Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 10th, 2015, 08:59 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

@davidhsl Epic is fantastic, cheap, and has good replay with all of the different drafts and building. Some of the Kickstarter extra cards are even more epic than the base set.

Got Trickerion in the mail today. Cracking it open now. I have been really looking for to this.

Haven't had much time for playing much lately, but speaking of card games we have been playing Pokemon and Force of Will since they are pretty quick.
Old December 10th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
@davidhsl Epic is fantastic, cheap, and has good replay with all of the different drafts and building. Some of the Kickstarter extra cards are even more epic than the base set.

Got Trickerion in the mail today. Cracking it open now. I have been really looking for to this.

Haven't had much time for playing much lately, but speaking of card games we have been playing Pokemon and Force of Will since they are pretty quick.

You aren't kidding about cheap. Three decks of Epic for an Epic Cube cost me a total of a bit over $30, which is an amazing bargain given the gameplay in this. And I love the massive powers in this game that can cause huge swings. Since I didn't get in on the Kickstarter, I missed on getting the extra cards, but I've been able to proxy them.
Old December 10th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I really like Epic. Pound for pound, it is (by a wide margin) the best I've ever done on Kickstarter. They are introducing competitive play at a local game shop; it may become a regular thing.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:40 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played Nevermore again last night. Still not really a fan.

Also played Vault Wars for the first time. Did really enjoy this one.
Old December 11th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Never tried Nevermore but tried Vault Wars once and liked it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Played Nevermore again last night. Still not really a fan.

Also played Vault Wars for the first time. Did really enjoy this one.
I played Vault Wars at a game night a few weeks ago and really had fun with it. I really like all the bluffing that goes with the game.

My son and I have been spending a lot of time working at a Christmas tree stand run by his Boy Scout troop. We had a really slow night on Tuesday, so I broke out my copy of Batman Love Letter, which we proceeded to play 15-20 times. It was a good choice for a group of teenaged boys, so I'm glad I brought it with me. The next day, one of the boy's parents sent me a note asking me about the game and where they could buy it (spreading the word...).

I also had the opportunity to play a few games of Roll for the Galaxy for the first time at game night, and I really enjoyed it (to the point that I bought a copy the next day). It still provides the feel of Race for the Galaxy, but it seems much more approachable. @Dad_Scaper , we should try this one out next time we get together. @Gurei-Ornery may even be willing to try it since it involves lots of dice.
Old December 11th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wasn't a huge fan of Race for the Galaxy when I tried it a few years ago, but I really liked Roll for the Galaxy when I tried it a month or so ago.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 11th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'll give it a shot, akden.

@Matthias was visiting Baltimore earlier this week & I had a chance to play a couple games with him. I showed him Yomi, which I thought he'd like. I think it was a hit. Heaven knows he destroyed me at it. Then he showed me the LotR LCG card game, which I *loved*. And I'd never get to play at home, because it's coop, which is verboten.

= =
Old December 11th, 2015, 11:40 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'll give it a shot, akden.

@Matthias was visiting Baltimore earlier this week & I had a chance to play a couple games with him. I showed him Yomi, which I thought he'd like. I think it was a hit. Heaven knows he destroyed me at it. Then he showed me the LotR LCG card game, which I *loved*. And I'd never get to play at home, because it's coop, which is verboten.
You could play it solo, which I've done on several occasions.
Old December 11th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yeah, that's what he'd been doing.

It's a bigger game than I was expecting, and the rules really drive the sense of a *story*. But I don't care much for solo gaming.

= =
Old December 12th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Got in some Dominion, Powergrid, Flashpoint: Fire Rescue (we won on heroic, with actual relative ease due to how the fire was clustered at the start), and Sentinels of the Multiverse.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 12th, 2015, 11:37 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yeah, that's what he'd been doing.

It's a bigger game than I was expecting, and the rules really drive the sense of a *story*. But I don't care much for solo gaming.
I have a ton of it you can borrow if you change your mind. It is really good solo. I am looking forward to trying Warhammer Quest Adventure Card Game solo as I have grown tired of Pathfinder and it sounds different enough from the reviews I've read to refresh the genre for me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games