Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 6th, 2022, 03:48 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: NO POSTING - Heroscape 2.0 News from Designers and Staff

(Some of) the EU news we've been awaiting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Patrick
Fun fact: Germany, Italy, and Spain are now live! Tell your friends.

Additionally, a transcript of the trailer video, courtesy of UtahScott:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thormun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQW5hE5sN00

We thought the wellsprings were a blessing.
We thought they gifted us with the powers of gods: visions of the future, armies summoned from distant galaxies.

We were wrong. The wellsprings bring our world nothing but pain, nothing but suffering and endless destruction. Driven to war to protect them from the clutches of Utgar and his minions, the Valkyries came together in a fleeting moment of hope.

But my visions of the future drove me to despair. I gave up everything the wellspring provided--the strength, the armies, the visions--until I saw my own home reduced to ash. Until I heard the whispers and rumors of our Valkyrie, and other wellsprings. Not knowing where those allegiances would fall drove me even further into madness.

Driven by revenge, I can no longer sit idly by. If I do nothing, I will lose more than my home. I will lose everything, the world reduced to the memory of a flame.

You can be a hero, or a pacifist, but you cannot be both. Peace is but a dream in Valhalla, a dream i can no longer seek. I will carve my name into my enemies, and everyone will know who stands against them.

My world no longer needs a scholar or a historian. It needs a hero.
Old October 6th, 2022, 11:26 PM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The big one

Courtesy of @Myth26, @Xiegfried, and @Majora's Incarnation, we now have a full transcription of Saturday's PulseCon panel.

Spoiler Alert!

Note that Raakchott has previously been referred to as "he", but is consistently referred to here as "she" by Craig.
Note that the Dryan wizards have previously been consistently referred to as "magi", but are referred to here as "mages" by Craig.

Last edited by Anitar; October 8th, 2022 at 12:54 PM. Reason: collapsible
Old October 7th, 2022, 01:04 PM

Quote:
If you're at NYCC and want to see the scale of this thing, we've made it into the Javits Center!

Note the presence of all five SotM remix Heroes, and the continued absence of most of the new kyrie. We also have an article on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecrazy3193
i would like to know how many 24's 7's 2's 1's we are getting in the set
Did this get answered for you yet? If not, I'll go find the answer. Last time I saw, I did the math and it was I think 220 total hexes of terrain (caveating that I was a theatre major not a math major)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bill
Also - if you all haven't seen yet we have gone live in the EU. Tell all your European friends to back!
It is currently limited to Austria, Germany, Italy, and Spain. I am not sure if more will be added.
does that mean France is out out or are yall working on it
It's most likely out.
Note: Austria is a new addition.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by webyabois
Intergalactic Patrick I know you've gotten this question a lot, but when ya'll say soon for a prototype card or another video or other things, are we thinking like this weekend, next week, or just hopefully during october?
Not this weekend. Maybe next week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
In my head I see Volarak as a bit of a recluse and introvert… more comfortable around artifacts than the other Kyrie of Haukeland. Someone who experiments to learn, like an artist with a pile of failed works.
Quote:
There is another aspect of the package you haven’t seen yet… and it’s sooooo cool

Last edited by Anitar; October 17th, 2022 at 01:55 PM. Reason: locally hosted imagery by caps
Old October 7th, 2022, 03:21 PM

...This seems like a bit of a weird setup, but okay.
Quote:
NEW GAME: Anyone who visits Ritta at the booth in person (booth 1137) can ask Ritta a question and I will answer it on the Discord.

NYCC Booth Question: Jason, the figures will come “not primed” in production to allow you to choose the primer color of your choice when painting your miniatures.

NYCC booth Question: Peter, the walls are both modular AND stackable! You can scale those walls to the ceiling!

NYCC Booth: SHOUT-OUT to Sean for visiting Ritta! Sean, yes there are bonding mechanics on the cards within Vanguard Edition, unfortunately I’m not going to give out specific examples at the moment and compromise some of our plans for how that information is going to be shared. But thanks Sean for coming to the booth!

Quote:
Hex Tile breakdown:
6 Grass Tiles (24 hex)
4 Grass Tiles (7 hex)
2 Grass Tiles (3 hex)
6 Grass Tiles (2 hex)
10 Grass Tiles (1 hex)

2 Rock Tiles (24 hex)
2 Rock Tiles (7 hex)
1 Rock Tile (3 hex)
5 Rock Tiles (2 hex)
4 Rock Tiles (1 hex)

2 Sand Tiles (7 hex)
1 Sand Tile (3 hex)
5 Sand Tiles (2 hex)
4 Sand Tiles (1 hex)

SPARKLY water tiles (20)

Palm Tree (3)
Underbrush (6)

single thin wall connecter (20)
small thin wall piece (10)
big thin wall piece (10)
big thin wall arch (2)
big thin wall ruin A (2)
big thin wall ruin B (2)
big thin wall ruin C (2)
connecter base (20)

Last edited by Anitar; October 8th, 2022 at 12:53 PM. Reason: color-coding mine
Old October 7th, 2022, 04:34 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
There are 46 army cards not including stretch goals.
Encarmine clarified the number of army cards in the project.
Old October 7th, 2022, 05:03 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros
I've heard mention of two years of products planned. When does the two year roadmap start? When the product ships or when the haslab dropped?
I’ll say this: we have a policy on the team to ensure all backers receive their copies of our Haslab items prior to releasing to retail. You get the product FIRST. The timetables finalized at the end of the Haslab campaign will determine any potential retail launch. There are dozens of factors that link the two topics together (such as shared tooling) so we need to evaluate the scale of the crowdfunding campaign and the number of backers, before we are able to lock down a retail launch timetable.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by caps
I'm sure we won't get any new releases until 2024.
Not completely true. But it’s all guesstimations right now until we know volumes.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaader
Why is this being run so different from HeroQuest? That model was incredibly successful.
What aspect do you believe is different?
Tiers and $$$

Explicitly, HeroQuest had a $100 tier and a $150 tier. HeroScape has only a $250 tier.
Is that the only difference you are pinpointing?
It is the huge standout issue that many in the community believe makes the game harder to back, yes.

I'm sure you've lost count of how many times people have said "I would buy a $100 starter set, but $250 is too rich for my blood" or the like. I know I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Stupendous
The other big difference would be the target goal
Which is twice as big for heroscape
And the general approach to stretch goals seems pretty different as well
The upfront tooling costs on Heroscape are significantly more expensive compared to Heroquest. That drives that topic quite a bit I’m afraid.
Is that also the answer for the $250 price point also, or just the $2mil target?
It is a key driver. Plastic terrain compared to a printed board is not even remotely close here. Plastic tokens and markers, number of dice, full size rulebook. It just goes on.

We’ve had looked at A LOT of scenarios the scale of the offering. ::wipes forehead:: trust me. I understand some of those decisions absent a whole bunch of internal spreadsheets, are not always obvious, but I assure you, the decisions were most definitely informed.
Emphasis mine.
--
After talking about all of the QA that Hasbro does around product safety, durability, chemical composition, etc.
Quote:
To all these points. Remember, a Haslab for Heroscape is backed up by Hasbro and their reputation. Unlike some random Kickstarter, that comes with a certain level of assurance and standard and consumer care. I hope this conversation highlights the engine behind this initiative and gives some of you confidence that should it back, you have those elements and teams in place to provide a good experience in the end.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormbrook
take a lesson from Magic and see how they produce things. People want the whole $250 dollar release sets but they release them in sets. I get tooling is expensive. Once you set it up you have your machines set up.
Especially in house machines.
In practice, we can run the terrain tools nonstop in any theme the community desires using the cut steel from this Haslab.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 7th, 2022, 05:30 PM

More changed than expected...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfool
Encarmine I’ll up my order if you could post ullar general logo
Pay up!!! (The rest of you can debate the helmet seam question)

Last edited by Anitar; October 17th, 2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old October 7th, 2022, 09:06 PM

Lore? Lore. Lore.
Quote:
No one leaves Valhalla alive.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnoxx
Quote:
Have you considered that there is more to the creation of a Valkyrie then simply drinking the water? That their ambitions play a role? Shapes them? Shows them a path to their destiny? Enhances their attributes based on their subconscious nature?

Utgar may have simply wanted order? To unite the tribes of Kyrie? That ambition combined with the wellspring brought an “amplification” the visions showed a path to his dreams…

Did Jandar see in those visions the righteousness he longed for, an ability to protect his people?

Thormun was a scholar, longed for knowledge and understanding? A search for answers?
So utgar is a tragic figure? Seems loose
Is he tragic, or does he have exactly what he wants?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnTunnel
Do all the Valkyrie have the same powers?
Why would they? Each seeks something unique.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBubfish
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heropileofgifs
Quote:
Now, let me ask you this? While time may actually be immeasurable on Valhalla, the world and its people can change. Those who drink from the wellsprings continuously… drawing straight from the energies that made our universe. Would they not change? Would their appearance not alter as they continued to go back to that raw source of power over and over? Would they still simply look like Kyrie?
weve already seen like most of the valkyrie
Correction, you saw them at the very onset of the war, when they were only just deemed Valkyrie
The picture of Vydar and description of Einar were, by Thormun's reckoning, five years into the war (just before SotM). So what, has it been going on for non-reliably-measurable centuries now?
You mean back when time was still measurable on Valhalla?
...and you've lost me again
Well, if you are foolish enough to constantly be drawing in elements of other planets through the magical energies of time and dimension… it would reap a terrible price on the planet you are pulling all of the galaxy towards…
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Man, now I really want to know the current appearance of all the Valkyrie
And I guess the status of all the wellsprings
Are all 15 accounted for?
Are they, or does each major wellspring allow the rise of but a single Valkyrie?
Major wellspring? That's new.
If you read deep enough into some of the old lore. There does seem to be places mentioned where the waters are accessible but are not actual wellsprings.
Quote:
Quote:
It's ten, Dire. Ten [wellsprings] are accounted for. Five are not.
Sounds like there is still quite a bit of cartography to reveal…
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnoxx
Alright screw this somebody spend the 2 weeks with no sleep and make the 2 hour lore video for YouTube
The brand bible is up to like 40 pages… the video would be more then 2 hours.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire
I guess I’m not familiar with the lore you are referencing. Why can a Valkyrie not come from that wellspring you mentioned?
The Wellspring of Obsession? Nobody has ever been able to maintain control of it. There's always someone craving it and battling the current occupants. Or sometimes, they're all dead, and the place is unoccupied.

...And it doesn't help that the water itself is fatal for anyone who stays in it too long.
They toy with things they barely understand… such children.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think if there's a greedy, obsessive enough Kyrie, they could mesh with the wellspring of obsession
Like an Orange Lantern
Although... Who's to say that isn't the wellspring that Revna holds?
I mean, she is orange
The Wellspring Of Obsession? No… not Revna

[Volarak's] is obviously in Haukeland
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecna
Are you solely responsible for creating the lore or do you have a LORE Council
Not… really, but sort of?
Ryder Windham who writes for LucasFilm has helped quite a bit. Will Sorbel has written some great stuff. The team at Websters has been awesome, and of course Terry, Avalon Hill’s Principle Narrative Designer. So there are a lot of people contributing in a fantastic way. Lots of ideas.

Last edited by Anitar; October 7th, 2022 at 09:50 PM.
Old October 8th, 2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
Quote:
I would say almost every card is in position to be shared as “final”, or going through a late stage play-testing, at this point to just confirm small nuisances, such as point cost adjustments.
So the images are the finalized ones too?
Of the cards? No. That’s just placeholder graphics.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth26
Quote:
We have more stuff firing through out the time period, so hopefully we can get this through the finish line!
Also, we have heard and recognize some of the places we have fallen short. We are working diligently to make updates ASAP
Can you elaborate in any way?
#1 - more game information. It wasn't quite ready at launch, and that was a mistake not to share. Getting it live is moving through the Hasbro machine now. #2 is clearer communication about Heroscape and terrain...which is in a similar place.
[Insert 3 characters or more here.]
Old October 9th, 2022, 05:28 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Time for some fun for a change.

Encarmine wanted a poll, I gave him a poll.
Go get 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
More changed than expected...
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedfool
Encarmine I’ll up my order if you could post ullar general logo
Pay up!!! (The rest of you can debate the helmet seam question)
Old October 10th, 2022, 03:02 PM

Quote:
You should all go outside and get some fresh air. There are no less then 18 different things in the works right now. Patrick and I have been torturing each other all weekend.
Picture of a compass given directly to TalesOfValhalla. No word on who's depicted in the middle.
Quote:
Quote:
Gives a good hint to what the rulebook might look like.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWhale
He has no less than 18 things, you think [the rulebook] might be 1?
I mean… it is one.

Last edited by Anitar; October 17th, 2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old October 10th, 2022, 09:32 PM

Also featuring a close-up of Marachott, and half of a dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Just posted on BGG, a photo of Misaerx, one of the new Kyrie, noted as "Miscolored" at the "Heroscape Booth" from the NYCC (New York Comic Con):

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/7113...e-annihilation

A first sighting of the actual figure, as opposed to the sketch in the offering!

Last edited by Anitar; October 17th, 2022 at 01:56 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion