Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 10th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Metallo - Designing

So what's the theme behind him only being able to do it once and then lowering his defense? Does his heart get destroyed or power-sapped in the process of weaponizing it?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 10th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Cool stuff. A few notes:

1) I think Criminal is at least worth considering as a class. I really like the idea of he and business suit Lex having that synergy.

2) Is it 3 attack dice or 4? For not being able to use it more than once and for sacrificing defense afterwards for the rest of the game, I almost think it should be 5 ...

KRYPTONITE HEART SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4.
Any figure adjacent to Metallo is affected by this special attack. Roll 3 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Kryptonian figures cannot roll any defense dice against this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, Metallo rolls 2 fewer defense dice for the remainder of the game. Metallo can only use this special attack once per game.

3) It's not 100% clear here - does he get to roll only if you start to leave an engagement with him or if you start to move in general? The triggers here seem to imply both and don't make it completely clear which is true. I'd assume from the text that it's the former (when leaving engagements only) but I think we've got to be able to make that clearer in the first part of the first sentence.

CLAMP AND CLAW
When an opponent's small or medium figure that is engaged with Metallo starts to move, instead of rolling a leaving engagement attack for Metallo, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound and cannot move.

Cool stuff overall! I like the take on Cyberclaw that is a bit more interesting and not as gamebreaking!
  1. I like Criminal.
  2. It is supposed to be 4. I left some text from a previous version on accident. I think 5 is a real possibility though, however, it would yield two and a half skulls which are unblockable. That may be too much. I think I like an attack of 4.
  3. It occurs when a figure that is engaged to Metallo tries to move (like Psyonic Grip) and only works when you could roll a LEA but decide not too. I will try to stream line the power a bit. I had a more streamed version at one point. I will see what I can do.
@ Everyone, If we are not loving the SA, I have an idea that can get rid of it altogether, and replace it with a KRYPTONITE HEART special power that starts with a marker on his card that represents his heart closed. Once removed, he loses some defense but gains specific Kryptonite powers that hurt kryptonians. Please let me know if you guys think we should go in that direction.
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:34 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So what's the theme behind him only being able to do it once and then lowering his defense? Does his heart get destroyed or power-sapped in the process of weaponizing it?
In the comics, exposing his heart weakens him at times, but definitely makes him more vulnerable. I think it is possible to ditch the SA angle and go with a "marker on/marker off" mechanic.
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:34 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wouldn't mind seeing what you have for that ... I like what you have now too, I just am not sure the theme translates 100% clearly for those of us only semi-familiar with the character.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 10th, 2011, 02:35 AM

Retitling might help sell the theme for me more clearly, though - something like "Exposed Kryptonite Heart Special Attack." It's a mouthful, but I think it helps me visualize what's going on better.

Old September 10th, 2011, 02:54 AM

If the group likes the SA direction, I think that is a good title too.
Old September 10th, 2011, 02:57 AM

I like the SA, but I don't know how much I like it compared to the other possibility until I see the other possibility.

Old September 10th, 2011, 07:58 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The marker idea sounds interesting. It helps translate the theme a bit too. The marker would be green? and could function a little bit like kryptonite glyph?
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM

METALLO
JOHN CORBEN

CYBORG
UNIQUE HERO
CRIMINAL
RELENTLESS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7
POINTS = ??250??

EXPOSED KRYPTONITE HEART
While there are 3 or more wound markers on this card, Metallo and Kryptonian figures within 3 spaces of Metallo roll 2 fewer attack and defense dice.

or

EXPOSED KRYPTONITE HEART
Start the game with the Glyph of Green Kryptonite on this card power-side down. Turn the glyph power-side down if there are less than 3 Wound Markers on this card. Turn the glyph power-side up When there are 3 or more wound markers on this card and Metallo rolls 2 fewer defense dice. Metallo cannot lose this glyph by any means unless he is destroyed.

CLAMP AND CLAW
Any time an opponent would begin the movement of a figure engaged with Metallo, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound and cannot move.

CYBERNETIC REPAIR X
At the end of the round, if you reveal your X Order Marker on any Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Cybernetic Repair X special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

1. Criminal Class
  2. New EXPOSED KRYPTONITE HEART with Glyph of Green Kryptonite mechanics and a title that helps understand the theme better. There are two directions we could go in on that one. I am really looking for some feedback there and we may poll it out if necessary, unless there is a clear census on where to go.
  3. Improved and streamlined CLAMP AND CLAW based on Jean Grey's Psionic Grip wording.
I like this a lot. I hope all of you do as well.

Last edited by Griffin; September 10th, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old September 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Love it. Great rewrites.

Old September 10th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like the version with the Glyph. I have that Glyph printed, but it doesn't see many games.

Looks good Griffin.
Old September 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I like the Glyph power too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library