Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 5th, 2009, 06:03 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker
Panopticon's Maps - Quetzual's Descent added 04-17-13

*UPDATED 04-17-13 - added Quetzual's Descent*

Quetzual's Descent
Requires: 1 SotM + 1 VW + 1 TJ
04-17-13

Wyrmwalk
Requires: 2 BftU + 1 VW + 1 RttFF
01-29-13
Updated: 02-03-13

Trap: Magma Surge
Immediately role for Lava Field damage.

Biting Cold
Requires: 1 BftU + 1 TT + 1 Marvel
01-27-13

Trap: Glacial Shift
For each unrevealed order marker on the hero's card, the controlling player may move 1 single-hex glacier to any empty snow tile.

Arcane Sanctum
Requires: 1 BftU + 1 FotA + 1 Marvel
11-26-10

Trap: Dimensional Rift
Each artifact is housed within one of the pulsating pillars, channeling its energy with the others to maintain the stability of the magic coursing through the sanctum. As the hero touches the treasure, it's knocked out of place. The artifacts fly from their pillars and a great rift opens. Violent energies from other dimensions begin to lash out, ripping apart anyone close by.
Immediately reveal all remaining treasure glyphs. Now and at the end of each player's turn, each figure occupying a water-tile space must defend
against an attack of 6.

Black Gold
Requires: 2 BftU + 1 TJ
6-22-10

Trap: Volatile Flare
Barely visible, the treasure sits in a pool of steaming black ooze. As the hero reaches for it, flames and smoke erupt from the pool burning the flesh of its unwary victim.
The opposing player of the hero triggering the trap selects one figure within three clear sight spaces of the trap and immediately rolls 3 attack dice against it. The hero triggering the trap may be chosen as the target ONLY if there are no other figures within three clear sight spaces of the trap. The figure may defend normally. The attack is considered ranged and at the same level as the target.

Burial Marsh
inducted into the BoV
Requires: 1 SotM + 1 BftU + 1 RttFF
5-25-10

Trap: Whispers of Dread
Long dead faces appear from deep within the shadows. Whispering dread, they torment the hero and all who seek refuge in the darkness.
The hero takes one blockable attack of 3 dice rolled by the opposing player. Then, each figure on at least one shadow tile takes a blockable attack of 2 dice rolled by the opposing player of the affected figure. Order of attacks is determined by the player triggering the trap.

Desolation Pass
Requires: 1 BftU + 1 RttFF
3-17-10
Updated: 4-13-10

Trap: Gift of the Watcher
Shimmering dust settles on your hero, freezing him in time. As the enchantment fades, the hero springs to life with renewed vigor.
Remove all Order Markers from the figure's card. For each Order Marker removed, also remove one Wound Marker from the figure's card. The figure can not be moved or activated by any special ability on any card for the remainder of the round.

Dragon's Spine
Requires: 1 SotM + 1 BftU
2-19-10
Updated: 5-28-10

Trap: Blood Mist
The treasure glyph disappears, sinking deep into the marshy earth. Then slowly, a thick red mist seeps from the ground beneath your army choking the air with a corrosive gas.
The controlling player receives 2 Wound Markers to distribute amongst his army. The Treasure Glyph is destroyed.

Crystal Watch
Requires: 1 SotM + 1 BftU + 1 TJ
2-11-10
Updated: 2-27-10

Trap: Vision of Despair
Your hero is engulfed in a flash of total darkness. As the darkness fades, the hero flees the area screaming in utter terror.
The opposing player may immediately move the hero up to 7 spaces. No special powers may affect this move. Any disengagement strikes apply as normal during this move.

Murky Waters
Requires: 1 SotM + 1 RttFF
12-5-09
Updated: 2-11-10

Infected Glade
Requires: 1 SotM + 2 RttFF
12-5-09
Updated: 2-11-10

Alien Underbrush
Requires: 1 SotM + 2 TJ
12-5-09

Mired Engagement
Requires: 1 RotV + 1 SotM
12-5-09

Last edited by Panopticon; April 18th, 2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: added Quetzual's Descent
Old December 5th, 2009, 06:20 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Panopticon's Maps

I like them!

Though, I was having a problem with images coming up the first time. I hit refresh and it worked though.
Old December 5th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

They look nice.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old December 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM

Panopticon knows what's in an order marker Panopticon knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for the comments!

I'm not sure why they seem to be loading slow. Maybe I need to resize the images.

Last edited by Panopticon; December 5th, 2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old December 5th, 2009, 06:44 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Very nice maps, good job! It's always nice to see another cartographer join the ranks.

Also, I had no problem with the images loading. Just in case it helps.

EDIT: And just now, I did.

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old December 5th, 2009, 07:05 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I like these. Great first start
Old December 5th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very good maps, especially for just starting off. I share your love for bilatteral symmetry, and especially enjoy your maps. The only map I don't care for that much is the second one.

Keep 'em coming!
Old December 5th, 2009, 10:37 PM

Thanks guys.

And Rednax, I appreciate you pointing out the map you don't care for as much. Is your opinion of it based purely on aesthetics or another reason? I'd like to know your thoughts.
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:30 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Too weird rednax, the second is one of my favorite. In fact, I plan to build it once I finish posting this. I'm a big fan of how it uses set glyphs with the road spliting off on them.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while too, so I decided I'll just ask you. How do you get your images so that it's just the map? do you go in and crop out every nook in photoshop, or is there and easier way?
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Too weird rednax, the second is one of my favorite. In fact, I plan to build it once I finish posting this. I'm a big fan of how it uses set glyphs with the road spliting off on them.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while too, so I decided I'll just ask you. How do you get your images so that it's just the map? do you go in and crop out every nook in photoshop, or is there and easier way?
There is actually a setting in Virstualscape to hide the table and change the background color. Go to Configuration (at the top) and the click on preferences. In the top right of the box that comes up you will see a little check box labeled "Display Table." Obviously you should uncheck it. Then right below it you can change the BG color.
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:41 PM

EDIT: Ninjaed by Warlord Alpha.

But in response to Einar's Puppy: I'm glad you noticed the fixed glyphs on Infected Glade. I'm concerned that the Common Attack glyph maybe a bit too strong (even though it's located on the side of the map with the least amount of height.) So if you get to play some games on this map, let me know what you think about how that glyph affects your games.

Last edited by Panopticon; December 6th, 2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old December 5th, 2009, 11:43 PM

vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker vertigosmooth knows what's in an order marker

I have been lucky enough to play with Penopticon on all these maps and I think they are very well thought out. I have to give him props when it comes to his maps because I have seen how much work and trial and error he puts into them. I actually like the second one alot and have played many games on it. Anyway just wanted to come show some support for my local gaming groups cartographer. hehe

Dustin

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios