Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old July 11th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of S.W.A.T. Rifleman - design phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Cool. I'd love to still see some plain old [redacted] using that write up from GP, though. Would we still have a mini we could use for that?

Would Synchronized Assault work with both common heroes and common squad figures? If so, this might read more clearly:

SYNCRONIZED ASSAULT
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with a S.W.A.T. Assaulter, if a S.W.A.T. Assaulter you control moved into engagement with an opponent's figure this turn, you may attack with one other Common Lawman figure you control.

Or is it meant to be all common figures??
It was meant as one other common lawman figure like you said. I get confused sometimes when "any" means just one or when it means all.

Well I don't know if we have any other figure to use as plain old [redacted], so if people would rather go in that direction using the SWAT figure, then we could do that but not call them [redacted] because that would be kind of wrong thematically. They could be just [redacted] and use GP's write-up, but they'd have to be squad figures because a shield wall is pretty useless if you don't have these guys next to each other and the only way to have them stay next to each other is to keep dumping OM's on them and that's about as fun as watching paint dry.

I'd be fine either way I guess. Having all three SWAT figures as individual SWAT common heroes, or just the SWAT Rifleman and SWAT Weapons Expert being common heroes and having [redacted] be a squad of the other SWAT figures.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
It was meant as one other common lawman figure like you said. I get confused sometimes when "any" means just one or when it means all.
Yeah, it's tricky, because it usually can be read both ways. Which is why it's a good idea to work around it when possible, like in my suggested text there.

Quote:
[redacted]
I think some [redacted] would work well with what I have for Captain Gordon and he could keep them together pretty well without their needing many OMs. That said, I believe there's a Metropolis SCU figure or something out there that might work as a [redacted] as well.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I agree that your Gordon will work great for the [redacted] and it totally makes sense with [redacted], that will be awesome to have him move a mass of [redacted] around.

We'll have to look for those SCU figures for sure.

Actually, I think - [redacted] would work for [redacted], and they'd be DC too.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:36 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh, so perfect. Yes, lets save any [redacted] for that.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
[redacted]
Just glad to see the SWAT getting some love. I'm sure whatever happens with them they'll turn out great.
Good to see you GP. Figured you'd like to see the SWAT get done.

I see how that option would help them in forming a [redacted] GP, but themewise it doesn't seem right to me to have these highly trained assault type troops for the police be relegated to crowd control duty. These guys bust into a building and get the bad guys or rescue hostages etc. Unfortunately it's a bad mini representation to call it a SWAT Officer and then have him have a billy club and [redacted]. The billy club makes him look more like [redacted] but that's not what SWAT does, not to mention a [redacted] control officer isn't going to be wearing an assault rifle slung over his back, where an aggressive [redacted] can grab it and use it.

To me, especially after going on a field trip to the local police department and seeing/holding a "hot entry" [redacted] that they use for charging first into a dangerous building, I feel that these [redacted] figures should be used in a different manner if they are going to be considered SWAT units.

Fortunately, there is the [redacted] figure that will be perfect for the [redacted].

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Oh, so perfect. Yes, lets save any [redacted] for that.
See brother, I got your back. I wouldn't leave you in the lurch without some awesome [redacted] for Captain Gordon to lead through the streets of Gotham.

I remember seeing that figure in Johnny's Upcoming Clix thread and was worried (at the time) that they would take the place of the SWAT [redacted] because they look so cool. But remembering them as being available down the road made me think that changing the SWAT [redacted] would be doable.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old July 12th, 2012, 09:38 AM

Yep. Good call for sure. I might have to put those on my draft list for when that mini comes out and steal GP's design.

Man ... the spoilers in this thread are going to be tough on poor Scapey!

Old July 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Yep. Good call for sure. I might have to put those on my draft list for when that mini comes out and steal GP's design.

Man ... the spoilers in this thread are going to be tough on poor Scapey!
Draft away for sure and use GP's design. I wonder if I should remove Counterstrike from the Assaulters. But we can discuss that further when I do them.

Lots of spoilers, but some of these are coming out together, so shouldn't be too bad. Not to mention it will be a while before they are released. I think it was important however to bring these other units into the picture so that we can have some unified direction and not go mismash and half ass with this faction.

Old July 12th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Definitely. Full-assed is the C3G way!

Old July 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
To me, especially after going on a field trip to the local police department and seeing/holding a "hot entry" [redacted] that they use for charging first into a dangerous building, I feel that these [redacted] figures should be used in a different manner if they are going to be considered SWAT units.
Cool. It looks like you've got this sorted out. There were two different lawman roles getting blended before. Regular [redacted] and SWAT trained ones you mention in the quote. With two distinct minis you can have your cake and eat it too. That's one of the things I've always liked about your designs Hahma is the research and attention to detail with theme/powers.

Carry on.

Last edited by IAmBatman; June 30th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

ERB from David:

Quote:
S.W.A.T. Rifleman

More lawmen for Commissioner Gordon!

The Assault Rifle is already vetted, and I don't see any issues with the stats.

I think it's perfectly fine to have supporting units and to use existing abilities where appropriate. I've always admired C3G's maturity in developing a wide range of designs across a vast point cost spread. It keeps power creep in check.

So while I agree this design is more relaxed than others, it definitely isn't boring due to what it'll add to the lawmen faction.

Old July 13th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

ERB from 1Mmirg:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
Hey guys, I'm taking it down a notch in the exciting/dynamic designs for a bit. Here's a nice calm and relaxed design for you to peruse at your convenience.

Thanks in advance

Hahma

Quote:
NAME = S.W.A.T. RIFLEMAN
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = LAWMAN [excellent]
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 30

ASSAULT RIFLE
When a S.W.A.T. Rifleman attacks with his normal attack, he may attack two additional times. Roll 1 less attack die for each subsequent attack.
Yeah, I'd say that's perfect. Very simple, lots of fun.

Hope to see a few more small boosts for Lawmen in the C3G. Would be great to see. Thanks for sharing your work! Best, V

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library