Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 24th, 2024, 01:11 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
A Few Quick Answers

I personally have no issues with 3D prints and I doubt the other organizers would. Proxies I think as long as they're reasonable are chill. I will happily make a call on a given proxy if people are curious.

@Bert was handling prizes and is in the middle of a trip. I'm hoping he can add that information to the OP. I know there was a fair bit of prize support we've been able to grab.

I'm reasonably confident that it will be 4 rounds per event. If that is incorrect, I'll update after we've had a chance to double check our schedule.

Looking at the schedule we planned for a Top Cut for the Main Event (all 3-1 or greater go to a bracket) but again I will correct if that is wrong. No other events will have a Top Cut.

Social Play and the like is more casual in nature. I don't remember what we had discussed for VC Showcase however.

If I remember right, those hours we have listed are when the community center is open (Bert can confirm) so we would not be able to stay late and game.

Hopefully in the future, we'll be able to get a location that would allow for a more flexible schedule, but I'm hopeful this initial run will give us a good blueprint to improve on things like that for the future.

~Dysole, 95% sure she'll be there and if she isn't she'll do what she can to give it the best odds of success
Old March 24th, 2024, 01:55 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Scape Summit Heroscape Convention

Northwest Community Center
Tournament hours:
Thursday: Noon - 8 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 8 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 5 PM

This means if things go to time Friday night, everyone's kicked out of the venue at 8pm. Saturday, we've got two hours to clean everything up before the doors close.

There are proposals to do off-site things Friday night; Bert wanted to hit one of the local videogame arcades. I want to drive 10 minutes east to Oasis Games for open gaming until midnight. Any other ideas?

Here's a map of the area. Your main intersection is Redwood Road and North Temple. The venue is right center. The Northwest Recreation Center is two stories, the Northwest Community Center (Scape Summit site) is one story. Nearby hotels are at the bottom left, bracketing I-215. It's possible to take UTA's TRAX light rail from the airport, get off at 1940 West (blue squares) and walk back two blocks to one of the hotels. Two stops east is Fairpark Station, just past the Jordan River (shown), then a two block walk north to the Rec Center. A UTA group pass is available onsite at any station, $15 for four people, all day; a per-person daypass is $5. Or carpool with the locals!

Some food options are shown; closest walk is two blocks north to All Chay for vegan Vietnamese, or two blocks south for City Creek Pizza. The legendary Red Iguana sites are about six blocks east.

Re: 3-D prints and proxies: the Utah crowd is laid-back; many people use 3D prints, proxies or borrow units. If it's close to the same height, I don't care what you use, but I'm not staff.

Which building is this at, exactly? You've got the times for the NW Recreation Center, but The NW Community Center (that seems like it has the rooms to host the event) is closed Saturdays, and closes weeknights at 6pm.

Last edited by UtahScott; March 24th, 2024 at 02:47 PM. Reason: venue is NW Community Center confirmed, outside of normal hours.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events