Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 18th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Greatest finds

I got 1 fully ROTV master set and 1 RTTFF set (missing 3 trees) for free from my friend, and 1 ROTV, 1 Orm's Return, 1 RTTFF set, and 3/4 of wave 5 for only $40 total from my causin. I say those are bargins.
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:37 PM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

My greatest find is either the SotM set I found for $20 or the castle set I found for $15. There's also that Nerak I got for $50 and the Woo that I got for $40.

Yeah, I'm the kind of guy who has a better chance finding Carmen SanDiego than finding a good deal.

Pathdoc, I'll buy those EOV off of you for $10. That's 10 times what you paid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
My greatest find is either the SotM set I found for $20 or the castle set I found for $15. There's also that Nerak I got for $50 and the Woo that I got for $40.

Yeah, I'm the kind of guy who has a better chance finding Carmen SanDiego than finding a good deal.

Pathdoc, I'll buy those EOV off of you for $10. That's 10 times what you paid!
Yeah, I had to get my Nerak for $71, OUNCH!
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:01 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Best deal I ever got was from a scaper here who decided to get out of Heroscape because he was playing more PC games.

I had to drive to pick it up, 40 minutes each way, through Philadelphia (I was in SJ). I got lost 3 times. My wife made me take the 1-year old with me. But it was worth it.

His collection:

2 or 3 ROTV
1 or 2 SoTM
1 Tundra
1 Lava
1 Castle
1 Nerak
Waves 1-6: 1 of each hero, 3 of each common
Wave 7: 1 of each
All 5 Flag Bearers
A nice 50 gal tote with rollers..

for the lump sum of...

$500

I sold off what I already had (not much) and what I didn't want (undead, marro, 1 of each common at least, lava set, nerak) and ended up keeping all the flag bearers and completing my collection of 2 of each common and one of each hero for pretty much free.

So I've spent less than $500 for my whole collection of heroscape.

Original Trade thread:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=12807
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The best deal I got was the pile of Neraks I got for free from my local TRU.

A close second was scoring a couple of full sets of Wave 2 for the startlingly low price of $2 a booster on a Target clearance end cap.

The old Toys R Us buy one get one free sales were sometimes nice as well. I remember getting 8 of the Volcarrens for $59.96...not bad, not bad. If only I'd bought more.

Old June 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker

2 FOTA at WalMart for $1 each! Best shopping day ever!

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old June 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM

dmacleod66 Woo who?

for me so far i have to say its the utgar flag bearer at retail.
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:40 PM

SVD997 knows what's in an order marker SVD997 knows what's in an order marker

2 RotV at $4 apiece. Yay Kmart not marking the actual price on the box.
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:55 PM

DS-00-0, FSD has disabled reputation

I thought this was odd:

I was out in Nebraska for a family reunion this past weekend. I stopped into the Super Walmart in McCook, NE and start looking around the toy aisle with me son (he's looking for the Roadblock figure for his GIJOE collection ). As we're going down the game aisle, I see something odd waaaaaaaay down on a bottom shelf:

EIGHT ROTV starters... with the EOV exclusives.

I was sorely tempted to pick them up... but the van was packed as tight as it could be and getting 8 Starters in there would mean having to leave behind one of the kids in Nebraska.
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-00-0, FSD View Post

I was sorely tempted to pick them up... but the van was packed as tight as it could be and getting 8 Starters in there would mean having to leave behind one of the kids in Nebraska.
Just pin $20.00 to their shirt and wish 'em luck...

Newb.~who is just kidding!
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-00-0, FSD View Post

Just pin $20.00 to their shirt and wish 'em luck...

Newb.~who is just kidding!

Of course you were kidding....(It would cost at least $32.50 for the kid to get from Nebraska to Illinois)
Old June 18th, 2008, 07:07 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

Wow, were a nice bunch of scapers here

but on subject I would have to say getting half my collection from tourneys, Christmas, and B-Day for free, otherwise sadly i haven't gotten any discounts

DeadEye

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion