Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 16th, 2015, 04:35 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Sigh

I feel like what I'm asking for isn't outside of what you guys want. To be honest, I might've gotten involved from the beginning if I had known that it was going to turn into a giant build by committee thing. (Maybe it was and I wasn't paying attention but my initial understanding was you guys were building it and asking the community what they liked about it) I will be getting penalized for not being involved earlier for a myriad of reasons and only when I actually realized what was going on and did try to contribute. The fact that I entered late is a product of multiple things.

And I get that goal. The goal of "Incentivize the JLers" and "Allow people to play Justice League with whoever they want" are not mutually exclusive. I think we can get what we both want.

Bats version is not a simpler version of what I suggested. It takes some of the ideas but loses the general spirit behind what I wanted to accomplish there. You guys aren't mind readers so I can't really get mad at you for that but I wanted to make it clear before things moved on how I felt about it.

~Dysole, also admittedly under some real life stress at the moment which might be affecting me

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That said, if you have some ideas for static bonuses that would make things work for you better, I certainly encourage you to post them.
I will mull this over and attempt to come up with something.

~Dysole, appreciatively
Old August 16th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Justice League Design *Brainstorming* (Finalizing Direct

Good. This is definitely a "show, don't tell" situation if you want to make waves.

I think Sock is a bit frustrated and wanting to make sure to hold onto his vision. He's been working very hard for quite a while to scratch everyone's itches here, but there's a limit to what we can do. I'm sure if you come up with an idea that expresses what you want while staying true to his vision, it'll get due consideration. But the ball is definitely in your court, as we've worn ourselves out on trying to "fix" this when we already have what we want, I think.

I've definitely been guilty of posting while stressed about real life (as well as posting in just about any other conceivable situation ... I mean, look at my post count, right?). So no worries there. Whatever it is, it'll get better. God is good.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, man. But if you don't end up figuring anything out, that's OK too. I think what I last posted still does a lot for the open-synergy guys, even if it's not quite as much as you'd like.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 17th, 2015, 01:49 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

What if we did this approach? It's a mix of the Original Markers, Marker Burn, and done with a new approach that fits both better when combined.

Markers:
The markers are not placed on any other cards besides the designs with the powers giving them. The number of markers is dependent on how many you have of each class covered. The markers are actually what encourages the synergy, over just picking people randomly. You could just draft Green Arrow, and no other people within the classes listed, and you will only receive 1 marker. This marker does not have to be used on Green Arrow. This will be the encouragement to draft more thematic characters. If you build an entire army of thematic characters, in a 1,000 point game, you'll get 3-4 uses of the marker burn. If you draft in a larger game, you'll get more uses if you make a thematic army. However, these markers do not have to be used on specific class people, but that is the only way to obtain them.

Powers:
The powers are a little bit better, to include decent offering for anyone and everyone, but Martian Manhunter's d20 roll is the only that gives a better one to class specific people, for balance sake. Certain powers will get better based on how many markers you have. Martian Manhunter's control denial coverage, Cyborg's people moved, and Superman's initiative boost. They can be mediocre bonuses, or they can be absolutely amazing bonuses, in bigger games. It's all up to how many thematic characters you draft. However, the normal powers/boosts have been improved, and Batman and Superman's burns are open to anyone.

Martian Manhunter:
Spoiler Alert!

Batman:
Spoiler Alert!

Cyborg:
Spoiler Alert!

Superman:
Spoiler Alert!

The reason why this can be successful, for all involved, is it gives the best of both worlds. Say you want to draft Martian Manhunter, Spider-Man, Green Arrow, and Batman. You'll gain 3 markers to use on whoever you like. No messy placing them on cards, moving them around, or wondering who is getting what. 2 go on Martian Manhunter, 1 goes on Batman. Now if you want to play Batman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl, you'll get 4 markers placed on Batman to use.

In a bigger game, where you can stretch your legs a bit more as one would expect from the Justice League. You can draft Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Cyborg, Red Tornado, Atom, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Zatanna for 2,500. You'll be getting 5 on Superman, 5 on Batman, and 4 on Cyborg. That's a +14 to initiative, 5 times a figure can defend for another figure, 5 -2 defense from Batman, and 4 people that can be moved at the end of the round through the Boom Tube. Of course, this is an ideal scenario, with multiple marker hubs, and all thematic characters, including the cheap Atom counting twice over. If that's not a reason to play them together I don't know what is, but you're not forced to play them together, and they aren't the only ones to be able to receive benefits if you want a random dude getting the marker burns for himself/herself. They won't come in excess, so I think it keeps itself in check.

This also takes a lot of clutter and cuts down on the wording a ton. In addition, the theme is even stronger here as the person offering the bonus is the one having to expend their energy in order to give the power boost. The more they are surrounded by thematic members, the better some of their powers become, and the further they will push themselves. It also avoids marker clutter on figures that already start with markers, for anyone concerned with that.

It's open, it's restricted, I feel it's as fair of a compromise you're going to get.

Last edited by Arkham; August 17th, 2015 at 02:43 AM.
Old August 17th, 2015, 02:25 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I actually really like this! I think it will definitely wet the appetites of those wanting synergy within storyline team and those who like open synergy. Well done sir! I think you are on to something here.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 17th, 2015, 02:40 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I actually really like this! I think it will definitely wet the appetites of those wanting synergy within storyline team and those who like open synergy. Well done sir! I think you are on to something here.
I think so too.

I think it hits on the best of both worlds effectively, and solves the problems each side has expressed issues with.

From the open side, there's no markers being placed on specific figures, so there's no feeling of exclusion. There's nobody who can't receive these benefits from marker burn.

From the restricted side, in order to receive markers, and more markers, you need to at least draft some thematic people. The more thematic people you draft, the better a couple of support powers get, and the more burns you can use.

From the theme side, the names of the powers accompany the groupings. The person burning the marker is the one expending the effort to boost their teammate in their own thematic way. There's no refusal to help someone because they aren't part of a class, however, if they aren't as familiar with the group they are in, they aren't as useful and prepared.

From the card clutter side, the text has gone down quite a bit. 3-5 lines from each card were removed, and the whole thing reads better than any proposed prior version of this. There's no confusion on who is gaining what, or how the markers are placed etc. and you won't have Green Lantern with 4 batteries and 4 JL markers, as I believe japes wasn't a fan of.

So IMO it's a win/win. I feel like it's the most streamlined version of what we all want, and will pose the best results from what we're all looking for. Dysole could play his army however he likes, whether he wants 1 thematic member or 5, and choose to use the burn(s) on whoever he likes. Yoda can play his thematic army and receive more burns and potentially increased versions of some of the bonuses, because of it.
Old August 17th, 2015, 02:58 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Huh

I was about to propose some adjustments to what Bats had but I like this latest version and I agree that it's a better compromise than what we had originally. I'm happy here. Carry on.

~Dysole, who thinks I may have been the only one really dragging my feet

Last edited by Dysole; August 17th, 2015 at 03:02 AM. Reason: As a note, I might propose some minor adjustments to Supes/Bats powersets but otherwise I'm golden
Old August 17th, 2015, 03:29 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

But it now seems totally worth it, as I think this new idea is the best one yet!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old August 17th, 2015, 07:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

End of the line.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 17th, 2015, 08:12 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Perfection. This is, to me, inarguably the best version of this. It's simultaneously the most streamlined take we've had and the one that does the best job of being open and accomplishing our goals to encourage thematic drafting all at once. Bravo, sir. I think this thread has officially served its purpose.

And now I really want to see the Metal Men done as Android Protectors!

Old August 17th, 2015, 08:46 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
What if we did this approach? It's a mix of the Original Markers, Marker Burn, and done with a new approach that fits both better when combined.

Markers:
The markers are not placed on any other cards besides the designs with the powers giving them. The number of markers is dependent on how many you have of each class covered. The markers are actually what encourages the synergy, over just picking people randomly. You could just draft Green Arrow, and no other people within the classes listed, and you will only receive 1 marker. This marker does not have to be used on Green Arrow. This will be the encouragement to draft more thematic characters. If you build an entire army of thematic characters, in a 1,000 point game, you'll get 3-4 uses of the marker burn. If you draft in a larger game, you'll get more uses if you make a thematic army. However, these markers do not have to be used on specific class people, but that is the only way to obtain them.

Powers:
The powers are a little bit better, to include decent offering for anyone and everyone, but Martian Manhunter's d20 roll is the only that gives a better one to class specific people, for balance sake. Certain powers will get better based on how many markers you have. Martian Manhunter's control denial coverage, Cyborg's people moved, and Superman's initiative boost. They can be mediocre bonuses, or they can be absolutely amazing bonuses, in bigger games. It's all up to how many thematic characters you draft. However, the normal powers/boosts have been improved, and Batman and Superman's burns are open to anyone.

Martian Manhunter:
Spoiler Alert!

Batman:
Spoiler Alert!

Cyborg:
Spoiler Alert!

Superman:
Spoiler Alert!

The reason why this can be successful, for all involved, is it gives the best of both worlds. Say you want to draft Martian Manhunter, Spider-Man, Green Arrow, and Batman. You'll gain 3 markers to use on whoever you like. No messy placing them on cards, moving them around, or wondering who is getting what. 2 go on Martian Manhunter, 1 goes on Batman. Now if you want to play Batman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Hawkman, and Hawkgirl, you'll get 4 markers placed on Batman to use.

In a bigger game, where you can stretch your legs a bit more as one would expect from the Justice League. You can draft Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Cyborg, Red Tornado, Atom, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Zatanna for 2,500. You'll be getting 5 on Superman, 5 on Batman, and 4 on Cyborg. That's a +14 to initiative, 5 times a figure can defend for another figure, 5 -2 defense from Batman, and 4 people that can be moved at the end of the round through the Boom Tube. Of course, this is an ideal scenario, with multiple marker hubs, and all thematic characters, including the cheap Atom counting twice over. If that's not a reason to play them together I don't know what is, but you're not forced to play them together, and they aren't the only ones to be able to receive benefits if you want a random dude getting the marker burns for himself/herself. They won't come in excess, so I think it keeps itself in check.

This also takes a lot of clutter and cuts down on the wording a ton. In addition, the theme is even stronger here as the person offering the bonus is the one having to expend their energy in order to give the power boost. The more they are surrounded by thematic members, the better some of their powers become, and the further they will push themselves. It also avoids marker clutter on figures that already start with markers, for anyone concerned with that.

It's open, it's restricted, I feel it's as fair of a compromise you're going to get.
Great work Sock.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 17th, 2015, 08:56 AM

Btw, forgot to mention that I really like the addition of Heroic Carry on Superman. I've thought for a while that a new version of him should really be able to "rescue" people in that way.

If it helps, after I finish my current Former Hero LD, I could snag Superman 3.0 for you guys. Just let me know.

Edit: It would be cool if Batman 3.0 could move Justice League markers to cards that have at least one on them as part of his Tactical Strategist power.

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 17th, 2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old August 17th, 2015, 10:49 AM

I thought about that too Bats, and we could definitely include that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy