tournament=68

Attendees
1. gbizzy
2. ItWasJonathan
3. SimpleSamaritan
4. Earl_of_Sandwich
5. Shelby
6. Scared Cultist
7. Dylan
8. Vydar_XLIII
9. Brean of Philly
10. Man_At_Arms
11. Joecrazy3193
12. MathJedi
13. Mark
14. loki619

Likely

Tags @Earl_of_Sandwich @GucciiBoost @Vydar_XLIII @Brean of Philly @tom @Dad_Scaper @Major Q23 @Trivia Knight @Taeblewalker @OverEngineered @kldonnelly @drewcula @nicktheant @MrWookiee @Myth26 @Astroking112 @infectedsloth @Gurei-Ornery @spidysox @Elven Lord @Scared Cultist @SimpleSamaritan @crxcowboy @Heirloom @Vanilla_Thunder @Joecrazy3193 @Jabasco87 @Xiegfried @tom @Taeblewalker @akden @Gurei-Ornery @clancampbell @acon @Arcus @loki619 @Skizzix @beholderthedm @bishop2003

Last edited by gbizzy; March 24th, 2023 at 02:25 PM.
Old February 26th, 2023, 03:29 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!
Re: MARS Salisbury Maryland - Go Big or Go Broke

Count me in!
Old February 28th, 2023, 10:14 PM

Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker Man_At_Arms knows what's in an order marker

I’m a possible/probable, will keep you posted, hope I can make it!
Old March 1st, 2023, 01:23 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

@Earl_of_Sandwich bring your A game! The Salisbury crew has been practicing

@Man_At_Arms awesome, hopefully you can make it!
Old March 2nd, 2023, 11:37 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Bre and I should be there!

(Sorry I couldn't schedule one for February!)

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old March 2nd, 2023, 11:48 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can provide most VC units to anyone who wants to use them at this tourney.

First Come First Serve!

----------

Its really humbling (and simultaneously, quite strange) to see Thermal Shock up there in the same category with some absolutely phenomenal maps. It definitely feels like the "odd man out" in that group to me. Thank you!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old March 2nd, 2023, 12:11 PM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII
Its really humbling (and simultaneously, quite strange) to see Thermal Shock up there in the same category with some absolutely phenomenal maps. It definitely feels like the "odd man out" in that group to me. Thank you!
Dude Thermal Shock is a killer map, and absolutely holds its own in a strong pool! I had an awesome game against @nicktheant on Thermal Shock at the last tourney - I was on the losing end lol, but the map facilitated a highly tactical game.

See you in Salisbury!
Old March 2nd, 2023, 04:32 PM

@Vydar_XLIII Looking forward to getting some more games in with y'all! And no worries man, there's always next time!

You'll be happy to know I've been frantically collecting VC since the last Philly tournament so I should have some extra stuff on hand as well should anyone need it

On the topic of Thermal Shock I have to agree with @Earl_of_Sandwich it's a really great map both to look at and play. I hadn't played on it until the January D.C. tournament against @GucciiBoost (who wrecked my Hydra and Brunak with cutters lol) but during that game and while watching other games on Thermal Shock I noticed it compelled players to make interesting decisions from start to finish, I really like when a map encourages that.
Old March 2nd, 2023, 05:30 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I didn't realize you updated it- I really like the look of the changes you made!
Old March 2nd, 2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I didn't realize you updated it- I really like the look of the changes you made!
The updates are the ones you and superfrog suggested! Haha! I guess I never shared it with you two.

The changes amounted to a bunch more "safe" level 2 hexes in the center (the blue markings on the start-zone level).

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old March 10th, 2023, 10:02 AM

ItwasJonathan is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I can't wait to see the pros in person in this tournament. Hope to see you all there and hope to humble y'all one at a time.
Old March 11th, 2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItwasJonathan View Post
I can't wait to see the pros in person in this tournament. Hope to see you all there and hope to humble y'all one at a time.
Sometimes the jokes write themselves

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events