Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 5th, 2017, 12:29 AM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Isamu

While I was reading the Book, some people suggested that Isamu be used as a first strike unit, but I believe his power (and reasoning for being A+) comes as cleanup. For 10 points, Isamu allows someone on the losing end to make epic comebacks more often than not.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 10:57 AM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

Ok so quick question. This also pertains on the ninjas of the Northern Wind but i thought id post it in this thread. If i am using either the deathstalkers or wyvern and roll all skulls will the units with vanish be able to vanish. Based on how i read it the wyvern puts damage on immediatly but it could be that they try for vanish first. So what is the correct order

Thanks

Edit: also can isamu vanish above his original height cause the card shows no limitations on the height. So can he go like 10 spaces up even though its above his height
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:11 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Isamu/NotNW will get to roll for Vanish/Disappear. The one-skull criteria was met. If they fail, then "roll defense dice normally" is replaced by the Wyvern/Deathstalker's automatic wounds.

Also, Isamu cannot ignore his height when Vanishing. It is a "move" and therefore subject to all the normal move rules.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:56 AM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

Ok thanks. How do you make the decision on which one would occur first. Cause they seem extremely close in standard. Ill still follow your ruling just wondered how you got to your conclusion
Old February 23rd, 2018, 05:50 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, looking at the FAQ I think this question is answered. Isamu can roll against Ullar's Enhanced Rifle, but cannot against the Rechets because "the defending figure... is immediately removed from the battlefield".

That word immediately means that Lethal Sting stops being an attack at some point and becomes a power, since wounds are not mentioned and the figure is simply destroyed.

With both Maul and Venemous Sting the wounds are inflicted by the attack. Maul states "the defending figure receives a wound for every skull" which negates Tough and whatnot, and might make a case for not letting him Vanish after Maul, but I still agree with NecroBlade's ruling. That line is just clarifying what is happening, that the skulls from the attack dice are dealing the wounds. That makes me think Maul is still an attack, and doesn't breach into the territory Lethal Sting does to skip over all defensive powers.

To expand even more, if there was a power that read "this figure receives no wounds when attacked by Soulborg" it would ignore the Maul damage; but if there was a power that read "this figure receives no wounds when attack by Undead figures" it would still be removed by Lethal Sting, since no wounds are inflicted with that.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old May 16th, 2020, 01:02 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

He will always be A+ in my book. For 10 points, I've assassinated more figures than should be humanly possible with this sneaky little sucker. The cheapest/most flexible figure in HeroScape to me. Need a lackey? Isamu. Need a distraction? Isamu. Need to get a certain under priced, broken Jandar Hero who's name starts with a "R" and ends with an "--Aelin" out of your way? Isamu. Need to make a mad dash to try to capture an enemy flag? Yea....I think I've proved my point.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 20th, 2020, 09:41 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I once plopped Isamu in a chokepoint, failed to Vanish, then blocked the one-skull attack, forcing the rest of my opponent's army to take the long way around either side, ultimately helping me win the game.

No one does a good Isamu story like @Deroche , though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 21st, 2020, 09:39 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

This might be out of scope but if he was set at 20 points, and you had 20 points left, would you take Isamu or Marcu (or Otinashi and Bol)? other than Marcu as a Wound glyph soak, Isamu is better in my opinion. If you want to nerf him a little, use my 15 point version:

Old May 21st, 2020, 02:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d probably still take Isamu at 20 points.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 21st, 2020, 05:17 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I’d probably still take Isamu at 20 points.
Yup, same here! He is my absolute all time favorite figure, hands down. I'd play him at 30, tbh.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old May 21st, 2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I once plopped Isamu in a chokepoint, failed to Vanish, then blocked the one-skull attack, forcing the rest of my opponent's army to take the long way around either side, ultimately helping me win the game.

No one does a good Isamu story like @Deroche , though.
That's epic. One game, years ago, I slaughtered an entire squad of knights, 2 vikings, sir denrick at full health, 2 4th mass troops and 1 minion...!! :O

Old May 21st, 2020, 06:49 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If Isamu is 20 points, the choice to take him comes down much more to the rest of the army, at least in a tournament setting. There's a lot of armies where wannok can do a lot of damage, and in a tournament setting I'd rather remove that variance and take Marcu to soak the wannok hits if I had 20 points left to fill.

I think at 20 points Isamu would have to switch roles from pure filler to having a specific role in the army, like to assassinate Raelin, Nilf, or some such Jandar hero and then putting more than one OM on him at a time is quite a problem.

I'ts not that Isamu isn't worth it at 20 points, it's just that 6 wannok hits is often worth more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units