Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 29th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Holy Prolific, Batman! A3n has pumped out some beauties in rapid succession. And we love them all!

You definitely had us fooled with some of colors because we always try and predict where you'll steal the colors from. We thought for sure that you would be stuck using green on Savage Dragon and then you surprised us taking the white from his ripped T-shirt. Police colors - aha! Then Beast Boy seemed like he was going to be white and red from his costume but nope, you got us again. We love having you as our art director because you are so much better at this than we could ever be. Bravo my man. On other note, I was worried that the Kick-Ass figure photo came out blurry and dark but then you chose the night parking lot background and BAM it looks pretty sick... in the greatest possible way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post

While I was creating BB's card I realised there isn't SS. I definitely would've given him SS, if not permanently then added it to one of the powers. Also did you decide not to use Metahuman as a species? I don't recall either way. But if you haven't made that a hard rule, I think he should be.
Now let me answer the questions that you raise on Beast Boy.

1) The Superstrength debate was one we had during playtesting. We all agreed he was a tough call but went back to the original Hasbro cards where Spider-Man has it but Captain America doesn't. Spidey can pick up a car, but Cap can't. As for Beast Boy, a rhino or a T-Rex can knock over a car with momentum but I don't think a gorilla can lift one. In truth, we looked at the advantages of Superstrength and broke it down to (a) avoiding falling damage and (b) breaking destructible objects like the brick wall. In the end, we didn't think that a rhino, a gorilla, a bear, etc. could bust through a brick wall like a superhero with super strength. And as for falling damage, they would all be pretty uncomfortable "falling" from any height. I know a jungle cat could easily leap down but with Flying as an option, we thought that he could essentially "fall" voluntarily from any heath he wants. It's the knock back or forced movement that could hurt him with a fall and we thought that any animal knocked off balance and off an edge would likely take damage.

2) Metahuman is something we agreed to avoid in the HelmAverse. The definition is too vague in that it is a DC term to describe anybody with superpowers. It's not really a species. The original Hasbro has Spider-man, Captain America and Hulk as human. The HelmAverse has Flash, Green Goblin and Captain Marvel as human. Considering Beast Boy started his life as a human who then got his powers from an injection, we thought he should be classified as human.

... and Yes, you are all caught up and even finished off your versions of Starfire and Blackfire. Awesome! Now we have to look at Abrackadabra... my internal scape juices just may start flowing again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations