Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: I miss 'Scapetalk

Yeah guys, I just haven't been able to work the podcast into my schedule. I'm working with Wizards on something for heroscape, I'm working with Hasbro on a big project, and I'm in the midst of starting my own game company. Expect to see a new game coming from me very soon in that regard. So I'm not just goofing around. We have a podcast recorded. But our plan is to start a new format complete with its own domain. That requires some graphic work to launch in a way that comes off as professional and I've got hextr1p all tied up working on graphic design for that aforementioned game of mine.

Here is an exclusive sneek peek of Plaid Hat Game's launch game. Its an expandable tactical combat card game called Summoner Wars.

Here are two cards from one of the 4 factions that will be available at launch:

(Click to enlarge)

Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
(Click to enlarge)

Dammit truth! As if I didn't have enough stuff to stretch my money out with.

I trust GB's assessment that it's fun and fast, and should be a hoot to us Scapers. But even if he said it sucked, I'd probably buy it from you anyway. Why?

Because: 1) there isn't a better, individually game-devoted site around that compares to what you've got here. 2) that kind of attention to detail and high-quality standards is indicative of the man whose yard we play in. 3) you seem to favor quality over quantity; this site certainly reflects it. 4) '1' + '2' + '3' = must have.

I eagerly await the release, truth. Keep us informed.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I'm working with Wizards on something for heroscape, I'm working with Hasbro on a big project, and I'm in the midst of starting my own game company.
Awesome.

Quote:
Here is an exclusive sneek peek of Plaid Hat Game's launch game. Its an expandable tactical combat card game called Summoner Wars.
It looks and sounds really cool, truth. And congrats on the company!

Last edited by Cleon; May 2nd, 2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Forgot the second 's' in sounds. :P
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:00 PM

dickflea Woo who?

Quote:
Yeah guys, I just haven't been able to work the podcast into my schedule. I'm working with Wizards on something for heroscape, I'm working with Hasbro on a big project, and I'm in the midst of starting my own game company. Expect to see a new game coming from me very soon in that regard. So I'm not just goofing around. We have a podcast recorded. But our plan is to start a new format complete with its own domain. That requires some graphic work to launch in a way that comes off as professional and I've got hextr1p all tied up working on graphic design for that aforementioned game of mine.

(Click to enlarge)

Whao! Very nice layout for the cards. Looking forward to seeing more of the designs.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Ok so the game looks awesome, definitely something I might be interested in. No blind purchases is a must for me and I like the look and feel so far.
All that being said I can't believe nobody's jumped on the fact that you mentioned you were working with Wizards on something for heroscape. So... What is it?
Also what else are you working on with hasbro? Sure we won't get any of that info out of you so how about your game.
Do you have a timeline for a release date? Will we see it at GenCon?
In any case good luck to you, I'm sure if your creation has any merit it will be well received by this community which is a great launching point for any new game.
Awesome!

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:32 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eirikr View Post
Ok so the game looks awesome, definitely something I might be interested in. No blind purchases is a must for me and I like the look and feel so far.
All that being said I can't believe nobody's jumped on the fact that you mentioned you were working with Wizards on something for heroscape. So... What is it?
Also what else are you working on with hasbro? Sure we won't get any of that info out of you so how about your game.
Do you have a timeline for a release date? Will we see it at GenCon?
In any case good luck to you, I'm sure if your creation has any merit it will be well received by this community which is a great launching point for any new game.
Awesome!
I thought I read somewhere that truth was involved with the upcoming Epic Duels reissue - or did I dream that? The work on HS with WotC is excellent news as well; good to see continued momentum there.

Really intrigued by Summoner Wars though - the backstory reminds me more of Titan than Magic. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one. Best of luck to you!
Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:15 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
I thought I read somewhere that truth was involved with the upcoming Epic Duels reissue - or did I dream that?
I think I just crapped in my pants.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:53 AM

starsandstripes Woo who?

Quote:

(Click to enlarge)

your own game company?
cool. I can't wait to see what you have made!
I don't want to make it sound like I'm dissing the company who made this summoner wars game but I think they should edit their title. But still, truth making his own game company?

Can't wait!

When do you think your first game will be available to buy, or am I getting way too far ahead of myself?

why does everyone hate me?
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandstripes View Post
your own game company?
I don't want to make it sound like I'm dissing the company who made this summoner wars game but I think they should edit their title. But still, truth making his own game company?

Can't wait!

When do you think your first game will be available to buy, or am I getting way too far ahead of myself?
Um, Summoner Wars is Truth's game. Plaid Hat Games is Truth's game company.
Old May 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM

starsandstripes Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsandstripes View Post
your own game company?

Can't wait!

Um, Summoner Wars is Truth's game. Plaid Hat Games is Truth's game company.
oh crap!

sorry truth,
I didn't understand
I thought it was some other company's game.
I guess I should read more carefully.

why does everyone hate me?
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:08 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

(Click to enlarge)

So beautiful! A card game for heroscapers...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online