Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old December 16th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Robot Workshop

I just feel like designing them one way, then turning around and redesigning them a different way seems a bit...pointless? I'll try to kind of ride the line between the two, then maybe try to push them more towards D at the end.
Old December 16th, 2018, 01:15 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I wouldn't do it one way, then tear it all down and rebuild from the ground up or anything. Just saying that it's fine to start with your rough ideas of how they should all work and then try to interweave them more once you have a better idea of what they're all doing.
Old December 16th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm in favor of A, B, C, and D. A you can just tackle when you get to Magnus, though, and B you can just tackle when you get to Gold. It might be easier to do the others first with a focus on C and D.

And you always have Alloy in your back pocket to show them working together. I really love the idea of combined functions, though, like that cannon/cannonball you described.

I need to brush up on some reading on these guys so I can be more proactive with my suggestions. It's definitely a group I'm interested in.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 16th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah I'd really like someone double-checking my work. I had a few Metal Men comics as a kid and I've read stories here or there but I'm totally not an expert on things like if Iron and Lead should have stretchy arm ranged attacks or if Platinum should have SS.
Quote:

NAME = LEAD

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = METAL MAN
PERSONALITY = DIM-WITTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ???

LEAD SHIELD
When rolling defense dice against a Special Attack with Lead or any figure you control adjacent to Lead, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled, or 2 automatic shields if the defending figure is a Metal Man.

LEAD CANNONBALL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 5.
You can only use Lead Cannonball Special Attack if Lead is adjacent to a figure you control with Super Strength. After attacking, place Lead within 1 space of the space the defending figure occupied before you attacked.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:

NAME = MERCURY

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = METAL MAN
PERSONALITY = TEMPERAMENTAL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = ???

LIQUID METAL FLOW
Mercury is never attacked when leaving engagement. When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Mercury, do not count spaces for the first two levels. When Mercury rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, one shield will block all damage.

MERCURY SQUEEZE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2+ Special.
Choose a figure to attack and roll 2 attack dice. For each skull rolled, roll one additional attack die. Continue rolling an additional attack die for each additional skull rolled until no skulls are rolled. The defending figure rolls defense normally and cannot move for the rest of your turn.
Old December 17th, 2018, 09:54 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I can't answer those stretchy arm/Super Strength questions, unfortunately.

I'd love to see more of those "combo" effects like the one you mentioned for the cannon. Maybe those could be baked into more of the special attacks? I don't mind these guys being specifically reliant on each other for army building, because you don't really see them popping up solo.

I wonder if it's possible/worth specifically calling out Kryptonite on Lead.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 17th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I can't answer those stretchy arm/Super Strength questions, unfortunately.

I'd love to see more of those "combo" effects like the one you mentioned for the cannon. Maybe those could be baked into more of the special attacks? I don't mind these guys being specifically reliant on each other for army building, because you don't really see them popping up solo.

I wonder if it's possible/worth specifically calling out Kryptonite on Lead.
Yeah, I'm certainly down with more combo attacks. That's more just a lack of me being able to come up with something super-creative for them. Maybe Lead, instead of just turning into a cannonball himself, can have a more powerful SA that requires Iron to fire him? I can see a bunch of stuff like that working, maybe even with each Metal Man requiring another to have their SA work? Or even something like this on Iron?
Quote:
IRON CANNON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack Special.
Before attacking with this Special Attack, you must choose an adjacent Metal Man you control and place that Metal Man adjacent to the defending figure. When attacking, roll X attack dice, where X is the defense number of the chosen Metal Man. Figures moved with Iron Cannon Special Attack will take any leaving engagement attacks.
So Iron turns into a cannon and fires his fellow Metal Man at the opponent. Iron's most common partner is Lead and Lead's slow move and high defense will make him the perfect ammo. But it still leaves it open for him to fire Mercury or Tin or whatever if he needs to.

I could see Kryptonite stuff being factored into Lead's powers. It would also be cool to get in a boost against Daxamites, but that's a very small bit of flavor text.
Old December 17th, 2018, 12:55 PM

I like that cannon ball power! We just need to find other examples of how they've combined, now, and similarly translate them.

Old December 17th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like that cannon ball power! We just need to find other examples of how they've combined, now, and similarly translate them.
Honestly, I think if we can come up with a cool combo that makes sense with the characters instead of copying something from the comics, that works too.

One thing I've seen them do a lot is try to tie/pin down an opponent by shapeshifting around them. Tina, and Mercury seem especially fond of wrapping themselves around somebody, but every one of them has some way. (Image on the left)

That image came from a pretty cool article about them I found here. Just a very basic summary but I think it could be useful.
Old December 17th, 2018, 02:25 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe look into Colossus's Fastball Special for inspiration?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 17th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Just A Head

Okay, what about this as a second take on Iron? Would Rusting work on him (he does rust in water) and is it okay to slap a variable on there? I tried cribbing some wording from Fastball Special but who knows if it works out.
Quote:

NAME = IRON

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = METAL MAN
PERSONALITY = STOIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ???

RUSTING 3
At the end of each round, if Iron is on the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 10 from the roll if Iron is on a water space. If you roll 3 or lower, Iron receives one wound.

IRON CANNON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack Special.
Before attacking with this Special Attack, you must choose an adjacent Metal Man you control and fire that Metal Man by placing it adjacent to the defending figure. When attacking, roll X attack dice, where X is the defense number of the chosen Metal Man. Figures moved with Iron Cannon Special Attack will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH
Old December 17th, 2018, 05:57 PM

I like him.

Old December 17th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Just A Head

And then Lead can take up Iron's old SA;
Quote:

NAME = LEAD

SPECIES = ANDROID
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = METAL MAN
PERSONALITY = DIM-WITTED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ???

LEAD SHIELD
When rolling defense dice against a Special Attack with Lead or any figure you control adjacent to Lead, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled, or 2 automatic shields if the defending figure is a Metal Man.

LEAD HAMMER SLAM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Choose a figure to attack. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are affected. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Lead is not affected by this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, you may place each figure that received one or more wounds from this special attack within 1 space of its original placement. A figure moved by this special attack never takes any leaving engagement attacks but will take any falling damage that may apply.

SUPER STRENGTH
Is it worth trying to call out the Glyph of Kryptonite?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy