Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old May 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM

Visceral_Mass Woo who?
Re: Official Wizards Feedback Thread (Summary pg 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral_Mass View Post
Ready made plateaus that don't take a lot of pieces to make. Just one large hollow one.
You don't need hexes inside, though...
We were discussing how to package them.
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:44 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Would you pay 5x for them?...'cause it doesn't make sense to them to make them if we are willing to buy the regular pieces at regular prices.
Why would they cost 5X as much? They aren't the same as 5 pieces stacked on top of each other. It is one piece with extra long sides. Yeah it will cost more but not 5X as much. Its not even using 5X as much plastic.
Do you know what it would cost?

Probably not so you could not assume that it would cost less to produce. I actually think it would cost more.

The fact of the matter is that if people are paying for multiple sets to achieve such things using the 1 deep terrain being made WHY would they make terrain that is 3 high? 5 high?, 7 high? And if they do they can charge 3x 5 x or 7x the cost of the 1high pieces.
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:51 PM

Visceral_Mass Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Would you pay 5x for them?...'cause it doesn't make sense to them to make them if we are willing to buy the regular pieces at regular prices.
Why would they cost 5X as much? They aren't the same as 5 pieces stacked on top of each other. It is one piece with extra long sides. Yeah it will cost more but not 5X as much. Its not even using 5X as much plastic.

Probably not so you could not assume that it would cost less to produce. I actually think it would cost more.
Truth of the matter is neither one of us knows what it would cost. All I am saying is that I seriously doubt it would cost 5 times as much.
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:52 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Truth of the matter is neither one of us knows what it would cost. All I am saying is that I seriously doubt it would cost 5 times as much.
Truth of the matter is I only asked if you would pay 5x the cost of a regular hex
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:53 PM

Visceral_Mass Woo who?

[quote=Onacara;555397]
Quote:
Quote:
The fact of the matter is that if people are paying for multiple sets to achieve such things using the 1 deep terrain being made WHY would they make terrain that is 3 high? 5 high?, 7 high? And if they do they can charge 3x 5 x or 7x the cost of the 1high pieces.
Why did they make the multiple swamp water terrain piece in the Swarm of the Marro set when there was nothing wrong with the single swamp water terrain pieces? Most likely for ease of use. That would be why they would make them.
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:55 PM
has been BANNED

[QUOTE=Visceral_Mass;555410]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why did they make the multiple swamp water terrain piece in the Swarm of the Marro set when there was nothing wrong with the single swamp water terrain pieces? Most likely for ease of use. That would be why they would make them.
Its the base for the hive...same as the bases for some of the glaciers are larger than a single hex. Not the same thing.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Visceral_Mass Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Truth of the matter is I only asked if you would pay 5x the cost of a regular hex
We can go back and forth all night lets just agree that you think they will be more expensive and I do not.
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Visceral_Mass Woo who?

[quote=Onacara;555413]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Its the base for the hive...same as the bases for some of the glaciers are larger than a single hex. Not the same thing.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!
Actually it is the same since those things would fit just as easily on the single terrain pieces if arranged to do so. So it was for ease of use that they created a multi hex piece.

And I apologize for derailing this thread. I will stop posting non questions now
Old May 12th, 2008, 06:59 PM
has been BANNED

I didnt say they would be more exepnsive...I asked if you would be willing to pay more for them then the regular hexes.

WotC/Hasbro is a company that is here to make money and are doing just fine with the way things are and people buying multiple MS. If they made these and charged 5x the amount for it ...would you pay it or would you say "Heck I will just buy 5 more MS so I have the ability to build the plateaus and the diversity to build other things"?
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There would be a fixed cost for the new molds/product development. Spread across all the units sold, that fixed cost may be negligible, or it may a be pretty important determinant of cost-per-unit.

While a 5-height hex would take less plastic than 5 1-height hex pieces, it is not clear to me whether plastic is the most important cost here. Labor/machine maintenance/packaging might well be more important factors, and may vary based on hex-height.

I wouldn't mind larger pieces, but am okay with the way things are, too. I do use the castle pieces for interior supports to large hills, etc, and tall hexes would certainly have their uses.
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:03 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd be more interested to know if the hexes in future packs will be more like SOTM's swamp grass, or the old-style brown outline hexes of RoTV. I actually think the swamp grass hexes (green on slightly different green) look nicer than the regular grass (green on brown). I'd be happy to see gray on gray stone hexes, or light brown on light brown sand hexes.

The newer terrain tiles look much better. (Swamp, Snow, Lava field, asphalt)

Last edited by fomox; May 12th, 2008 at 07:59 PM.
Old May 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

I am happy with the way the hexes are......

The thing is that when you get these 5 or more high pieces theres only a few uses, all you can use is for vry hilly areas and large maps, most likely not at tournaments,

I like the singles because if you want to build a more lfat ladn you wouldn't have all these high hexes sticking up bacause thats all you had,

Yeah some times they would be awesome, yet i think that how they are now is the best way to be valuable in all map scenarios.

DeadEye
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News