Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 9th, 2015, 05:39 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Initial Playtesting Phase)

For army tests I guess to maximize their effectiveness is there a figure that can boost the attack of a common human that is not a citizen or d20 booster that works for them.

I'm sure I am way overthinking this thing but hey that's what I do when I'm new at something.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 9th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Does Sage still boost the D20s of all figures? If so, she'd do the latter. So would Doctor Fate or Brainiac with a Legionnaire, but neither is as elegant.

Bane and Hasbro Cap can boost adjacent figure attacks and defense. Stryker benefits from them, but doesn't give them any benefits.

Anarky and J. Jonah Jameson are only helpful for Citizens. A quick stroll through the Google Index didn't come up with anything useful in terms of Human-based synergy. Everything was either too narrow or a detriment (like Wonder Man).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 9th, 2015, 09:19 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
For army tests I guess to maximize their effectiveness is there a figure that can boost the attack of a common human that is not a citizen or d20 booster that works for them.

I'm sure I am way overthinking this thing but hey that's what I do when I'm new at something.
Vertigo?

~Dysole, who thinks she is one of the more underrated C3G figures
Old September 9th, 2015, 10:41 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:

Vertigo?

~Dysole, who thinks she is one of the more underrated C3G figures
Wow...that's a good one. I would have never thought of that. I was trying to boost attacks and didn't think to instead reduce defense.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 10th, 2015, 03:35 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Does Sage still boost the D20s of all figures? If so, she'd do the latter.
I believe we made it so that she only boosts Mutants and Telepaths.
Old September 10th, 2015, 04:01 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
No, the d20 power still works for everyone. It was only the OM management that was changed to work only for Mutants & Telepaths.
Old September 10th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Quote:
No, the d20 power still works for everyone. It was only the OM management that was changed to work only for Mutants & Telepaths.
Ah that's right. Thanks for the clarification
Old September 11th, 2015, 04:42 PM
A Man of Taste

Re: M.R.D. Trooper (Design Phase)

Third Times a charm here...

Quote:
Quote:
For the rules lawyers out there how does this "at the end of the round" interact with Healing Factor X.

Quote:
[*]Q - Which occurs first, rolling for Lava Field Damage at the end of the round, or Healing Factor X at the end of the round? [*]A - It isn't really cut and dried which comes first. Though I would lean towards Healing Factor X coming first because it is a special power that extends the round, the rule book says that when 2 or more powers occur at the same time, you should roll the D20 to see which one should go first. Also, that could be fun letting chance decide the outcome.
My interpretation is that the healing factor X wouldn't activate for any figure that was negated but I couldn't find the question asked for the Glyph of Neutralizer.
I never read any responses to this and was still curious as I thought a Wolverine vs a bunch of these guys would be a good test. If he gets wounded he can start hacking and slashing but if he gets negated they may be able to take him down before he can heal.

Old September 11th, 2015, 07:33 PM
A Man of Taste

OK this is frustrating. I had 3 test done and I got the blue screen of death. So far they are 2 for 3 with only one M.R.D. remaining each time and the loss was vs Iceman who only had 1 life remaining. Managed to grab these notes from the cache but lost the rest. I won't have time to redo this until later so I'll post this one for feedback of my format.

The two wins were Firestar and Jean Grey. The only time AMT hit was against Jean Grey which was on first turn of Round 2 which contributed a lot to the win since she couldn't toss these guys out of range so they were getting a lot of 4 activation turns.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes
- What should be the unit's point value? 30
- Give a brief overview. At one point in the game I contemplated backing off and forcing Iceman to come to me when he gained the top of the lab but the aggressiveness of wanting to get four Troopers into the action took over and I went for it. This one had some tension that was fun.
Map: Swamp Lab
Units: M.R.D. Trooper x5 (30x5=150) VS Iceman(150)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by japes; September 11th, 2015 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Filled in Power Names per post below.
Old September 11th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw, for your question above, I'd say on the surface it seems like a classic D20 roll to see which one goes into effect first situation. If Forge's player rolls higher, the marker gets taken off first. However, what would Wolverine's player do if they rolled higher? The power they would use would be negated, so it wouldn't actually trigger at the end of the round at all.

Here's what I'm thinking: since multiple powers can trigger at the end of the round, the round isn't over until all the powers that will trigger do. While Wolverine's power is negated, it can't trigger. There's nothing to trigger. But the neutralizer power isn't negated, so it can trigger. So it'll trigger at the end of the round before anything happens with Wolverine's card (there's nothing to happen while he's negated). But when the neutralizer power triggers and removes the marker, suddenly Wolverine does have a power that triggers. And since it's the end of the round, it triggers right away.

That's a long winded way of saying I think the neutralizer power would always trigger first, and Wolverine could still use the X to heal. That's how I read it at least. Tricky one for sure.

Edit: The formatting of the report looks good to me, but it'd be great if you could fill in the power titles for power #1 and power #2 for easier referencing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 12th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I feel your pain japes. The same thing happened to me in my early playtest days. I believe it was the first time I did not take hand written notes.

Sounds like you are on the right track with very close matches.

Nothing to add to Bats' analysis. Logic seems solid.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 12th, 2015, 02:21 PM
A Man of Taste

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. At one point in the game I contemplated backing off and forcing Iceman to come to me when he gained the top of the lab but the aggressiveness of wanting to get four Troopers into the action took over and I went for it. This one had some tension that was fun.
Units: M.R.D. Trooper x5 (30x5=150) VS Iceman(150)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. I really thought Firestar was going to pull this out but she got too over confident. This really came down to the final round initiative. If Firestar would have won initiative she would have won. Ironically if she had won and would have been attacking it would have been the same number of dice being rolled for each and then it would have been 4 of 4 for her vs 2 of 4 for MRD A and she wins.
Units: M.R.D. Trooper x4 (30x4=120) VS Firestar(120)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Give a brief overview. It didn't seem like the MRD had a shot here for awhile with the high defence of Quicksilver but the swarm of multiple attacks eventually made a dent. Ultimately the late strategy of Quicksilver attacking and retreating to high ground to roll 8 defense dice paided off. AMT actually came into play and made a difference in getting some high ground for the troopers.
Units: M.R.D. Trooper x7 (30x7=210) VS Quicksilver (215)
Spoiler Alert!

including the first two lost reports they are 3 and 2 with all matches coming down to 1 wound left on the winning side. The last battle with Quicksilver didn't seem as fun for the MRD's as the high defense and non power-powers of the speedster gave him advantages. Technically his power is his 9 move and 7 defense but since they are not tied to a power they don't get negated. If Flash would have been a Mutant this is a different game because Speed Dodge getting negated and having a lower defense would have crushed him. This makes me rethink some things on some sanctum designs being discussed. I'll get to army test later.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library