Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 7th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Ever since I started using Zomoxtrin, I haven't needed the thrill of board gaming ....
Look at you being all into Plaid Hat Games Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game.

Looks to be pretty cool. I may have to check it out when it comes out.

Edit: Finally got my Kickstarter game Coup. Can't wait to give it a spin. The art on the cards is pretty sweet!
Wish I had a bit more scratch right now - that preorder price for DoW looks pretty meaty! I've heard very good stuff about this game from the and the sponge himself

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Ever since I started using Zomoxtrin, I haven't needed the thrill of board gaming ....
Look at you being all into Plaid Hat Games Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game.

Looks to be pretty cool. I may have to check it out when it comes out.

Edit: Finally got my Kickstarter game Coup. Can't wait to give it a spin. The art on the cards is pretty sweet!
Wish I had a bit more scratch right now - that preorder price for DoW looks pretty meaty! I've heard very good stuff about this game from the and the sponge himself
Well the thing is I think the expected time to receive those pre-orders is like 3-5 months. So you will have time to save some coin for that and other games when it does get released.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 8th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good point. Something to look forward to next year, then.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well a relative who is visiting bought me Pandemic! So I'll probably play that tonight.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

No question in my mind that Dead of Winter and SeaFall are my most anticipated releases. PHG looks to have two games that perfectly fit my style and loves within board games. Can't wait!

--

Been playing Ascension as well as some smaller games (my boys have been wanting to play lighter games: Jenga, UNO Stacko, Pick a Polar Bear, Loopin' Louie, etc.). Plus we just haven't had time for big games--so much going on.

Hoping this week to get Nothing Personal back to the table. Really enjoyed that first play!
Old December 9th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys! I noticed some of u also playing the cardgame of Pathfinder. I have a very big question to ask: The main way to lose a game scenario is when the timer runs out and the big boss villian is still not cornered. The timer is made up of the blessings deck. Alot of them are repeats, especially the Blessing of the Gods. When one blessing turns up the same as the previous, you get to refresh it, meaning you put back that card to the bottom of the timer deck. So what if I end up with the last few cards all being Blessing of the Gods? Does that mean I will never lose?? The timer permanently refreshes!

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?
Old December 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer999 View Post
Hey guys! I noticed some of u also playing the cardgame of Pathfinder. I have a very big question to ask: The main way to lose a game scenario is when the timer runs out and the big boss villian is still not cornered. The timer is made up of the blessings deck. Alot of them are repeats, especially the Blessing of the Gods. When one blessing turns up the same as the previous, you get to refresh it, meaning you put back that card to the bottom of the timer deck. So what if I end up with the last few cards all being Blessing of the Gods? Does that mean I will never lose?? The timer permanently refreshes!
Are you sure about that rule? Matthias and I have gone through every scenario and have never used that rule, and a few times it would have definitely been handy.

I believe the rule you are referring to has to do with blessings in your hand NOT the blessing deck itself. So if the blessing you drew to start your turn from the blessings deck matches a blessing in your hand and you want to use the one in your hand during your turn you can recharge the one used from your hand back into your deck.

- Raider30
Old December 9th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Raider30 is correct. I think it was even mentioned in the faq because the way it's worded in the rulebook is a bit misleading.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old December 9th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The blessings aren't really "played" from the timer deck, consequently they can not be refreshed. You can copy them with a BoG from your hand, but you still discard it. There are only a few things that turn back the clock. I know there is a candle item and a spell which allow you to shuffle in some of the discarded blessings of the timer deck back into the timer deck. Nice try though.
Old December 9th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
There is no such rule.

If you play a Blessings of the Gods card from your hand, you can use it to copy the last card revealed on the timer deck though.

Old December 10th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Just got home from game night and played a couple different games.

There was a 7 player Battlestar Gallactica game just getting started when I got there at 6. One guy not playing in that game offered to teach me Android Netrunner since he's only gotten to play it a handful of times and since there were only 2 of us (at the moment) there not playing BSG, 7it made it work out to give this a go. I'd been curious about the all the buzz about the game since it came out at GenCon12, but hadn't gotten to try it.

I won't go into much detail, but I was the runners and was able to make a couple direct attacks to my opponent's hand early and he happened to have Agenda cards both times that I was lucky enough to randomly choose to get me 3 early points. Then he got 2 and 1 point agendas. He had to lose one agenda for some reason so he was down to 2 (game goes to first one to get 7 agenda points). I was able to go through a mainframe to get another 3 points with a 3 point agenda card and finally another attack on his hand to take a 4 point agenda to put me over 7.

I actually really liked the game. There is a funky terminology thing where they call the same things for each side different things. So your "hand" is called a Grip for the Runners and it's called HQ or something for the Corporation etc. Makes it confusing for new players but adds to the theme. Neat abstractness in that each side plays differently, but there are balances built in to the two different sides as well.

Then after BSG finished up and some more people showed up and more left, others started a different game while I broke out my recent new Kickstarter game called Coup. We played 5 games with 4 of us and it was really fun. I'm not really good at it yet, as I'm not a poker player and part of this game is being good at bluffing or being able to read people. It's not really necessary, but it's a handy skill since people can either tell the truth about a role they have to allow them to take and action, or they can lie/bluff. But there are challenges that can cost bluffers one of their 2 cards, or likewise cost the challenger a card if the bluffer was really telling the truth. Also there are counters that people can do to block actions. Again, they can bluff or tell the truth that they have a card with the character that allow that action. Again, it can get challenged and people can lose cards. Last person left with a card is the winner. Each game only takes like 15 minutes, and it's nice filler that can be played just once in between other games or whatever, or you can play several games in a row. Once you play a game, you kind of want to play again and again to try other stuff. Pretty cool game.

Old December 10th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Online HS Seasons 5 & 9 Champion

Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby! Wanderer999 rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks folks for the clarifications! I KNEW something was strange about the timer thingy! So basically the refresh text on the blessing cards is NOT meant for the timer purpose, but rather during a specific player's turn and the player redraws cards at the end of his/her turn to get his hand back to the correct size, he may choose to use a blessing immediately and recharge it back into his character deck! But then again, doesn't this mean he will use his blessing only at the end of the turn? (Which is kinda pointless)

Life is short, make a deep impact before you leave. The only question at the end of the day is - Was the world a better place for having had you?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games