Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: DnD Heroscape Maps - change in design?

Everything is better with lava.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 24th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have not read anyone posting this yet:

I assume that the edges of the "dungeon" tiles are going to be "walls if they do not connect to another tile. In other words: no LOS across gaps from one dungeon tile to another, like in regular HeroScape.

That would make for a lot more options in Map design with fewer tiles.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:45 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post

I assume that the edges of the "dungeon" tiles are going to be "walls if they do not connect to another tile. In other words: no LOS across gaps from one dungeon tile to another, like in regular HeroScape.

That's not a bad idea. That would make sense, especially if WotC doesn't come out with walls in a later expansion. That would make for interesting map design too, like you said.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old August 25th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

From the first post in the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
... You could make the voids "dungeon walls" and not allow shooting around corners for range attack to make it more of an "underdark" feeling.
Basically the same thing, just said a little differently.
Old August 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

From the first post in the thread

Quote:
... You could make the voids "dungeon walls" and not allow shooting around corners for range attack to make it more of an "underdark" feeling.
Basically the same thing, just said a little differently.
Almost (and I missed that completely, have some pos rep), but I am expecting it to be a feature of the new terrain. So if your LOS passes over an edge between a dungeon tile and a void, there is no LOS, but in all other void LOS situations there is.

The weird thing is, I never even doubted that that is how these dungeon tiles will work. From the first time I saw them I said: well, that's obviously how they'll work. I might be completely wrong about it, as I have no basis to assume this is how it'll work, but I don't think so...

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old August 26th, 2009, 09:55 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Good ideas merged here with creative design--very nice! What would the starting hexes be for the Evil Side? Of course, we still don't know what the Dark Pools do...
Old August 29th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Good ideas merged here with creative design--very nice! What would the starting hexes be for the Evil Side? Of course, we still don't know what the Dark Pools do...
My guess is they have synergy for certain army cards and possibly provide some kind of enhancement like +1defense for hiding in darkness or similar d20 roll.
Old September 25th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Nice designs, Retlaw.

Old September 28th, 2009, 11:42 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Well maybe we can talk WoTC into releasing a terrain expansion sometime in '10 to suppliment the MS#3? Narrow dungeon walls would be pretty, but are probably not cost effective at this time so we'll be using the void/LOS rule for a while...But if they did release a dungeon wall expansion they would sell very well indeed.

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News