Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old January 4th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tony Hawk Project 8

I love the Tony Hawk games. Frikkin love 'em. I don't have all of them, mostly because they come out too fast, but I have absolutely enjoyed the heck out of every one I've ever played.

And then comes Project 8. It's fun. It's cool. I have a few new tricks now, and now I can score 400,000 point combos without breaking a sweat.

But I don't know if it's just because I got it for Xbox or what, but it has to be the buggiest console game I've ever owned. It freezes. It blanks. One time, my son got embedded inside a moving police car and dragged around for three minutes. Once I went up for a massive air and just never came down again. I can't play for more than 2 hours without it bugging out. I think the Neversoft guys must be getting complacent, because THPS3 is, in my opinion, one of the finest games ever crafted. Project 8 blows, not because it's not fun - it's a hoot when it works - but because the bugs are ruining it for me.

And the soundtrack mostly sucks. There's some Dead Milkmen, and Ramones, and mostly a bunch of crap.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:40 PM

Loco4DaMofo has disabled reputation
Project 8 has got to be the worst Tony Hawk game ever made (if you don't count THPS1 and 2). In my opinion, THUG is the best. THE FIRST ONE

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I don't like Tony Hawk games in general; probably because I understand nothing about skateboarding or any other extreme sports. But my friend does; and he says it's terrible. He had a similar incident, being dragged around, but I don't think it was by a police car. I wasn't really paying attention.
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM

I love skateboarding. In real life though, not on console.

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM

how do you add pics in your signature?????

Old May 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Tony Hawk Project 8

I loooooove Tony Hawk games!!! I consider myself pro at them, haha. My highest score currently is an 81,000,000 combo (in one set of tricks without stopping/landing it) in THUG1's level manhattan. In project 8 my highest score is only 5 or 6,000,000, but tha's because i don't know how to add specials or change my character's tricks.
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Tony Hawk Project 8

Here's my high scores for the THUG1: (without using any cheats)

(to make it easier - #,000,000 = #million )

THUG1:
New Jersey - 24,000,000
Manhattan - 81,000,000
Tampa - 24,000,000
Hawaii - 44,000,000
Moscow - 28,000,000

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games