Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
HellboyScape - Hellboy Universe cards for HeroScape

Saved for indexing to cards - work in progress...

B.P.R.D.
Hellboy - B.P.R.D. Field Agent
Abe Sapien - B.P.R.D. Field Agent
Liz Sherman - B.P.R.D. Field Agent
Tom Manning - Director of the B.P.R.D.
Kate Corrigan - Special Liaison for 'Enhanced Talents' Agents
Bud Waller - B.P.R.D. Field Agent
Johann Kraus - B.P.R.D. Field Agent
Ben Daimio - Field Team Commander
Clean-Up Crewman - B.P.R.D. support staff

Allies of the B.P.R.D.
Lobster Johnson - 1930s Crime Fighter

Project RagnaRok

[url=http://linktoyourthread.com]Yourname's Custom Thread[-/url]

Last edited by streaky2007; October 3rd, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HellboyScape - Hellboy Universe cards for HeroScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
I sure would like to see Hellboy-for-Heroscape pick up again and would love to see Streaky start a thread with new stuff and a link back to Garada's stuff.

HellboyScape Wave 1: BPRD Back-Up

AGENTS AND ALLIES

Tom Manning
Spoiler Alert!

Bio:From the Hellboy comics, films and animated films - http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas_Manning

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Freakshow set. Its model number and name are #046-048 / Officer 7 or 13 or Friendly.

Notes: slightly less bald than in the comics, but otherwise a great figure

Kate Corrigan
Spoiler Alert!

Bio:From the Hellboy comics and animated films - http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Kate_Corrigan

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set. Its model number and name are #073-075 / Abbey Chase.

Notes: the midriff showing isn’t right, and she nearly always wears a jacket, but the hair is just right and the leggings work fine. I thought about making a custom mod with another Liz Sherman, but I couldn’t find a spare. I think the figure still works really well.

Bud Waller
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: From Hellboy: Wake the Devil - http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Bud_Waller

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Base set. Its model number and name are #082 / Field Agent.

Notes: Allegedly a black guy, but the colouring in the comics are so subtle it was really hard to tell. Besides if Nick Fury can be black, Bud Waller can be white. Figure too awesome to pass up.

Father Edward Kelly
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: From the Hellboy story The Wolves of St. August - http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wo...f_Saint_August

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Base set. Its model number and name are #061 / Faith Priest.

Notes: Father Kelly is grey-haired in the comic, but Hellboy worked with him in his younger days, so that works out OK.

Jack
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: I totally made this one up – I felt like the BPRD needed a mascot. I bet Hellboy and Roger would have loved him. I wanted a proper strong name for him rather than something silly, so I named him after my granddad.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Brave & the Bold set. Its model number and name are #025 / Goodness and Mercy.

Notes: This is a double figure you’ll need to rebase – maybe the ugly woman will be useful elsewhere.

OUTSIDE HELP
All the figures in this pack have the same naming convention. The first name is from a member of my family, and the surname is from one of my childhood heroes.

Esther Garver
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: This character is a federal agent who also works for the BPRD. Her ancient, powerful amulet has got her out of quite a few sticky situations. Esther is my daughter and Garver is taken from the actress who voiced Firestar in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set. Its model number and name are #001-003 / DEO Agent.

Leah Harrison
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: By clearing the way and scouting the terrain, Leah can make it easier for her colleagues to move around. Her archaeological studies also help when facing supernatural threats. Leah is my other daughter and Harrison is taken from Harrison Ford of Han Solo and Indiana Jones fame.

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Lab set. Its model number and name are #073-075 / Archaeologist.

Isaac Benedict
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: A former preacher who now takes a more hands-on approach to the forces of evil, Isaac carries the prototype of Hellboy’s Samaritan gun. The Blade of St. August takes its name from The Wolves of St. August Hellboy story. Isaac is my little boy and Benedict is taken from Dirk Benedict who played the original Starbuck in Battlestar Galactica and Face in The A-Team.

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Freakshow set. Its model number and name are #094 / Templar.

Sir Peter Reeve
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Sir Peter was already a top hunter before he knew of the BPRD’s existence. His precision shooting saved many agents when he unwittingly helped them with one of their cases. He continues to help the Bureau from time to time. Peter is my father and Reeve is taken from Christopher Reeve – the greatest Superman of all-time.

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Freakshow set. Its model number and name are #086 / Tracker.

Rev. James Connery
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: A man blessed by God with great power, James can be a devastating force against evil when he’s walking in God’s plan. James was my brother and Connery is taken from Sean Connery who was the best James Bond and Indiana Jones’ dad.

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Base set. Its model number and name are #096 / Bishop Luzifer.

FORCES OF LIGHT AND DARK

Clean-Up Crewman
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Based on the crew who appear in one of the Hellboy animated films.

The figure used for this unit is a HorrorClix figure from the Base set. Its model number and name are #016-017 / Scrubber.

Dire Wolf
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Wolves feature in loads of Hellboy stories.

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Base set. Its model number and name are #019 or #021 / Dire Wolf.

Shinigami
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Feels like the sort of thing Hellboy would get involved with. I also wanted another expensive common figure to compare with the Kriegsaffe – details of the inspiration here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinigami

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set. Its model number and name are #079-081 / Death Demon.

HellboyScape Wave 2: Project Ragnarok

THE SINISTER AND THE SNEAK

Karl Ruprecht Kroenen
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Features in the first Hellboy story and film. His name is spelled Ruprect in the book, but Ruprecht everywhere else. I went with the latter because Mignola admits he can’t spell. http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Karl_Ruprecht_Kroenen

The figure used for this unit is a slightly modified Heroclix figure from the Indy set. Its model number and name are #052-054 / Major Maxim.

Notes: He’s a bit tall, and you need to just cut the tubes to his face off with a knife and the connecting backpack. But he makes a perfect Kroenen.

Ilsa Haupstein
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Also features in the first Hellboy stories and film. http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Ilsa_Haupstein

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set. Its model number and name are #049-051 / Natalia Kassle.

Notes: Ideally she’d be in a Nazi uniform, but this figure has the right look and pose, so I felt it would work.

Vladimir Giurescu
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: From Hellboy: Wake the Devil - http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Vladimir_Giurescu

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Arkham Asylum set. Its model number and name are #041 / Frankenstein.

Notes: Probably my most controversial choice, as Giurescu was a vampire, but this figure is still undead and the whole outfit is perfect otherwise so I had to go for it.

Herman von Klempt
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: From the early Hellboy: Wake the Devil and Hellboy: Conqueror Worm - http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Herman_von_Klempt

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the City of Villains set. Its model number and name are #003 / Black Scorpion.

Notes: There just isn’t a figure available of a robot body with a human head in a jar with a swastika on it so I had to improvise. This one has a human head on a robot body that looks pretty good. I incorporated the tail into the card design as Klempt had many wacky gadgets and weapons.

Phreggs
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Another one I made up - a support figure based on an interesting looking sculpt. I kept the original name because I couldn’t come up with anything better.

The figure used for this unit is a Mage Knight figure from the Nexus set. Its model number and name are #117 / Phreggs.

LEGENDARY ENCOUNTERS

William Grenier
Spoiler Alert!

Bio:From Hellboy: The Wolves of St. August - http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wo...f_Saint_August

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Base set. Its model number and name are #093 / Dire Werewolf.

King Vold
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: From the Hellboy story of the same name -http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/King_Vold

The figure used for this unit is a Horrorclix figure from the Base set. Its model number and name are #086 / Headless Horseman.

Surtr
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: A classic creature from world mythology – the sort of thing Hellboy has to face all the time - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surtr

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Mutations & Monsters set. Its model number and name are #025 / Zzzax.

Rokuro
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Loosely based on the Hellboy story Heads (http://hellboy.wikia.com/wiki/Heads), although this one stretches her neck as opposed to severing it – more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rokurokubi

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set. Its model number and name are #061-063 / Yukio.

DEADLY GUARDIANS

Steam Guardian
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: Based loosely on The Golden Army from the second film, this unit was designed to help Fulton be more effective.

The figure used for this unit is a Mage Knight figure from the Whirlwind set. Its model number and name are #001-003 / Incendiary Golem.

Maiko Warrior
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: This was designed to create a Japanese themed army. A maiko is an apprentice geisha, hence the make-up. I just made it a bit more warrior like. Info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiko

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set. Its model number and name are #076-078 / Kabuki.

Yakuza Bodyguard
Spoiler Alert!

Bio: And finishing off the Japanese army, a strong common figure that bonds well, making the demons more effective.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Indy set. Its model number and name are #031-033,211 / Arashi.

Last edited by streaky2007; October 1st, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: suggested card changes
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wow. I had no idea there were this many Hellboy characters. I really don't know anything about Hellboy beyond what I've seen in the movies.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 27th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Impressive collection! I've downloaded them, and I'll take a closer look soon. I've already downloaded Matt Helm's customs, and I'll have to add Garada's.
Old July 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

First of all, I really like the way your artwork closely resembles Garada's cards. I would prefer ability titles be bolded to make them stand out.

I can't comment on cost (though Steam Guardian seems under costed at 25 due to its Defense 7), and I won't flag capitalization items.

On to the specific units:

Looks good:
Yakuza Bodyguard
Steam Guardian

William Grenier
Spelling in Grenier Curse: destroyed (2nd occurrence), destructible

Vladimir Giurescu
I love the mechanic behind Light of the Full Moon!
I think the order of the abilities should be swapped, as Light of the Full Moon takes place at the end of the turn.

Tom Manning
I think the d20 results would be easier to read if formatted in bullet format. See Garada's Tinker for an example.

Surtr
This might also be a good candidate to swap the order of the abilities.

I think this would be cleaner mechanically if you simply state that at the end of the round, roll one attack die against each figure adjacent to Surtr. So you would have:

Quote:
INTENSE HEAT
Figures roll one less attack die when attacking Surtr with a normal adjacent attack. At the end of each round, roll one attack die for each figure adjacent to Surtr. If you roll a skull, that figure takes a wound. Liz Sherman and figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Intense Heat.
Shinigami
Phantom Walk: "and is never attacked" instead of "are" (Actually, this might be ok due to the fact you might draft multiple figures.)

That's all for now.

Last edited by davidlhsl; July 27th, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
First of all, I really like the way your artwork closely resembles Garada's cards. I would prefer ability titles be bolded to make them stand out.

I can't comment on cost (though Steam Guardian seems under costed at 25 due to its Defense 7), and I won't flag capitalization items.

On to the specific units:

Looks good:
Yakuza Bodyguard
Steam Guardian

William Grenier
Spelling in Grenier Curse: destroyed (2nd occurrence), destructible

Vladimir Giurescu
I love the mechanic behind Light of the Full Moon!
I think the order of the abilities should be swapped, as Light of the Full Moon takes place at the end of the turn.

Tom Manning
I think the d20 results would be easier to read if formatted in bullet format. See Garada's Tinker for an example.

Surtr
This might also be a good candidate to swap the order of the abilities.

I think this would be cleaner mechanically if you simply state that at the end of the round, roll one attack die against each figure adjacent to Surtr. So you would have:

Quote:
INTENSE HEAT
Figures roll one less attack die when attacking Surtr with a normal adjacent attack. At the end of each round, roll one attack die for each figure adjacent to Surtr. If you roll a skull, that figure takes a wound. Liz Sherman and figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Intense Heat.
Shinigami
Phantom Walk: "and is never attacked" instead of "are" (Actually, this might be ok due to the fact you might draft multiple figures.)

That's all for now.
Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback! I've changed William Grenier, Vladimir Giurescu and Tom Manning accordingly. I like keeping Intense Heat first on Surtr because the first line refers to figures attacking him, and I like to have defensive powers first because people may not read the card through properly until their turn. I agree that the wording for Intense Heat could be abbreviated, but its taken straight from the Volcarren Wasteland rulebook - the intent being that being adjacent to him is the same as being on a lava field space. As for Shinigami, I believe that to be the plural form as well as singular, and as you pointed out, common figures are intended to be drafted in bulk.

Thank you so much for looking at these and helping to make them better!
Old July 27th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Forward, March!

Looks good:
Rokuro - I like Incredible Endurance.
Rev. James Connery - I love the entire ability set! Nice!
Kate Corrigan - Gun Rookie is clever.

Phreggs
Would this read better?

Quote:
Sneak Attack
Before moving with Phreggs, if he is not engaged, you may choose an engaged enemy figure. If Phreggs ends his movement adjacent to the chosen figure, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against the chosen figure instead of attacking.
Sir Peter Reeve
You might say "Sir Peter Reeve" instead of just "Sir Peter" based on preference.
Nice power set!

Leah Harrison
Expedition Specialist: Perhaps replace the last sentence with:

"The chosen figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks when taking a turn with Expedition Specialist, and must end its move within 6 spaces of Leah Harrison."

King Void
Where's the head?
I'm kidding!
Burning Gold: Comma after "instead of attacking".

More to come...
Old July 27th, 2012, 11:53 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I heartily approve! Great stuff.
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
I heartily approve! Great stuff.
The wanderer returns!

Man, I've missed you round here.
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
Forward, March!

Looks good:
Rokuro - I like Incredible Endurance.
Rev. James Connery - I love the entire ability set! Nice!
Kate Corrigan - Gun Rookie is clever.

Phreggs
Would this read better?

Quote:
Sneak Attack
Before moving with Phreggs, if he is not engaged, you may choose an engaged enemy figure. If Phreggs ends his movement adjacent to the chosen figure, you may roll 1 unblockable attack die against the chosen figure instead of attacking.
Sir Peter Reeve
You might say "Sir Peter Reeve" instead of just "Sir Peter" based on preference.
Nice power set!

Leah Harrison
Expedition Specialist: Perhaps replace the last sentence with:

"The chosen figure will not take any leaving engagement attacks when taking a turn with Expedition Specialist, and must end its move within 6 spaces of Leah Harrison."

King Void
Where's the head?
I'm kidding!
Burning Gold: Comma after "instead of attacking".

More to come...
Thanks very much for the suggestions: Phreggs, Leah Harrison and King Vold changed accordingly.

As for Sir Peter Reeve, I believe its what the British do - when someone is knighted they are gernerally referred to by Sir followed by their Christian name - plus it means fewer words on the card.
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Wow, this is awesome. That took a lot of work I'm sure and I'm so glad you are sharing it. I'll definitely take a real close look when I get the chance and see what I can do to help but I trust that David (and I'm sure Sock Puppet) already added some significant impact to your designs.

But also, feel free to redo any characters that I had added to Hellboy-for-Heroscape back in the day. At the time, Garada was creating masterful cards while I was getting ahead of myself in designs that were too wonky in the long run. I have since worked on my craft and understand customs a bit better so looking at my old designs now makes me cringe.

Therefore, I recently redesigned Roger (which you can copy word for word and put on a Hellboy style if you like) and suggest that you may want to do the same. I don't think he was all that good as he was. I've also had some significant recreations of Nessie and Fulton under my Havokscape line.

The point is, I don't blame you if you enjoy Garada's creations because they are excellent. It's just that the Helm additions were not really up to par. Use them at your own risk or create your own versions of these characters (Damio and Kraus were sad as well).

EDIT: On Kate's "Gun Rookie", you could probably lose the line about attacking normally and just change the title to "GUN ROOKIE 13". And on "Protected", the phrase "an attack" should probably be "any attack".

I like "Impulsive" on Bud Waller but when I went with a similar power on my original draft of the HelmAverse Human Torch, I found that it became annoying to roll the 20 sided die with each and every OM I turned. In fact, it's too easy to forget and your opponent needs to be on top of reminding you. Check out what I eventually did on that card instead with "Reckless Teammate". I tied the impulsive behavior into the initiative roll and had OM #1 moved if a certain number was rolled. It's just a suggestion but you could do something similar and it could be whenever you roll an 8 or lower on initiative (regardless of whether you won it or not), you have to move OM #1 to his card. Just something to think about.

Last edited by Matt Helm; July 29th, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old July 30th, 2012, 03:39 AM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. I've changed Kate Corrigan's card accordingly. As for Bud Waller, you make good points about rolling the d20 each turn, but he's basically designed to shoot like mad at everything and then get killed (hence low defense), whereas Johnny Storm is a strong team member who might throw your plan off for one turn. If I can figure a way to reduce rolling for him without "calming him down", I'll alter the card.

I'm glad you're OK with me changing your old Hellboy cards, but they're not as bad as you think. I've been playtesting them loads lately, along with my own cards. There are a few very minor tweaks to wording I'd like, but I suspect Garada is too busy to change them for us. The only cards I had real problems with were Roger and Nick Cave who felt overpowered. I thought about changing Roger to 180 points - then found your newer and better card for 185 - I'll just link to that card when writing the index. Nick Cave just seems too powerful with 8 move, 6 range, double attack and flying for 130 points - I may re-use the figure later.

Also, I'm working on Wave 3 already! Once they've been finshed and playtested them I'd be happy to send them to you for previewing before I post them.

PS - Who's Sock Puppet?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations