Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Have you successfully destroyed the Fortress Door?
Yes, but only once. 23 17.42%
Yes, but only 2 to 3 times. 17 12.88%
Yes, multiple times (4+) 16 12.12%
No, have never destroyed the door, but have tried to. 38 28.79%
No, have never destroyed the door, and never bothered to try 17 12.88%
Haven't played a Fortress game yet... 21 15.91%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 10th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Anyone ever destroy the Fortress Door in battle?...

Pretty much every new map utilizing the fortress that I've seen always includes a "breach" in the walls of some sort to allow the attacker an alternate option for storming the castle, aside from flying or breaking down the door.

I assume this is due in large part to the nigh-invulnerable nature of the fortress door. 10 life, 4 Defense, with auto 2 shields against S/M figs... wow... I can't see how that could be destroyed while you're also having to fend off the defenders counterattacks.

How many here have acutally destroyed the fortress door in battle as the means of breaking into a castle? (within any scenario time limits required)

If you have done so, could you provide a brief report on which units you find most effective, and the tactics used so that you're not overly vulnerable to the Defender's counterattacks while you're pounding on the door?

Thanks!

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 10th, 2006, 09:58 AM

countblah has disabled reputation
it's too bad that the castle door is considered to be a large figure for attacking purposes. If it wasn't, I'll bet the Deathstalkers would do a number on it!

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old November 10th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Broke the door (once) with Krug; for his final bash at the door he had six wound markers.
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:17 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
We couldn't, even with Jotun.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:19 AM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
nope i have never had to attack the castle yet. i heard it was really annoying. Im sure my brother (skater_11) has learned that tho

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
I destroyed a castle door ONCE, with Q9. I kept a solid distance and had Murphy and Marro Warriors near the door waiting to get in. Sure enough once the door was down my opponent had bunched up his troops the ready and attack. I got rid of 5 Roman archers with a shotgun blast, but lost Murphy to a few Arrow Volleys from up high and then the Marro 1 by 1, and later lost the game when I couldn't roll shields for Q9,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by countblah
it's too bad that the castle door is considered to be a large figure for attacking purposes. If it wasn't, I'll bet the Deathstalkers would do a number on it!
The door doesn't have a size classification.
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:34 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
I broke the door once with Q9, but it took me 6 of the 12 Rounds to do so... My girlfriend did better breaking it once in the 4th Round with Jotun. It's definitely a hard piece to destroy...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I had mimring do it once (against me) in 3 turns. Fire line special and lucky rolls works well.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old November 10th, 2006, 10:56 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Not even once. I tried 3 times. At this point, we actually don't even use the door anymore.
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:25 AM

Adam has disabled reputation
i usually set up the maps so there can be 3 playas and i set it up so that one person is farther from the castle but has bridge/road and another person is closer but has snow/ice/lavafields/lava/climbing/ruins/water in the way. the map i most recently set up was a castle on one side with my new snow leading to a part where there was no wall. there was a bridge 10 spaces off the ground leading directly to the castle door. player three won because he trudged through the snow to get to the bak of the castle whereas i TRIED to destroy the door.

so NOPE i never destroyed the door but ive tried

WARDEN 816~~The GRIM RAPERBOT
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:34 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I have never had to break down the door, because the omy opponent had the castle, my opponent was stupid enough to summon crixus right next to his flag. Which I stole, killed everyone in his way, killed the person holding the door, than ran across the ocean to my castle. The sad thing is Dan followed me and when I got one space away from my castle, he killed me with sharpshooter. I just ran someone else out and picked up the flag though.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion