Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios This is the place to put all of our D&D adventure type scenarios. Come here when you want to browse user submitted adventures.

Old January 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A Collection of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boottrap View Post
After finally using it in a battle, I've reworded it nicely...

Mirror Shield- (permanent treasure glyph) When this figure rolls defense dice against a non-adjacent attacking figure, and rolls more shields than the attacking figure rolls skulls, the attack is negated, and this figure immediately launches the same attack at the attacking figure.

Not really shorter, but it's more clear, I think...

I've also used this trap a few times, and liked it...I just threw a name together to post it here, so you're welcome to change it...

Life Drain Trap- The figure attempting to pick up this treasure glyph recieves an amount of wounds equal to half of its remaining life (rounded up to the nearest whole number)

And one more that I just thought of, and hope to try out soon...

Phantom Extension- (permanent treasure glyph) When this figure attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack you may choose one other figure within 3 spaces of this figure (no clear line of sight is needed) this figure is also affected by the normal attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures, figures roll defense dice seperately.
Added
Old March 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Here is the trap I've come up with for Valley War I:

Burrowing Arrow
An enchanted arrow fired from a hidden shaft strikes you, magically digging itself deeper long after its momentum should have been spent.
Roll an attack die. If it is a skull the target takes a wound and roll another attack die, if it is a symbol roll another attack die, if it is a shield stop. If the second die roll is a skull the target takes a wound and roll another attack die, if it is a symbol roll another attack die, if it is a shield stop. If the third die roll is a skull the target takes a wound.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old March 24th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Added
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Here is the trap I've come up with for Valley War I:

Burrowing Arrow
An enchanted arrow fired from a hidden shaft strikes you, magically digging itself deeper long after its momentum should have been spent.
Roll an attack die. If it is a skull the target takes a wound and roll another attack die, if it is a symbol roll another attack die, if it is a shield stop. If the second die roll is a skull the target takes a wound and roll another attack die, if it is a symbol roll another attack die, if it is a shield stop. If the third die roll is a skull the target takes a wound.
Old May 27th, 2011, 06:14 AM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

reported

Neo is Heavy Grut...
in LAUR DETENTION FACILITY
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, since its necroed... I have some ideas, but no names.

Your opponent may instantly take a turn with the figure that triggered the trap.

The figure that triggered the trap has its attack and defense switched. Inflict 1 wound on that figure.

The figure that triggered the trap adds 1 to their attack, and is placed by the opponent in the starting zone.

Trap of Sacrifice- the figure that triggered the trap is placed by the triggerer in the opponent's starting zone. The figure's defense is lowered to 1.

Trap of engagement- any friendly figure that moves through a space adjacent to the figure that triggered the trap must roll for disengage.

Trap of initiative- subtract 3 from any initiative roll.

The controller of the figure may not use his or her "X" marker.

The figure who triggered the trap replaces their species, class, and personality with "none" (This takes away bonding and synergy in a lot of figures)
Old May 27th, 2011, 10:24 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Boomerang- Permanant treasure glyph: Gives the holder "Boomerang SA"

Boomerang SA:
Choose a path of up to eight spaces. All figures on those spaces are affected. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures, each figure rolls defence seprately. If the last space of the boomerang's path is not adjacent to the equipped figure, discard boomerang.

Pitfall trap- Replace the treasure glyph with a glyph of Proftaka.

Nothing really awesome, just something I plan to use on a Link custom, and a trap I've been using for forever.
Old May 30th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How much attack does the boomerang have? I'd go with 2, because a possible 3 attack on 8 figures is a little overpowerful.

On to some treasure glyphs-

If an "X" order marker is on the hero with the glyph, you may attack twice with the figure by revealing it.

Each time the figure holding this glyph is attacked, you may remove one skull from the opponent's attack.

If this figure has at least 2 wounds, add 1 to its defense.
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Well, since its necroed... I have some ideas, but no names.

Your opponent may instantly take a turn with the figure that triggered the trap.

The figure that triggered the trap has its attack and defense switched. Inflict 1 wound on that figure.

The figure that triggered the trap adds 1 to their attack, and is placed by the opponent in the starting zone.

Trap of Sacrifice- the figure that triggered the trap is placed by the triggerer in the opponent's starting zone. The figure's defense is lowered to 1.

Trap of engagement- any friendly figure that moves through a space adjacent to the figure that triggered the trap must roll for disengage.

Trap of initiative- subtract 3 from any initiative roll.

The controller of the figure may not use his or her "X" marker.

The figure who triggered the trap replaces their species, class, and personality with "none" (This takes away bonding and synergy in a lot of figures)
Hey Robber,
Thank you for contributing. As this thread is stickied it is actually always active and cannot be "necroed". So please, add to the thread as often as you get a good ideas.

Now as far as what you have here. I think some of these are actually in the thread under various trap names. If you would please go through and double check to make sure they do not already exist on the list, to avoid duplication I'd be happy to add them and attribute the credit to you. Please be sure to make them clear and understandable. I don't really request "official" language just as long as there is no room for doubt and the entry is preferably written as simple as possible. IE: subtract 3 from any initiative roll" is a little vague,

Thanks.

@Kaemon Awa 123
Is the Boomerang SA a set number, or is it equal to the figures normal attack?

I like the Pitfall Trap simple, straight-foward, and effective. Infortunately there is already a very similar trap by the same name. So if it's alright with you I'll rename it Pit-Trap.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; May 30th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old June 5th, 2011, 11:05 AM

Heroscapeguy Woo who?

For quite a while now, I have been wanting to learn to Play D&D. So I stopped by the library picked up a copy of D&D for dummies ( lol). I got home and started reading. It was awesome! Until about page 120. After that it became terribly boring. But there was some elements that I really liked about it, like having a dungeon master and earning money to buy weapons. However incorporating D&D weapons into Heroscape will be hard. Every good scaper knows that an extra attack die can really affect the game. So to make this work, I will have to make a new set of rules.

This game would be for people who love Heroscape but dint have the patience to learn D&D. I can't do it alone, so I need your feedback. Or if you think it's a horrible idea, tell me.

The only thing wrong with vacations is that there's no Heroscape!
Old June 5th, 2011, 02:09 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Heroscapeguy: Have you ever seen my weapon cards? It's an easy way to power-up your heroes. Check 'em out.

Old June 5th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscapeguy View Post
This game would be for people who love Heroscape but dint have the patience to learn D&D. I can't do it alone, so I need your feedback. Or if you think it's a horrible idea, tell me.
Ok

It seems interesting, but isn't that why treasure glyphs exist?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 5th, 2011, 08:31 PM

Heroscapeguy Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
@Heroscapeguy: Have you ever seen my weapon cards? It's an easy way to power-up your heroes. Check 'em out.

You are awesome! expect to see some of mine soon ( unless I can't download the template)

The only thing wrong with vacations is that there's no Heroscape!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios