Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old June 15th, 2023, 11:24 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape is coming back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Do we think there’s any possibility of CVN/the War Council being a part of the design team this time around? With Craig working at Avalon Hill I imagine there being an issue, but this is his brainchild! It’d feel wrong not to have him at the helm
With having zero actual knowledge on the matter in mind, I'm guessing there's a 'no compete' involved that would keep any Hasbro employee from working with/for a competitor. That said, my guess is pretty much anything can be negotiated and maybe Renegade asked if they could have CVN included in a consulting role in the licensing deal.

All that to say probably not, but maybe.

-insert signature here-
Old June 15th, 2023, 11:49 AM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

I'm super hyped for this!! Hoping for several things such as a more orignal Heroscape aesthetic (Waves 1-9), original Heroscape packaging choices (smaller packs) along with terrain packs, and I love that this isn't crowd funded!

I hope they're prepainted, but it's not a dealbreaker if they aren't.

Star Wars X-Wing and Armada have fallen off a cliff since the AMG acquisiton, so my bank account is ready for an exclusive Heroscape beating lol
Old June 15th, 2023, 12:16 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
With having zero actual knowledge on the matter in mind, I'm guessing there's a 'no compete' involved that would keep any Hasbro employee from working with/for a competitor.

Renegade isn't exactly in competition with Hasbro/Avalon Hill/WotC.
They're handling major Hasbro IP (Transformers/GI Joe/My Little Pony), and long-time Avalon Hill games like Axis & Allies.

They're closer to a 3rd-party outsourced developer. Hasbro still gets a cut from the licensing deal, and minimizes their risk. It remains in their interest for Renegade products to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old June 15th, 2023, 01:08 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
With having zero actual knowledge on the matter in mind, I'm guessing there's a 'no compete' involved that would keep any Hasbro employee from working with/for a competitor.
Renegade isn't exactly in competition with Hasbro/Avalon Hill/WotC.
They're handling major Hasbro IP (Transformers/GI Joe/My Little Pony), and long-time Avalon Hill games like Axis & Allies.

They're closer to a 3rd-party outsourced developer. Hasbro still gets a cut from the licensing deal, and minimizes their risk. It remains in their interest for Renegade products to sell.
Being partners does not mean they are not competitors. There is clearly some competition in the tabletop gaming hobby space in the products that Renegade and Avalon Hill produce. It is not uncommon for companies to work together on some projects and compete in others.

Whether or not Hasbro employees could work with partners is, presumably, decided by the various legal contracts. And whether or not people's schedules even have room for cross-company work.
Old June 16th, 2023, 12:59 AM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've seen a lot of talk about wanting the prepainted over unpainted minis. Of course prepainted (which I also want) is going to cost more. The question is how much of an increase in price is it worth it for prepainted minis?

IMO maybe about a 20% increase in price is worth it. Maybe 30%. It it really does increase the price more than that, I guess I'd be willing to paint them myself, and I would end up doing that. I have figures for some other games I'd kind of like to paint too so that would make it twice as worth the money to spend on the paint. However I really don't want to spend all that extra time painting them either. Just curious how much extra others would pay? Maybe I'll look into starting a poll
Old June 16th, 2023, 09:30 AM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!

Well.

Well, well, well.

Coming out of retirement yet again to post: cautiously optimistic.

As a GI Joe fan, I've loved some of what Renegade has done with that IP (the card game) and disliked some of what they've done (the RPG). The good news is Heroscape already has rules, so they can't mess that up.

I'm very curious to hear WHO, exactly, is the Heroscape team at Renegade. Beyond that, I'm looking forward to losing more money on terrain, at the very least...
Old June 16th, 2023, 02:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

C3G has GI Joe cards if you are interested.
Old June 16th, 2023, 03:36 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
IMO maybe about a 20% increase in price is worth it. Maybe 30%.
From what I've heard of the current industry, 100% increase at least. Probably more.
Old June 16th, 2023, 04:30 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I already paint minis for games like Marvel Crisis Protocol, D&D, A Song of Ice & Fire, ect. I am down for more painting. Either way though, I am happy to be getting more Heroscape regardless of whether the minis are painted or not.

Another thing, I see no reason why they wouldn't put out the stuff we saw in AoA. They're part of the Heroscape brand, so I imagine they were part of the licensing deal. Why would they not use characters that already have sculpts, cards, and digital assets for? It would speed up the process to produce what is already ready for release while they start work on future expansions past the AoA characters.

Heroscape is back! WOOOOO!
Old June 16th, 2023, 04:45 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
I already paint minis for games like Marvel Crisis Protocol, D&D, A Song of Ice & Fire, ect. I am down for more painting. Either way though, I am happy to be getting more Heroscape regardless of whether the minis are painted or not.

Another thing, I see no reason why they wouldn't put out the stuff we saw in AoA. They're part of the Heroscape brand, so I imagine they were part of the licensing deal. Why would they not use characters that already have sculpts, cards, and digital assets for? It would speed up the process to produce what is already ready for release while they start work on future expansions past the AoA characters.

Yeah I'd like if they just started with AOA so we don't have to wait a longer amount of time to get anything
Old June 16th, 2023, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
It's dangerous to assume they have the license to AoA material. Licenses are not usually "all in one" deals that includes everything for a franchise. Without seeing the contracts we don't know what they entail. There might even be additional costs to purchase the new sculpts, designs, etc.

The AoA content isn't free of controversy either. Advancing the story into the future, adding new generals (which may not even be part of the license), changes to classic gameplay like multi-Life squads, etc. The new factions weren't universally loved, either, and many pined for more from the classic factions as well as historical units. AoA was changing the game, and we don't know if Renegade wants to take up that direction, go back to something more classic, or do something else entirely. Heck, they may not even be thinking about that yet.
Old June 16th, 2023, 06:48 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah in all honesty I’m not particularly attached to AoA. I’m personally feeling pretty neutral on the whole thing and I’ll be fine if it’s there or if it isn’t.

That said if it were me who was in charge I would probably avoid AoA at least for the first or second new additions to the new game. I agree with the idea that some people are gonna have some negative emotions tied to the product, and I would probably want people to have an open mind to what is a new attempt at relaunching the game. It’s not a statement about the quality of work that was done with AoA, just that the situation is complicated.

And thinking on it further if I were in charge I’d probably look into reprints of iconic figures. It’s one thing to get new stuff out there, but it might be smart to get people who weren’t buying a ton when the game was out or haven’t played caught up with what is considered popular and useful by the community.

I know when AoA was being talked about we were talking about accessibility within scape and I still think we’ll need to definitely keep the topic in mind when we learn more about what’s gonna happen.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News