Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old August 9th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Anyone in your group do naval battles Hahma?

We talked about creating a home brew system with 1:1000 scale ships in a giant all day battle but the logistics of acquiring, transporting, setting up, ect. is going to be a nightmare, plus it would most likely take a couple years to develop the rules.
Close Action is a really good Age of Sail system that can accommodate many players and ships. Sails of Glory is a simpler alternative. For modern naval warfare, Seekrieg is fantastic, but is more of rules heavy simulation. I believe Seekrieg 4 is free for download.
We have many different tastes and interests Tornado, but nobody would be into an all day naval battle. We do have some, myself included that like Sails of Glory. My one friend Brian has a ton of stuff for that game, as he went in big on the Kickstarter a couple years ago. I actually have the base set. Coincidentally, he and I were talking about playing Sails of Glory again pretty soon, as it's been awhile since last we played. That's the first world problem with havingsuch a big group and so many people with a lot of cool games to play, some games take longer to get to the table or back to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Hahma,

Did the PSC guy say anything about expansions for The Great War?
Chas,

I didn't talk to Wil, as I wasn't there, but my friend Brian didn't mention anything about hearing about an expansion. Brian did several group orders for both The Great War kickstarters, but since he was working the Con for FFG, he may not had much time to ask Wil about that. Brian is pretty connected in the game community and likes to network, so since he had a lot of back and forth with Wil during the kickstarter campaigns, so I'm sure he just wanted to touch base, and somehow the demoer questions came up since Brian was wearing his special badge. Wil wad looking to get a team in the U.S. to do GenCon, Origins in ColumbusColumbus and the World Board Game Championships (or something like that, though I think it's mostly wargaming) near Philadelphia. I'm not even sure about doing it for GenCon next year (have to discuss with the wife), as it will have to depend on compensation such as hotel, badge etc. But I can likely say that I wouldn't be able to travel to all the other conventions for it. We'll see.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 9th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks G-O and Hahma.

The game would run all day but would be played in 4 hour game slots so you could play 4, 8 or 12(16 if we are nuts) hours. We would take shifts as game masters having all three only for the beginning and the end.

I just cannot see being able to pull it off. Just transporting and setting up the ships would be an incredible undertaking.

The scenario was going to naval battles that travel through time. So we would start with Viking ships and progress through time to the modern era. Hopefully we would get to see a Viking Longboat vs. a Destroyer.

We would take generic tickets throughout and those people would be mercenaries that the warring factions would have to bid for their allegiance.

Wishful dreaming while on a Gen Con fueled high.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 9th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Interesting idea Tornado, though like you said, kind of tough logistically.

@chas

I just saw that my friend Brian (Coltsfan76 on BGG), post on a thread on BGG that when he spoke to Wil Townsend, he said that the French would be the next expansion on Kickstarter. Don't know when exactly though.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 10th, 2016, 08:19 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I thought Scythe was a bit too Euro for me, but now after a fourth game, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it (even though I just tied for last place). Well, the first two games were only two player, and the third was with newbie's for whom it was too heavy a game at my gaming group.

My pal the game owner smashed us yet again. I looked over at him after we counted up the final score and said "Hey, its not this game I hate--its you!" The four of us agreed that we still had to learn how to slow down the front runner in this design.

Today Taeblewalker brings my GenCon copy of Star Trek Ascendancy over! Even though we'll be Supers Draft Kolakoski Scaping all day, I'll leave the game out opened in the bedroom on display. I'll be hosting its actual play next Saturday, Wednesday, and who knows when else in the near future? Although there are few review out yet, the rules are available in the Files section of bgg.

In the evening, perhaps we'll try out Quartermaster General with its new second expansion Alternate Histories for the first time.
Old August 10th, 2016, 11:29 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
I thought Scythe was a bit too Euro for me, but now after a fourth game, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it (even though I just tied for last place). Well, the first two games were only two player, and the third was with newbie's for whom it was too heavy a game at my gaming group.

My pal the game owner smashed us yet again. I looked over at him after we counted up the final score and said "Hey, its not this game I hate--its you!" The four of us agreed that we still had to learn how to slow down the front runner in this design.

Today Taeblewalker brings my GenCon copy of Star Trek Ascendancy over! Even though we'll be Supers Draft Kolakoski Scaping all day, I'll leave the game out opened in the bedroom on display. I'll be hosting its actual play next Saturday, Wednesday, and who knows when else in the near future? Although there are few review out yet, the rules are available in the Files section of bgg.

In the evening, perhaps we'll try out Quartermaster General with its new second expansion Alternate Histories for the first time.
I will be looking forward to your thoughts on Ascendancy, especially as it compares to Fleet Captains.
Old August 10th, 2016, 11:45 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Taeblewalker delivered the following GenCon package to me today. Many thanks, my friend!

*Star Trek Ascendancy First Run TOS 50th Anniversary Game

*15 TOS Bonus Exploration Cards

*Separate package of game dice (produced after the boxes were sealed) including 10 D6 and one custom Warp Path Length D6 generating 2-4 long section paths

*Three $10 sets of Star Base minis containing 1 piece of each core game factions: Federation, Klingon, and Romulan (1 top was missing).

*Free Commemorative Faction Pins: 50th Anniversary, Federation, Klingon, and Cardassian

*Small commemorative stick on blue ribbon "Star Trek Ascendancy"

*Commemorative plastic shopping bag

Game sessions are now scheduled here in Brooklyn for next Saturday and Wednesday! Official GF9 FAQ are starting to appear on BGG in responce to individual question threads. The rules are available in the Files section of the game discussion board there.

Last edited by chas; August 11th, 2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old August 11th, 2016, 12:04 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I had a great time at GenCon. I played 3 Pathfinder Society scenarios and about 14 games of Heroscape (and 4 games of Planeswalkers). I also got to demo Hero Realms and the new (to me) Dominion: Kingdoms expansion and see a lot of cool stuff in the dealer hall. I didn't get to spend as much time demoing in the dealer hall as I would have liked because I was trying to find good gifts for my kids (easy) and my wife (hard), but I did watch a demo of Seafall just as the dealer hall was about to close on Sunday.

I also played a few games of Spyfall, Codenames, Star Realms, and Epic with various Scapers.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:22 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Just got out a set of X wing, what is the special "ballpark" number of ships do you need for x wing to get a decent game going? It just doesn't look like enough to play with one starter set. So I have another starter set coming, but what then? Any suggestions. Also, I'm going to be making a bunch of my own asteroids and meteors for the game as well. I'll have to post pictures of those when I'm done.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 11th, 2016, 10:51 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

How many players?
Old August 11th, 2016, 01:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Porkins, at least 2 I guess. I just want to get a fix on how many ships per team you'd recommend.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 11th, 2016, 01:46 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Of course it depends on which ships (ie- point cost) you are using, but usually in a kill-em-all type game you'd fly 2-4 ships, unless you are flying a TIE swarm. TIE swarm could be 6-8 TIE's.
Old August 11th, 2016, 01:53 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Taken straight from the X-Wing miniatures wiki:

Quote:
The recommended squad point total for a standard dogfight is 100 points, although players are free to choose any point total.
I ended up getting two Starter sets, one B-Wing, and one TIE Interceptor and I have just enough for two people to play 100 point squads.

I want to get more but my wallet is in rebellion.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games