Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old March 9th, 2008, 09:21 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberMan

Anyway, it seems this post has gone way off topic, so lets end this one and move on, unless someone has something to add about the 2 Raelins.
The new Raelin has a bigger breast plate
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:26 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:

Anyway, it seems this post has gone way off topic, so lets end this one and move on, unless someone has something to add about the 2 Raelins.
It lifts and separates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:46 PM

UberMan has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara
Quote:

Im sorry, did you say something after bigger breast? My mind kinda wandered....

Quote:
It lifts and separates!
Cheers Guido!

UberMan

Old March 9th, 2008, 11:42 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
America's hat gets no respect. I don't know why. It's such a nice hat.

The rule on the Raelins and Drakes is like any other unique hero. You can only have one of the same named figure per army. So you could draft one and your opponent could draft one, but you can't take them both. No figure to date has been replaced or phased out, so both Drakes and both Raelins are perfectly valid in play.
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:31 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Something
You are exactly what this thread needed!

Did you pay $80 for the WoW boardgame yet?

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:28 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Something
You are exactly what this thread needed!

Did you pay $80 for the WoW boardgame yet?
No...as I posted in the other thread, I'm in no rush. It'll go on sale again eventually.

Not sure what the first part of your post is about, but whatever.
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM

StLouisBear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
New Raelin is a better fighter than the old one. The Whirlwind Special Attack helps her usefulness out. But I still like the +2 bonus of the original better.
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!
OMG! Keep it in the head people. :banana: :banana:
:banana:

I'm a F18, bro.
Old March 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLouisBear
New Raelin is a better fighter than the old one. The Whirlwind Special Attack helps her usefulness out. But I still like the +2 bonus of the original better.
Each offers a different playstyle. Unlike the new Drake, who is just flat out better in every stat than the old, the new Raelin offers a trade-off....she'll protect more figures, but won't protect them as well. I use old Raelin far more than the new, but when I have an army that I think is going to spread out a bit more as it advances I will use the new....her offensive ability helps with such an army as well.
Old March 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I personally don't like the new raelin very much. Heck, I don't like using the old raelin very much. I dislike defensive units very much. I can never roll defense dice so just rolling more will simply make me more annoyed, . I think RotV raelin is very good (even though I don't like using her). I dread and hate an army that includes her, debating: "Ok, how am I gonna take her out without losing half my army in the process?". SotM raelin is just too expensive and not helping out that much. Yes she has a good attack ability but her main area is to defend, if you want a good attacker there are plenty of others. I am sure she can be used pretty effectively but right now I'd say taking RotV raelin is a much better choice. That 40 points could go to something that can take outyour opponent's army.
Old March 11th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
New Raelin = Old Raelin + Deathreavers

That's the equation by points. In my opinion, I'll take the right half of the equation every time (if there are starting zone spaces for the rats, that is).
Old March 13th, 2008, 03:45 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
New Raelin = Old Raelin + Deathreavers

That's the equation by points. In my opinion, I'll take the right half of the equation every time (if there are starting zone spaces for the rats, that is).
That's the way I see it. Maybe instead of Deathreavers you could throw in Isamu and Marcu, and still have 10 spare points for the rest of your army. Those two together have a much larger capacity for dealing damage than SotM Raelin (unless you use her as a purely attack-based unit, which is dumb).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units