Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old October 22nd, 2023, 09:28 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Tempest

Tempest (Garth)

Card PDF

Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
NAME = TEMPEST
IDENTITY = GARTH

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = ATLANTEAN
CLASS = MYSTIC
PERSONALITY = WILD

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 210

MYSTICAL TEMPEST
During setup, place 4 single-space water tiles on this card. During transition, you may place a water tile from this card onto a land space on or within 4 spaces of Tempest, and you may roll 1 damage die against any figures on or within 1 space of that water tile.

WATER STRENGTH 2
Tempest has +2 Attack and Defense while on aquatic terrain.

MAGICAL DEFENSE 2
When an enemy without Magical Affinity attacks Tempest, he ignores all but 2 wounds from that attack.

FACTION: TITANS
PUBLISHER: DC
KEYWORDS:
SYMBOLS: MAGICAL AFFINITY, SUPER STRENGTH, WATER AFFINITY
WINTER 2024: No longer Aqualad, Garth has mastered his magical abilities and has become the superhero known as Tempest.

Resources and Rulings
• The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: DC Crisis #047/Tempest
• See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!

Credits
• Legacy design: IAmBatman
• Playtesters:• Card art: japes
• Comic creators: Robert Bernstein & Ramona Fradon

Updates
• N/A

Last edited by IAmBatman; January 31st, 2024 at 11:36 AM.
Old October 22nd, 2023, 09:29 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Tempest (design)

Changes from 1.0:

Class from Titan -> Rookie cause Titan is no longer a class

Life up to 5, changed Magical Defense to Magical Defense 2. (This change just felt right to me with Raven having MD2, but it's not necessary by any means.)

Mystical Tempest is now during transition instead of instead of attacking. You no longer have to choose an empty space either, so Tempest can power up himself or other Atlanteans by dropping water under them, or drop water directly under an enemy to boost Mera’s Aquakinesis or Aquaman’s Release the Kraken. But now he’s limiting to placing 4 tiles, so use them wisely.

Sanity testing required.

———————
My main want here is to make the water easier to place, as that's the most fun part of this design. I also didn't feel like Tempest was worth his cost in 1.0 so I wanted to boost him up. I'm not too attached to the specifics of how we do that if people want something different here.

Japes had pointed out that 190 or 210 points would be best for thematic team building.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 12:06 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

With the changes I would leave the points at 210 when testing. Being able to place a water tile under him prior to attacking should be a solid boost to this 1.0 play.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 11:34 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Looking good here. It seems odd to have Tempest as a Rookie, when Aqualad was him as a Rookie, perhaps whatever we used in 1.0 for legacy heroes would be better? This is definitely fully grown, powered Garth, so Rookie just feels weird. I understand its for linking purposes, but doesn't making him a Teen Titan take care of that now?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 23rd, 2023, 11:49 AM
Archie

Looks like only the Young Justice designs have class synergy, the other Titans designs with synergy call out the Titans faction (and Nightwing + Arsenal recruit Sidekicks/Rookies to Titans). So we could do another class here if preferred. Cuts him out of Young Justice Synergy, though (Lil Lobo, Wonder Girl, Robin Tim, Empress).
Old October 23rd, 2023, 02:19 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If Rookie is off for him, I'm not entirely sure Protege (the "legacy hero" class) is better?
Old October 23rd, 2023, 03:58 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Looks like only the Young Justice designs have class synergy, the other Titans designs with synergy call out the Titans faction (and Nightwing + Arsenal recruit Sidekicks/Rookies to Titans). So we could do another class here if preferred. Cuts him out of Young Justice Synergy, though (Lil Lobo, Wonder Girl, Robin Tim, Empress).
He has never really worked with Young Justice except briefly in the TV show, when they decided to rectroactively add him as a former sidekick of Aquaman, and even then he was more back story for Aqualad Kal, than actually a member of YJ.
In the comics, YJ is specifically Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Kon-El, Cassie Sandsmark, and Cissie (Something). The TV show is a modernized Titans using the YJ name. They created Artemis to stand in for Arrowette.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old October 23rd, 2023, 03:59 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
If Rookie is off for him, I'm not entirely sure Protege (the "legacy hero" class) is better?
But he 100% is a Protege. Just as are Nightwing, Arsenal, and Donna Troy. I imagine that Classes will be less important with the Team tags and won't need to be as specific for fitting people in teams.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old October 23rd, 2023, 04:32 PM
Archie

I think the JSA will still be based on the classes - there’s a clear divide between Protege and Mystery Man that would be difficult to maintain with a faction tag. I’m not sure Tempest has ever worked with the JSA. I really wouldn’t want to put a bunch of Titans there and overshadow thematic JSA characters.
Old October 23rd, 2023, 06:36 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There also other Rookies that key on Rookie for what it's worth. Nightwing and Starfire key on Titans intentionally to keep form having them overshadow other Rookie leaders.

No issue with Rookie here really. If the issue is Aqualad and Tempest having the same class then I'd rather see Aqualad a Sidekick than Tempest a Protege.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 24th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm fully with Spidey on this one. Rookie is thematically off for an older, second iteration of the character. He's a veteran of the superhero game at this point and this is, more or less, his "adult" superhero identity.

Protege fits well in terms of the meaning of the word, but I understand it might not be the best mechanical fit.

Anything that's a magical class or that fits him with the Justice League would make sense here, IMO, as he's been in both the Sentinels of Magic and the JL in his appearances outside of the Titans.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old October 24th, 2023, 12:31 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I'd just make him a Mystic then personally. Gives him some interesting options down the road.
Edit.
Quote:
MYSTICAL TEMPEST
During setup, place 4 single-space water tiles on this card. During transition, you may place a water tile from this card onto a land space on or within 4 spaces of Tempest. You may then and you may roll 1 damage die against any figures on or within 1 space of that water tile.
For pasteability.
Quote:
MYSTICAL TEMPEST
During setup, place 4 single-space water tiles on this card. During transition, you may place a water tile from this card onto a land space on or within 4 spaces of Tempest and you may roll 1 damage die against any figures on or within 1 space of that water tile.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database