Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
Ohio NHSD Tourneyupdated 10/19/08 RESULTS AND ARMIES

With Hendal not putting on this year’s event us Ohioans need a place to celebrate. Normally I hold my tourneys at my house. With the turnout that is expected with NHSD that wouldn’t work out so well. So I am interested in seeing who would be attending before I go and reserve the Hall to host it in.

ADDRESS
I would like to thank brownsfan82 to for finding this spot. it was becoming evident that it wasnt a good idea to wait until two months before hand to find a hall. stupid fall weddings........

500 west main street
Amherst OH 44001

The name of the place the tourney will be held is called Grace Baptist Church Community Center. It is located in the back of the church where there is a gym. There is a big sign on the road for the church. It is easy to spot in a podunk town like South Amherst.
its slightly south of the previous locations.

registration and pregaming will open at 11 am and a strict start time of noon.

With the change in Gencon we will be playing with 520 point armies. Starting zones will be 32 hexes for that wonderful swarm feeling, hexes Will be added to the backs of starting zones already designated. No customs, proxies, or Marvel units. I will allow repaints for customs and cool repaints of standards figures. (As long as the physical shape has not been altered or modded.)

There will be no entry fee but we would expect you to bring a Heroscape related prize, Cash to buy some Heroscape, Some groovy custom terrain, or even other games that you would think some scapers would be interested in. It’s my goal to make sure everyone that comes, leaves with a prize.

The doors open at 11:00 am. We will start setting up right then. any help would be greatly appreciated. Registration will last from 11:00am to 11:57am with the first match starting at noon. Each round will be 1 hour long with 10 minutes between each round. A total of 5 rounds will be played.

Scoring Will be520 pts for a victory and whatever you destroyed for losing points. It will include partial scoring for dead squads and wounded Heroes. Example, you only destroy 4 of your opponent’s stingers so you would get 80 losing points. 60 for the full squad and 20 points for the other stinger since 60 divided by 3 is 20. The same logic would be followed for wounded heroes. Example, Eldgrim with 2 wounds on him would net you 20 losing points. Divide his points by total life and add the points per wound. Fractions will be rounded up. Rank will be determined in order by, W/L record, Total losing points, and Strength of schedule. If for some odd reason there is still a tie it will be settled with a 20 sider.

Prizes so far
Whatever shows up from Wizards
A 50 dollar gift certificate from www.housemousegames.com
Agent Skahen (debating whether it’s going to be one signed by craig/bunjee)
Imax Adventure Bag
Imax Dice Tower (provided out of nowhere, dont forget to + rep him!)
8.5 giants pack
Marvelscape master set
ShieldCrusher is putting up a set of His ingenious Trading sized cards( which will be allowed in the Tourney i might ad)

Maps so far

Highways and Dieways X2
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=234

Turret Rocks X3
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=220

Embattled Fen X3
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=134

Fire Isles X3
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=241

Ticalla Sunrise X2
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=606

Mole Hills Jungle Edition X2
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=588

Jungle Swamp Road X2
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=565

Winter Holdout X2
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=335

Hot Heights X2
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=238

Ice Blossom X2
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=283

If your interested, please post in here so I can get a semi head count. Also note if you would have friends or family coming as well.

Interested so far
Killercactus and his lively crew
Snoop Greyjoy
Me and my group (DUH)
Shieldcrusher 4-6(pending work)
Marduk (pending work)
Brownsfan82 +1 - 4
no david no and cough drops
agent minivann +1
Scorpion5 80% committed ( wife and others possible)
MattserTruckRally
Mantrain
weesel99
jacob_jp
cardshark999
Tiberius
royaldoy +3
White dragon master and mom
Utgarsrage + 2
Scorpion5 + up to 4?

simplymenotu + a family of nerds!

Last edited by southwest ninja; October 19th, 2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Gauging interest in NHSD Tourney. outside of Cleveland

psst...all things NHSD are supposed to go in the National Heroscape Day subforum...
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
psst...all things NHSD are supposed to go in the National Heroscape Day subforum...
I wasnt quite sure if people would see it in there since its not looked at as often as the events page itself. I need to gauge interest rather quickly so to know if I should drop the money to reserve it.Sorry if the placement here instead of the subforum offends anyone.
Old August 11th, 2008, 02:43 PM

Snoop Greyjoy has disabled reputation

I promise Ill make it if you reserve a room!

Id love to see some CleveScape action!

Live in the Ohio Valley? Consider Joining OVAH
Snoop dont sow.
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Colorblind Kid

Updated.
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:14 AM

masterofthescape is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I want to. that would be sweet! I hope i can come even though live in AKRON

Winners wear red
Can you take the heat?
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Colorblind Kid

Re: NHSD Tourney. outside of Cleveland updated/Prizes 8/18

updated with prizes so far.
Old August 19th, 2008, 06:25 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

I'm a maybe. Cleveland is a little farther that I would like to go though.

If you and Truth put on a tourney closed to him (west of Toledo) I could get some of the Michigan guys to make that trip for sure.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:29 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

You know I am interested with a friend

Old August 21st, 2008, 12:19 AM

No, David, No is surprisingly tart

If you decide to host it, cough_drops and I will come. I will try to get the other Columbus players to go. That should not be too hard

nDn
Old August 21st, 2008, 03:41 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

A lot of things are still up in the air, but I might be able to make it. I might also bring Junior Agent Minivann (my son), but again a lot of things are up in the air.

I'll be in Findlay, Ohio for the next 2-3 years. I'll be there ahead of the family to get a place to stay. If I don't have something by October I can make it if I can manage a ride. If I have a place for the family and they are there I can drive, but it is within 4 days of our wedding anniversary. Either way I could also be in Indiana with the volleyball team for an away match.
Old August 21st, 2008, 08:16 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

You know I'm coming, and I'll bring as many people as I can. I'll be putting up either a Skahen, SotM Master Set or a Castle Set as my prize. Any word on the time limit of the matches? I'm sure that will determine whether or not Mechabeast plays zombies....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day