Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 4th, 2018, 09:56 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: HS2010's Map Thread - 2 ARV Contest Submission Maps - 3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
I like this one. Don't know how'd you go about it, or if it's possible, but I'd try to extend the road on the left side (via each start zone) closer to each start zone. If you had 2 spare 2-hex roads would do the trick. Maybe take from the corners of each far side, and try to reconnect the roads through the forest area(s) right by the glyph(s) thus connecting with less road spaces (and use those extra spaces to extend closer to each start zone on the left side).

But other than that I think it's a strong build. The tree placements are in really great spots relative to the height and (most) road placements and the middle will have quite interesting play.
Thanks for the feedback! I drew on Dignan’s Sear, who’s Road does kind the same thing here.

I’m more thankful that I have more road to work with and can loop it around on each side and make the center wider. I did see your feedback as “potential feedback” when I was building the map and that’s why I gave the left sides the single hex perches. Those perches are the highest points on the map, only rivaled by the 2-hex grass in the center.

Besides the fact that I think there are pros and cons in moving to both sides, extending the road on the left sides and allowing figures moving that way to reach road on the first turn allows them to get far down the road on the opposition’s right side on their second. And even if I did remove the two back roads by the SZ, every other piece is used from the set besides for 17 water pieces so I’d have no idea how to replace them anyways.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios