Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 30th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dignan's Competitive Unit Errata

The Vikings we played are not part of Dignan's errata at all-it's just some rules we made up so we could have a Viking army for an event we had last winter.

The Vikings probably don't need any errata according to Dignan's definitions of need.

I see them in just about every tournament I play in--maybe not in the best armies exactly, but they're out there.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old October 30th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Who else was in Sudema's army? IMO, she needs Raelin and Deathreavers with her to be worth it. Without that kind of protection, she just dies. Coincidentally....

Raelin - 80
Deathreavers x2 - 160
Sudema - 300

leaving you with a bunch of options to round out an army. I played Q10 and Marro Warriors once in a 500 point tourney with this and went 3-2. I think it's doable, especially with that new power.
Killercactus, I ran one of the Sudema armies.

I went with:

Sudema
Gorillinators x 3
Raelin (RotV)
Otinashi

Here are my thoughts and reasonings:

Sudema.
Like Dignan stated, Sudema was fun, but definitely had a glass jaw. I do not think in any kind of way is she overpowered with the errata changes. If anything, she's more playable and as frustrating as ever when the Stare of Stone doesn't work. (I think I tried to Stare podwest's Charos 4 times before it worked) That being said, you do have to get her within four spaces of the enemy, so...it's a great balancing act. However, Sudema was very successful in the end game by taking out 3 Warriors of Ashra in one activation. (Sudema's final tally was Charos, and 6 Warriors of Ashra).

So it goes both ways. I like the change.

Gorillinators.
I have a confession, and upon talking to DrLivingston, I am posting it here. I have never played the Gorillinators before. Not before last night anyway. And that alone, I think, justifies the errata changes. Yeah, there were no Special Attacks to warrant fielding the monkeys, but I had no way of knowing that before hand.
Instead, the changes made actually made me want to play them (which is what DrL said I should mention). And surprisingly, they did fantastic. If nothing else, the change will have people consider playing them, and that's a good thing, right?

The rest of the army
Just to finish out the logic, Raelin was there to boost Sudema's survivability and bolster the G'nators defense. Otinashi was there because the G'nators are tricky, and (hopefully) if I faced someone with a Wild personality, I'd be able to get a nice 10-move attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I've been mulling those over for a bit, what is everyone's feeling on MacDirks? Personally, I think they could be awesome (and do deal some serious damage on occasion). What is everyone's reaction to changing their defense from 2 to 3?

They would still be average speed, with defense below the crucial 4 mark, and expensive. It doesn't seem to make them overpowered. Thoughts?
I would love to see this one, Dignan.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:37 AM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

Cool errata, I like it. Now lets contact WoTC and get them to officially change the units

Oh well, wishful thinking.

Dustin

Last edited by vertigosmooth; October 31st, 2009 at 12:38 AM. Reason: caps fool!
Old October 31st, 2009, 05:21 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

How about making Deathwalker 9000's Explosion attack 4 dice?

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old October 31st, 2009, 06:06 AM

Fauz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I've always felt the tarns became obsolete due to lack of bonding with a Viking Champion. There are at least 3 they could choose from.

[New Heroscape Player July 24/2009]
Still learning the game rules and strategies.
Dipping into Dungeon Crawl ideas and scenarios.
Old October 31st, 2009, 10:16 AM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

When playing with just the RotV Master Set, rules that I've used are:

1) Tarn Vikings boundless charge becomes frenzy, where they can move and attack if they roll high enough. (They're so outgunned by the killer ranged units in the RotV, this actually works pretty well.) I like the bonding idea Fauz mentions as well.

2) Krav Maga defense only works against normal attacks. (Since the RotV set only has special attacks on Mimring and DW9000, this boosts the figures that cost too much and brings the Krav back down a little bit.)
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:00 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think the Krav are a unit that do not need any bolstering of any kind. The whole point of this errata thread is to generate changes to bolster the units that don't see much (if any) playing time at all.

Like Dund...

Last edited by rym; October 31st, 2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Poor Dund
Old October 31st, 2009, 12:21 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
I think the Krav are a unit that do not need any bolstering of any kind. The whole point of this errata thread is to generate changes to bolster the units that don't see much (if any) playing time at all.

Like Dund...
Actually, his house rule helped diminish the Krav by having their ability only work against normal attacks.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old October 31st, 2009, 11:42 PM
Who Bummed Woo

Oh, I understand that his house rule helped diminish the powerful nature of the Krav. But I was stating that I don't think the Krav need that kind of change at all. Yeah, they're good - really good - but there are certainly enough counters out there for them.

My point was only that I thought we were trying to establish some "house rules" that help other units see more playing time. You know, improving units that need some help. The Krav, even with their Stealth Dodge only working against normal attacks, would still be pretty solid.

But then again, you are errating the Deathreavers, and they're as solid as they come as it is. Maybe we should give the Krav a go with that rule implemented.

Last edited by rym; October 31st, 2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Damn, I went and convinced myself and changed my own mind. That's why I stay away from these debates.
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:21 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Oh, I understand that his house rule helped diminish the powerful nature of the Krav. But I was stating that I don't think the Krav need that kind of change at all. Yeah, they're good - really good - but there are certainly enough counters out there for them.

My point was only that I thought we were trying to establish some "house rules" that help other units see more playing time. You know, improving units that need some help. The Krav, even with their Stealth Dodge only working against normal attacks, would still be pretty solid.

But then again, you are errating the Deathreavers, and they're as solid as they come as it is. Maybe we should give the Krav a go with that rule implemented.
Nah, I really want to avoid bringing units down. The deathreavers is just a unit that I feel is way too good at what it does and stagnates the tournament scene because of it.

I don't see the need to bring down any other units. It's much more fun to simply make the bad units more competitive.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 1st, 2009, 08:24 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

This is a great thread. My friend and I have been talking about things like this for a couple of years now. I even thought that if it was decided to change a card, new cards could be issued inside the Hero pack of the next expansion wave. This may actually increase sales of the pack, which are often left on the shelves to rot, if people want more than one copy of the card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
I've been mulling those over for a bit, what is everyone's feeling on MacDirks? Personally, I think they could be awesome (and do deal some serious damage on occasion). What is everyone's reaction to changing their defense from 2 to 3?

They would still be average speed, with defense below the crucial 4 mark, and expensive. It doesn't seem to make them overpowered. Thoughts?
I think if you are going to change their defense you would have to look at other cards that have a defense of 2 as well. If we took the KoW's defense of 4 as the standard because they are wearing metal and the Aubrien Archers defense of 2 because they are probably wearing nothing more than leather then the Macdirks should really be a 1 because they are wearing only kilts. I think raising the defense is too much.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old November 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

I like the idea of the Monk's Bonding, but I think you should make sure it reads "Ullar/ Aquilla" on the card. I think that these two generals have a natural bond with one another and their figures should be able cross bond. There were many other type of monk groups so for Aquilla to have its own common squads and Ullar to get another hero is not out of the question IMO. I also think that Aquilla may see some Viper squad of her own and to have them bond with Ullar ones only makes sense.

The EI are over priced. I like the idea of having them bond with another Kyrie. Either the price has to be reduced to maybe 125 or add the bonding and keep the current points.

I love the idea of the Tarn Vikings bonding. Lets get those good ol' boys some playing time!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions