Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old June 13th, 2023, 05:13 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Age of Annihilation-Inclusive Tier List

Tier lists exist for both classic Heroscape and inclusive of C3V/SOV units. These tier lists evoke discussions of the units' abilities and place within the meta and help newer players build armies. With an AoA event at the inaugural Hexicon and the upcoming ScapeCon, a tier list for the 30 officially released Age of Annihilation cards will be a useful tool for new and veteran players alike who plan to play in these events moving forward.

The rankings are below. It's my belief that an S Tier adds more depth to the letter grade power rankings and allows for more subtlety among the top ranks. The rankings don't consider any customs or a unit's "potential" had AoA been released. I have marked the AoA units in a with their general colors to easily pick out the new units. Explanations for their rankings are in the spoiler.

S

Deathreavers
Major Q9
Marro Warriors
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV)

A+

4th Massachusetts Line
10th Regiment of Foot
Frostclaw Paladins
Grimnak
Heavy Gruts
Isamu
Knight Primus Adelbern
Knights of Weston
Nilfheim
Sir Gilbert

A

Admiral EJ-1M
Airborne Elite
Axegrinders of Burning Forge
Blastatrons
Braxas
Crimson Widow
Darrak Ambershard
Death Chasers of Thesk
Dreadnaughts of New Tortuga
Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler
Gladiatrons
Izumi Samurai
Kaemon Awa
Krav Maga Agents
Major Q10
Marcu Esenwein
Marro Stingers
Me-Burq-Sa
Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider
Thyraxis Dragoon

A-

Agent Skahen
Alastair MacDirk
Arrow Gruts
Crixus
Cyprien Esenwein
Eldgrim
Eltahale
Fen Hydra
Festering Honor Guard
Finn the Viking Champion
Fire Elemental
Greenscale Warriors
Iron Lich Viscerot
Kurrok the Elementalist
Kyntela Gwyn
Laglor
Marrden Nagrubs
Mimring
Mogrimm Forgehammer
Phantom Knights
Queen Maladrix the Conqueror
Scavorinth Lord of Ruin

Tarn Viking Warriors
Zetacron

B+

Blade Gruts
Black Wyrmling
Charos
Concan the Kyrie Warrior
Guilty McCreech
Hellforge Mandukor
Ice Troll Berserker
Imperator Kayne
James Murphy
Johnny "Shotgun" Sullivan
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Marro Dividers
Migol Ironwill
Mohican River Tribe
Nakita Agents
Necrotech Wraithraiders
Ne-Gok-Sa
Ogre Warhulk
Ordo Borealis
Roman Legionnaires
Sacred Band
Sgt. Drake Alexander (SotM)
Sonya Esenwein
Swog Rider
Tandros Kreel
Theracus
Thorgrim the Viking Warrior
Tor-Kul-Na
Venoc Vipers
Venoc Warlord

B

Air Elemental
Arkmer
Ashigaru Harquebus
Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior
Capuan Gladiators
Cornelius Breech the Blackguard Prince
First Officer Bok-Bur-Na

Frost Giant of Morh
Fyorlag Spiders
Goblin Cutters
Horned Skull Brutes
Knight Adjuctor Oberon
Marrden Hounds
Marro Drones
Minions of Utgar
Mezzodemon Warmongers
Moltenclaw
Ogre Pulverizer
Ornak
Red Wyrmling
Samuel Brown
Syvarris
Spartacus
Valguard
Vorid Burrowbreaker
Wing Commander Tuck Harrigan

Wyvern
Zelrig
Zombies of Morindan

B-

Ana Karithon
Anubian Wolves
Aubrien Archers
Brunak
Drow Chainfighter
Fia Bonny the Void Siren
Halushia Scion of the Wild
Iron Golem
Jordawn
MacDirk Warriors
Microcorp Agents
Othkurik the Black Dragon
Protectors of Ullar
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (SotM)
Rhogar Dragonspine
Seige
Sentinels of Jandar
Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV)
Shurrak
Sir Hawthorne
Sonlen
Su-Bak-Na
Sujoah
Tagawa Samurai
Ulginesh
Werewolf Lord
Wolves of Badru
Xenithrax the Soulweaver

C+

Agent Carr
Chardris
Death Knights of Valkrill
Deathstalkers
Deathwalker 8000
Earth Elemental
Emiroon
Evar Scarcarver
Granite Guardians
Jotun
Kato Katsuro
Killian Vane III
Knaves of the Silver Scimitar
Kumiko
Marachott the Mind Whisperer
Master Win Chiu Woo
Mind Flayer Mastermind
Ninjas of the Northern Wind
Omnicron Repulsors
Otonashi
Parmenio
Retiarius
Shaolin Monks
Sir Denrick
Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
Tagawa Samurai Archers
Warden 816
Warriors of Ashra
White Wyrmling

C

Armoc Vipers
Brandis Skyhunter
Blue Wyrmling
Chana the Zenithwing
Deepwyrm Drow
Exiles of the Sundered Sea
Feral Troll
Gorillinators
Kee-Mo-Shi
Kelda the Kyrie Warrior
Kozuke Samurai
Marro Hive
Master of the Hunt
Morsbane
Omnicron Snipers
Quasatch Hunters
Raakchott Desecrator of Death
Torin

C-

Ashigaru Yari
Dumutef Guard
Dzu-Teh
Einar Imperium
Elite Onyx Vipers
Empress Kiova
Estivara
Greater Ice Elemental
Iskra Esenwein
Khosumet the Darklord
Marro Drudge
Roman Archers
Rechets of Bogdan
Shades of Bleakwoode
Sharwin Wildeborn
Tul-Bak-Ra
Zettian Guards

D

Deathwalker 9000
Deadeye Dan
Dünd
Erevan Sunshadow
Grok Riders
Gurei-Oni
Kita the Springrunner
Mika Connour
Moriko
Obsidian Guards
Pelloth
Runa
Saylind
Shiori
Sir Dupuis
Sudema
Templar Cavalry
Wo-Sa-Ga

F

Acolarh
Deathwalker 7000
Hatamoto Taro
Major X17
Sahaugin Raider

Rankings with commentary:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by ryguy266; August 29th, 2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old June 13th, 2023, 05:14 PM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation-Inclusive Tier List

Reserved to track changes

Changes 8/29/2023 (Post ScapeCon III)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by ryguy266; August 29th, 2023 at 03:17 PM. Reason: ScapeCon III Results
Old August 6th, 2023, 03:14 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the fact that you made this list. Since I have often found these very helpful (and often entertaining), I will be including your ranking commentary in the AoA books I create.
Old August 6th, 2023, 04:21 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
AoA Thoughts

Having an S tier threw me a little bit seeing the A+ stuff where you have it but I'll try to adjust with how I think you're roughly dividing things up.

Frostclaw Paladins - I think you have them a bit too high. 3 move is really painful and if you bump them up to 6 move they only have 1 or 2 attack. That's not really going to be that helpful against masses of common squads. They're good but I don't think they're this level of good.

Knight Primus Adelbern - Yeah, he's super good. Agree.

Crimson Widow - Also very good. Agree.

Admiral EJ-1M - 3 life 6 defense for 170 points worries me but he's an amazing stabilizer for the Pirates. Probably put him at A- or B+ though because that lifense combo worries me.

Dreadnauts of New Tortuga - I don't know if I think they're the best pirate squad but they are really good. A bit better against heroes than squads (except the two lifers) which makes me want to downgrade them a touch but I think this is fine. I'd probably put them in the next lower tier though if I was making the rankings.

Thyraxis Dragoon - Yeah this figure is a pain and worth every one of those 195 points. Agree.

Festering Honor Guard - There's a number of armies these things can wreck. I agree with this placement.

Iron Lich Viscerot - I think this is a bit too high. Can output a lot of damage yeah but will also get wrecked in return by squads. I think the Lich is B tier until there's a whole cadre of Eisenek in the game

Queen Maladrix the Conqueror - Probably correct since I'm far more worried about her damage output than I am the Lich's

Scavorith, Lord of Ruin - I strongly disagree. This figure is so easy to tie up so that the extra turn does almost nothing. This is a C figure as far as I'm concerned.

Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler - Dude is legit really good and I think he belongs in the A tier. Agree he's a bit better with the Dwarves but I think he makes an excellent pirate addition.

Hellforge Mandukor - Auto wounds are really strong. This probably loses a dedicated fight against common squads but this is just an absolute bane for anything with high defense or defensive special abilities. Probably agree but I'm tempted to think it's a low A.

Imperator Kayne - Only getting to stomp once per turn and no healing really hurts compared to TKN. Ranged attack is nice but I think this is a lower B even with the bonding.

Necrotech Wraithraiders - These things are arguably better than the Lich so I guess I'd put the Lich in the tier below these things.

Ordo Borealis - If you can get them into position great. I'm just wondering how easy that is. Until I see solid performances with them I'd knock them down to low B tier.

Cornelius Breech the Derelict Prince - I don't understand why you would want to attack your own figures with Cornelius in the army. Dude is a solid beatstick and First Assault giving him a reason to play disengage games is fun. He's probably B- but I can't disagree too much with this placement.

First Officer Bok-Bur-Na - He can do some stuff but I'm not sure it's enough to threaten common squads more than any other double attackers. The debuff is neat. I think that alone might be worth the bump up to B+ but this is fine since it's uncertain how hard that will be to use.

Knight Adjuctor Oberon - Hate that this figure has a name that means King of the Fairies. He's decent. I'd probably put him in B-

Vorid Burrowbreaker - Yeah agree. Solid figure that you won't hate having but isn't amazing.

Wing Commander Tuck Harrigan - Being able to drop on height is pretty neat and having more control over it than you do with Airborne. Again solid but not amazing. Basically agree.

Fia Bonny the Void Siren - She feels like a figure that you keep back until the board is cleared out. I can agree with this ranking.

Halushia Scion of the Wild - I feel like without all the familiars revealed I can't really rank this figure.

Xenithrax the Soulweaver - Special is honestly solid. 5 range 4 attack with potential for more. Heck you can probably use your own figures to bridge gaps. Even if your opponents don't bunch up you can do some real annoying things. Xen is probably B or B+. The vines can also make things real nasty to play around.

Killian Vane III - Probably one of the weakest pirates yeah but bonding with a special attack is still really solid. Would probably put him at B-

Knaves of the Silver Scimitar - 4 figure squad is good. They're a bit spendier than I like but I think they could pull their weight if they're like the second wave after other pirates have engaged with things. Still probably about where I would put them.

Marachott the Mind Whisperer - Without seeing all familiars don't really feel like I can rank.

Chana the Zenithwing - Need to see all the familiars.

Exiles of the Sundered Sea - I honestly think they are better than the Knaves because Stealthy and the Pistols mean you just put one Order Marker on them for 3 rounds and try to kill as much as you can from range and I think that's much more likely to work than trying to play First Assault games with the Knaves. I'd put them at B-

Raakchott Desecrator of Death - Can't judge without all the familiars.

Kita the Springrunner - This isn't good but it's 30 points which means I don't expect much. I don't think it's D level. Need to see all familiars thought to be sure.

~Dysole, waiting to see the whole set for final thoughts
Old August 6th, 2023, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
I love the fact that you made this list. Since I have often found these very helpful (and often entertaining), I will be including your ranking commentary in the AoA books I create.
Hey, glad these were helpful! With the recent news of the reboot-reboot, these will probably change, but they are a great start to making the books feel fleshed out!
Old August 6th, 2023, 07:37 PM

Re: AoA Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Having an S tier threw me a little bit seeing the A+ stuff where you have it but I'll try to adjust with how I think you're roughly dividing things up.
Thanks for putting this together, Dysole. This is great feedback. Glad to see we agree on most things. As I just mentioned above, these rankings may change with the Renegade relaunch, especially since full factions will probably (almost certainly) change things on their own, and actually getting to see lots of players use these in a competitive setting will probably slightly adjust the rest.

As for the few points we disagree, here's my rebuttal:

Iron Lich--Anyone can get memed by 4th Mass. I don't think he "gets wrecked" by tons of squaddies any more than the other A- tier heroes with their full synergy. He's definitely a float between B+ and A- though.

Scavorinth--This is the one we disagree on the most. The Eisenek faction's ability to obliterate any frontward position is devastating. And you don't really tie up a 7 life, 4 defense figure--he ties you up. He'll stay at A- for now until I can be convinced that the sheer dice output isn't worth the cost.

Dorim--I agree with you on this. I think I underestimated him with pirates. When the next update on these rolls around, he will probably get bumped up a tier.

Killian--I probably picked on him a bit too much, and he might end up being a useful utility figure in certain formats. We'll keep an eye on him.

Your feedback on every figure is appreciated, whether it is in agreement or not, and especially where you have suggested a very small change. Those are the most interesting discussions and I'm looking forward to taking care of this tierlist with the future of Heroscape in mind. I'm hoping this can be a great place in the forum moving forward, and you've done a great job jump-starting that!
Old August 29th, 2023, 03:24 PM

Updated with ScapeCon results. I currently have my eye on the Admiral, Viscerot, and Ordo Borealis, but until more events arise I won't be able to draw too many conclusions from the Age of Rebirth event. In a year's time there will be a deluge of games to draw on to lock in the rankings as players smarter than I utilize the units. In the meantime, Dorim got a big kick up to match the Axegrinders' ranking.

Last edited by ryguy266; September 7th, 2023 at 12:43 PM.
Old September 6th, 2023, 03:49 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I also went ahead and updated the AoA books I'm curating with your rankings, and subbed to the thread to keep an eye out for changes. Thanks for the hard work!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion