Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Glacier and Ice repaint

The WotC "sand expansion" pictures finally got me motivated to repaint the extra Tundra set I bought last summer (using the 25% off free shipping code).

I used acrylic paints (tubes you can buy at Wal-Mart, etc.) and just mixed colors to get what I wanted.

1) The "rock" glaciers started by getting a base coat of black, then a dark blue wash, and then a light blue wash (try to match the blue of the rock tiles) and then finally a light dry brush with a tan to add a little highlights.

2) The "sand" glaciers started by getting a base coat of dark brown, then a slightly lighter brown wash, and finally a tan/yellow wash. Then a very light "dry brush" with some of the original dark brown base (for a few highlights). And lastly a very very light black wash to tie it all together.

3) The "tar pit" (ice tiles) were done basically the same as the rock "glaciers", except they had an extra black wash/dry brush applied to at the end since the light blue wash made them a little too "blue"

4) The "quick sand" (ice tiles) also were done similar to the "sand" glacier, but also had the extra black wash at the end.

For the tar pits and quicksand, we use the following rules:
When entering a tar pit or quicksand tile, role the 20d, if you role 11-20, continue movement, role a 2-10, end movement, role a 1, end movement and add one wound.

BTW, the figures in the pictures are some of my RotV figure repaints -- see the link in my signature for more on them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles