Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 15th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Spider Problems

I like my apartment. It's got plenty of room for me, is affordable (SF-Bay Area Prices affordable), and the neighbors are plenty nice.

What I don't like is that spiders always seem to be in my place. Usually just daddy long legs, but sometimes common garden spiders as well. And even then it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't find their way into the worst possible places.

Here's a couple of examples:

1. On my leg in the shower.
2. Inside my pants (which I only discovered while I was in the bathroom...never took off clothing faster in my whole life)

What's the worst place YOU'VE ever found a spider?
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:57 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Spider Problems

A whole spider? I don't know... but I did find a half a spider in a sandwich.... does that count.

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
I like my apartment. It's got plenty of room for me, is affordable (SF-Bay Area Prices affordable), and the neighbors are plenty nice.

What I don't like is that spiders always seem to be in my place. Usually just daddy long legs, but sometimes common garden spiders as well. And even then it wouldn't be so bad if they didn't find their way into the worst possible places.

Here's a couple of examples:

1. On my leg in the shower.
2. Inside my pants (which I only discovered while I was in the bathroom...never took off clothing faster in my whole life)

Ewwwwww...

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 15th, 2008, 08:05 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Its always fun to enter a room after a spiders egg sack hatches, there are hundress of tiny spiders hanging or walking on the cieling... Had this happen a few times, you wont notice them til you walk through their webs.

Be glad you are not in Florida... some spiders you may find in your house are pretty large. Like leg diameters larger than some dishes.
Old July 15th, 2008, 08:08 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
One time I woke up and I was a spider. Beat that.

I'm okay now though. Apparently they have a vaccination for that.
Old July 15th, 2008, 08:23 PM

oni is surprisingly tart

I hate spiders too. I have one rule, if they're in my living space, they die.

I once found a big, hairy spider in the corner of my bedroom, right above my bed. Feeling extra sadistic and worried that I wouldn't be able to kill it in one shot (and risk it dropping to the floor and scuttling away, or worse, dropping into my bed and losing track of it there) I decided to use the vacuum. I was able to quickly suck it up and since I had one of those cyclone types, I let the vacuum run for a few minutes to knock around the spider and kill it. I put the vacuum away in the corner across from where the spider was hanging, with my bed in between them.

I read somewhere that if you take a spider outside it will come back in because it's following chemical trails. If that's true…

A few days later, I'm crawling into bed. I feel something on my leg. It must be my leg hairs rubbing against the comforter. No, wait, do I detect motion? Maybe it's a bug or centipede (ask me THAT story sometime), so I whip off my comforter… And crawling on my leg, as if to get me, or maybe it's crawling back to its corner, is the same big, ugly, mangled, half dead, missing limbs spider. It's managed to climb up and out of the vacuum, across the floor, and across half my bed under my comforter to now sit on my leg. I screamed like a ten year old.

I HATE spiders.

Feed the newbs! Link to a common HS topic in your signature.
Storage ideas
What Should I get next?
Old July 15th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

LOL, thats a funny story. I also hate spiders, but I am not scared of them. If see one I KILL IT. MWAHAHAHAHAHA

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:35 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni View Post
if they're in my living space, they die.
Wow, that's appropriate behavior. Of course, it's the same thing the U.S. government did to the Cherokee.

Seriously though, mosquitoes and gnats I will kill because they don't really do anything. Spiders, I will kindly guide to a better place to build webs, or at the very least shoo them out of my way with a piece of paper. I've never had any problems with them coming back.
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:01 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't generally kill bugs unless they are Mosquitoes or House Fly. I also kill any random Goblins or Bugbears that I find in my house.
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In Texas we have what you call a grass spider (not a drug reference). Anyway, they are huge and sort of a brown and yellow mottled color. I saw one on my porch once through the sliding glass door. I was so fascinated because it was so huge. The bulbous part of the body was about the size of a pecan, and then the legs went out from there. Anyway, I watched it for a while and it didn't move at all like it was frozen. Finally I tapped on the glass to make it run away or something just to observe how it scuttled, but my taps didn't phase it. I tapped harder but still it remained fixed. Then out of the corner of my eye I see a wasp slowly come up to the spider until it was face to face with it. The wasp must have stung it a few minutes before that and was returning to get his prey. The wasp chomps down on the spider and starts to drag it slowly across the patio. This thing is easily 3 or 4 times larger than that wasp! The wasp gets to the brick wall, repositions himself and starts to carry this thing up the brick wall. That danged wasp carried that thing a few feet up the wall to a small hole where I guess he lived. Once he got there he went about trying to pull that fat spider through that small hole. He got it about half way in, and couldn't get it any further. There were spider legs sticking out in all directions. I decided, I didn't want either of those monsters living on or near my patio so I grabbed some bug spray and hosed em down. The spider suddenly woke up and started having an epileptic seizure on my patio after it fell with and audible thud to the concrete. It left a wet trail as it flip flopped all over my patio. I still get chills thinking about it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog View Post
Quote:
One time I woke up and I was a spider. Beat that.
Sounds kinda Kafkaesque.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old July 15th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
In Texas we have what you call a grass spider (not a drug reference). Anyway, they are huge and sort of a brown and yellow mottled color. I saw one on my porch once through the sliding glass door. I was so fascinated because it was so huge. The bulbous part of the body was about the size of a pecan, and then the legs went out from there. Anyway, I watched it for a while and it didn't move at all like it was frozen. Finally I tapped on the glass to make it run away or something just to observe how it scuttled, but my taps didn't phase it. I tapped harder but still it remained fixed. Then out of the corner of my eye I see a wasp slowly come up to the spider until it was face to face with it. The wasp must have stung it a few minutes before that and was returning to get his prey. The wasp chomps down on the spider and starts to drag it slowly across the patio. This thing is easily 3 or 4 times larger than that wasp! The wasp gets to the brick wall, repositions himself and starts to carry this thing up the brick wall. That danged wasp carried that thing a few feet up the wall to a small hole where I guess he lived. Once he got there he went about trying to pull that fat spider through that small hole. He got it about half way in, and couldn't get it any further. There were spider legs sticking out in all directions. I decided, I didn't want either of those monsters living on or near my patio so I grabbed some bug spray and hosed em down. The spider suddenly woke up and started having an epileptic seizure on my patio after it fell with and audible thud to the concrete. It left a wet trail as it flip flopped all over my patio. I still get chills thinking about it.
That was some variety of cicada killer type wasp. It was probably going to lay its eggs on the wasp. I used to watch cicada killers in my yard as a kid (in NY). They would bring the cicadas into their holes in the sand. I had just seen a documentary on them recently, so it was cool to watch nature in action. Imagine, life imitating cable!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General