Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 5th, 2022, 10:39 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: In Which Dysole Tries To Give Map Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Asylum

Needs doors to trap figures inside the middle and really sell the theme.

#DysoleMapReviews
Not the Asylum definition I intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxford Languages
Asylum
The protection granted by a nation to someone who has left their native country as a political refugee.
Quote:
Asylum

Didn't actually play with enough figures to fit in the water start zones so didn't know they were there. Looking at the map though my first thought regarding them was "Pain". I actually liked the way the middle played a lot even if it quickly became a game of 4th and Romans hogging the whole place (my defense dice were atrocious this game as HSBs decided to have the staying power of Cutters) but my opponents still had to think carefully in this middle area about how they were going to play.

I absolutely hated the side hills though. It's way too easy for range to set up on either side and make anything with 5 move really pay the price. I lost so many Brutes to 4th and MBS and got maybe one attack in response. The "staging ground" right about the water start zones felt like a good deployment point (and we had Q10 sit there for a while firing his merciful wrist rocket before he moved to the center) but I liked it more for filling from the sides rather than up from the water. You can probably lose the battlements by their lonesomes on that whole section as melee would really like to throw an extra dude up there and the battlements make that harder.

Overall, I think the stuff I liked about this map I liked a lot and the stuff I hated about this map I hated a lot.

~Dysole, with no idea how helpful this feedback is
This is some great feedback! I am really glad the center played well for you. That was the part I liked the most but was also my biggest cause for curiosity.

Speaking of curiosity, do you remember which side your opponents approached the side hills from (sand or grass)? They're both pretty similar so it probably doesn't matter, but again, just curious. Regardless, I will keep an eye on this in future games and if your situation becomes a pattern I will start working on a solution.

The water start zones/battlements are intended to punish extra large armies. You can always put flying figures back there or 5 height, 5 move (or any comparable figure) can still climb over to land on the level 2 road spaces. It's not a big deal to change it but that's the idea.

Thanks again for your time and feedback!
Old May 5th, 2022, 10:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Recollection

MBS came up sand way. 4th came up grass way. MBS was able to sit on the sand off the road and shoot until there was a screen to protect him and 4th just were able to camp onto that grass hill way too easily.

~Dysole, again noting that she did have awful defense dice so sample size of one and all that

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios