Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 19th, 2014, 08:08 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Update 9/17/14, Balan Nor Mariedian Gu

Thanks for the thumbs-up @TexHex and for the comments @Ixe !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
FPC Marines
Spoiler Alert!
Yeah, I'm still workshopping these guys in my head. They still don't cohere yet.

Quote:
Vukanaar
Spoiler Alert!

Hmm, I hadn't considered snow. I think the adjacent snow space becomes lava field while he's on it. Once he moves onto the snow space, however, he's no longer adjacent to that space. So the snow magically regenerates beneath Vukanaar 's firey feet. Sure, that makes sense!

And yes, he's a beast! But not a Beast. Arrow Grut bonding? No way!

Quote:
Flame Wraith
Spoiler Alert!

Lava placement is probably more powerful than 90 points warrants.... but I think I'll leave them there for now. If anyone other than me ever plays them, let me know if you have costing input!

Quote:
Magma Elemental
Spoiler Alert!

Again, another "corner case" I hadn't thought about. With the AE as precedent I don't think it would be a deal-breaker. I would dearly love to see the game where Magma Rising provided the margin of victory!

Quote:
Begorn Thundershield
Spoiler Alert!

The "no friendly fire" clause was sort of an afterthought, since his major cheerleader power might not trigger until it wasn't useful any more, and attacking your own guys just seems wrong. But I can take it out, who am I to limit the moral choices of Begorn's comrades in arms? BTW Undaunted Inspiration isn't limited to once a turn, so it has potentially 5 activations per round. When Begorn is near death and still charging into battle. (I still want to make a power called "To Me, My Kinsmen!" Someday. I still have a Dwarf Hero I don't know what to do with...)

Quote:
Slaughterstone Eviscerator
Spoiler Alert!

I'll have to see how it plays. My gut tells me that extra defense may be worth as much as Reach -- longer staying power means getting to more targets -- but my gut is frequently wrong.

Quote:
Balan Nor
Spoiler Alert!
Balan is another OM-free support unit. You can use the M-43 to keep him moving with his Mariedian charge, and then Mariedian Guard to keep them together. You're right that if your hero is engaged you may want to not use MG. But since Balan moves first, you can use the two powers together. Balan can move forward and engage with an enemy screening unit. Then your other hero can get past the screen while Balan takes the LEA. I thought about giving friendly figures the ability to move through Balan even if he's engaged, to make that maneuver easier to pull off. But word count. Plus there's probably some interaction I haven't thought of that would make that break.

Quote:
Cool units overall. I really enjoyed the inclusion of the design notes.
Thanks! Really appreciate your feedback as always.
Old September 23rd, 2014, 03:09 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: IshMEL's Customs: FPC Marines / Microcorp Strikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Fire Archons Report
Spoiler Alert!
The Fire Archon army is very cool! I like the synergies and it seems very fun (and dangerous) to play (against).

In larger games, I could see having some Wyverns team up with Flame Wraiths to Talon Grab and drop opponent's on same-level molten lava (or a few Drow Chain-Fighters).

But very fun design!

The next Pathfinder Battles set will have some small/medium Elementals again, too : P
http://www.crittohit.com/images/resi...elementals.jpg
Old September 30th, 2014, 01:37 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Update 9/30/14, Champions and Sniper!

I've made some new cards recently, thought I'd share them here.

First, some new cards for the Champions of the Vale, an Einar counterpart to the Knights of Weston. Design notes included:

Knights of the Vale ¤, Einar version of the KOW, with anti-evil bonus. Common Squad, 70 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Agonn §¤. MDG for Human Knights, 100 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Sir Pellinore ¤, Champion with anti-evil aura and advantage vs. Terrifying figs, 130 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Just for comparison, here are the previously posted cards for this faction:
Spoiler Alert!

Next up, another Mariedian: Deyed Zec, who is more or less a Zetaclone:

Deyed Zec ¤§. Mariedian Sniper, 60 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

I've made some other minor fixes in the OP. Slaughterstone Eviscerator is back down to 120 points, Mike November needed fixing because of the Tandros Problem, and it's OK to attack Begorn Thundershield now. I've also redone Nyxos, one of my Wizards of Vong, but I am reworking a number of them so no real announcement yet.

Thanks as always for your comments and for taking a look!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 17th, 2017 at 12:32 AM.
Old September 30th, 2014, 02:37 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Knights of the Vale
I can't look at their name without thinking of the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones), but I would say that they are a bit better than the Knights of Weston in a Vacuum. However, when we consider Gilbert and the 4th Mass, Id say the knights still have these guys beat.

Sir Agonn
Exactly what it says on the tin, and while he does significantly help out your Knights of the Vale, I'm more concerned about what he accomplishes for the Knights of Weston along with Sir Gilbert. It may just be over the top.

Ser Pellinore
Is he supposed to be Valorous or Devout? He's very solid against Terrifying figures and that bonus is no joke when matched with the likes of your knights or the Knights of Weston, but I'd still say that he rather safely falls in the counterdraft category and you shouldn't worry about him too much.

Deyed Zec

Cool guy. I think Zetacron is better than him overall by being able to move and attack for the bonus (as well as size based immunities), but he still seems to work fine for the Mareidians. Being single based also makes it a little bit easier to claim height, which is always great for range.
Old October 1st, 2014, 01:30 PM

Thanks for your comments Ixe!

"The Vale" just popped into my head, but I've probably got it from GOT. Has someone been doing Game of Thrones customs? Tywin Lannister: allows you to draft 25% more points...

Agonn may indeed be over the top. I could always limit him to Einar Knights which would reduce the prospect of super fast PKs and Templars as well.

Pellinore is supposed to be Valorous, I forgot to update his description after I de-paladinized him. Will fix, thanks for catching that.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:03 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

While faster pks might be nice, I wouldn't sweat the Templar Knights being too quick. They're just not that good. Global boosters like that get better for the more units that they help so it wouldn't be something to worry about until you start getting up there in army size.

I wouldn't suggest making a unit that allows you to draft more points worth. Assuming that unit has a cost, it would pay for itself at a certain point and be an auto-include in any army just to raise the point total. If we're talking about special powers with respect for drafting, I could see something that gives you two more picks immediately after taking it to be something cool to do.

I wouldn't worry about "The Vale" name for as generic as it is. They just sometimes refer to knights from the Vale as "Knights of the Vale" in the series.
Old October 1st, 2014, 07:04 PM

The Knights of the Vale faction are very cool. Thanks for sharing!!! I have the Confrontation Lion figures and they are great.

I think my Army Build would be:

Knights of the Vale x3 .... 210
Sir Agonn ... 310
Pellinore of the Vale ... 400
The Lady Drimmere ... 500
= 500 Points

This is a fast moving Army with strong defense. The Knights are bumped to Move 5 and the one's that are in the Start Zone adjacent to Lady D have Move 7. Pellinore is great for bonuses against Utgar/Valkrill but he's also a solid 5th attacker for the KotV.

The Standard Bearer and Trumpeter are very cool too, and I could see substituting them for Lady D.

I do think that Sir Agonn is worth more than 100 points, but only because he'll make the Knights of Weston that much better. If you limit it to Knights that follow Einar, you should be good at 100 points.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 03:13 PM

Sir Pellinore ¤, Champion with anti-evil aura and advantage vs. Terrifying figs, 90 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

I was surprised to see the long list of Terrifying figures! I like this power more and more now : ) It covers both Undead and nasty stuff from the Marro.

Cyprien Esenwein
Iskra Esenwein
Marcu Esenwein
Marro Hive
Mind Flayer Mastermind
Rechets Of Bogdan
Shades Of Bleakwoode
Sonya Esenwein
Torin
Tor-Kul-Na
Tul-Bak-Ra
Wo-Sa-Ga
Zombies of Morindan
Cxurg'gyath
Morgoloth
Skeletons of Annellintia
Zombie Hulk
Old October 2nd, 2014, 05:35 PM

Yes, Terrifying is one of those personalities I would expect to see more powers interact with. Lots of fun matchup opportunities there especially if he's leading the KOV against Utgar.

I've taken your advice and changed Agonn to only affect Einar knights. (Card has been changed, but not yet the description) .

Thanks again!
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:04 PM

I have a new version of the FPC Marines, workshopped here previously. Still in beta, but here they are:

FPC Delta Team
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; October 3rd, 2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old October 5th, 2014, 10:18 PM

I had threatened to make a Dwarf with a "To Me, My Kinsmen!" power. So here he is. At least in draft format:

Oron Goldenaxe
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by IshMEL; October 6th, 2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old October 6th, 2014, 10:09 AM

FPC Delta Team
I'm liking the new version better overall. Return fire is an interesting one-off counterstrike. The once per turn limitation is a little weird when spread over a whole squad, but it's really not that hard to keep track of and is further ameliorated by the fact that they are Unique. We Band of Brothers reminds me of the B-11 Resistance Corps, and can basically function that way against some armies. Close Combat Training means that they hit hard in melee, especially if that figure already killed one of them. When comparing them to something like the B-11 Resistance Corps or even a squad like the Knights of Blackgaard (who are admittedly common), these guys are looking like they are undercosted overall giving their impressive defensive and offensive powers and versatility.

Oron Goldenaxe
Another dwarf bonding hero. I'm not sure if I'd necessarily take him over Mogrimm, although he does provide some fun possibilities. To Me, My Kinsman certainly captures your them well, and I do like how it ties nicely into Clan Tactics. For Clan Tactics, I'd take the wording from the Death Knights where they subtract defense dice when rolling defense. You don't need to specify a minimum for that. Tough is a fine power for a dwarf and matches him along with Mogrimm. Patriarch is a little strange of a class to see, although little things like that can go a long way to give a feel for the dwarf culture that you're working with.

Cool units overall.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards