Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 10th, 2017, 01:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Adam Warlock - vote for initial playtest

I suppose it should. I was only really planning on doing initials on Adam Warlock, but I should get the Cocoon moving independently at this point.
Old May 10th, 2017, 02:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Personally I'd focus on getting Adam to a place where you are happy with him first. Then having played some games with Adam and having a pretty good idea of what his final card is going to look like you may have some new ideas on how to make the Cocoon a key addition to what he does.
Old May 10th, 2017, 04:38 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That seems reasonable; at this point I'm pretty sure we're not collapsing the Cocoon back down to a power on this card, and since I want it to be a non-essential value add, it can essentially wait until after the AW design is in a stable place.
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd be fine running him and the Cocoon concurrently. I mean, it's such a minor mechanic in the grand scheme of things.

Yea

Looking at some of the comic art there - man, a young David Bowie would have played a cool Adam Warlock.
Old May 11th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'd be fine running him and the Cocoon concurrently. I mean, it's such a minor mechanic in the grand scheme of things.

Yea

Looking at some of the comic art there - man, a young David Bowie would have played a cool Adam Warlock.
Man, hadn't thought of it before, but you're right there!

Honestly, I'd suggest doing Warlock first and the cocoon second - I believe Bruce Banner, Billy Batson and the Mysterio Holographs were done after The Incredible Hulk, Captain Marvel and Mysterio after all.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 11th, 2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I propose that Adam Warlock move to initial playtesting, which I will handle myself.
5 yeas and outside the 2-day window, so this passes.

I'll run some initials tonight. I'll do a few quick solo runs with Warlock before giving him friends for the Soul Gem. Trying to decide if it's worth trying to play him alongside relatively cheap high-attack figures (e.g. Molly Hayes, Hasbro Venom, Cheetah Beast Boy, Maybe Hawkmen or Vampire Minions?) to load up the Soul Gem with good attack options.
Old May 11th, 2017, 02:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Adam Warlock - initial playtesting

Seems like a good idea. I particularly like the idea of throwing him into an army with Hawkgirl, Hawkman, & some Hawkmen. The squad figures give you a steady flow of 5 att. souls, while leading out with and losing Halkgirl helps you in two different ways. Her loss boosts Hawkman while also feeding the Soul Gem for a bonded attack of 6. Who else can benefit from sacrificing another figure? Sif is one who comes to mind. Maybe Thor, Sif, & Adam would make for an interesting army. Fight with Thor until he dies, which sets Sif off and gives Adam a bonded attack of 8.
Old May 11th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yikes. good strategies there YK. The Hawks always scare me.
Old May 11th, 2017, 04:55 PM

Hawk-people feels a bit matchup-dependent because if your opponent has range they can try to kite the hawk-people out of Soul Gem range. Looks strong in the right matchup, though.

Comedian+Bucky would be an interesting cheap option. Their ranged special attacks make it easy to keep them within 3 spaces of Warlock while they're alive, and "It's all a Joke" keeps you from being exposed after they go down. Relatively weak attacks of 4 and 3, but you don't pay too much for them.

EDIT: Oooh, check this out: Carnage + Joker Goons. Carnage gets a bunch of double turns, and Warlock is going to have, at least, a steady supply of additional attacks of 3 for the rest of the game.

Various other figures that let you destroy your own figures for fun and profit (Scourge of the Underworld, Lex, Madame Hydra, Red Mist) present similar possibilities, but I think Joker Goons are the most usable. Scourge + Beast Boy (Cheetah) is an OK gambit to get a 5 attack on the gem, though.

-----

Maybe I should change Master of the Soul Gem to only work on destruction caused "by an opponent's attack or special power". These self-kill options don't feel very thematic.

Last edited by dok; May 11th, 2017 at 05:59 PM.
Old May 11th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Post-Yea

Sorry, super busy work week so far.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 12th, 2017, 01:42 AM

I did a few 1v1s, and then one real fight. I'll post details tomorrow, but two quick thoughts:
  • I may be convinced otherwise when I see the potency of the Soul Gem power in a stronger light, but I tend to think AW needs another life point and/or more defense. I'm leaning towards 7 life.
  • I'm pretty sure I want to add the proviso that you can only put friendly figures on the gem when they are destroyed by an opponent's figure. Putting the Joker goons on the card using All Part of the Plan felt a bit cheesey and somewhat unthematic.
Old May 12th, 2017, 01:08 PM
C3G Landlord

How did the 55% retain rate on the souls feel? 7 life seems like a lot, I'd rather see higher defense but I'm open to either.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library