Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 10th, 2008, 01:32 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!
Future Cavalry

There is a thread about future Kyrie commons so I thought I would start a future Cavalry thread.

Post your Ideas for new additions to Cavalry or debate why you think that this theme should not be continued because it leads down the road of making every general have close to having the same units (another one of my opinions).

One of my biggest hopes are Centaurs for Ullar:

3 double-hex figures
Move: 8
Range: 1
Attack: 3 (or 4)
Defense: 4
Cost: 100

Passing Swipe: Any one Centaur may take his one normal attack at any point during his normal move instead of after.

Disengage: blah blah blah (its a really cool thing)

For Vydar I'm seeing Agents on MOTORCYCLES(!):

3 double-hex figures
Range: 5
Attack: 2
Defense: 5
Cost: 110-130(?)

Abilities: Tough (anyone?)

For Einar? I have no idea (other than samurai on horses, but please lets try something not human).

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:05 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Future Cavalry

When I read the thread title, I got the impression that it was "cavalry" from the future! Although, you do seem to touch on that with Vydar motorcycles. Post-apocalyptic biker gangs who joust for fun?

Centaurs would be rockin' as well. I've been playing the old Genesis game Shining Force lately, so ideas for centaur characters have been on my mind. I would like to see centaurs portrayed more in the way Shining Force does it (mounted knight style) than purely nature-aligned creatures. I mean, that's what dryads are for, isn't it?

For "future" cavalry, let's see some hovercycles or something.

Or how about a squadron of gruts mounted on pterodactyls! Yeah! I would definitely just swoop them around making pterodactyl noises and forget the game...
Old December 10th, 2008, 07:29 AM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

Nice idea for the centaurs. How would elves on pegasuses(pegasese?) do I wonder?
Agents on motorbikes might be cool, but I think Hasbro will give us something different(like Tapir riding Primadons or something.)(THAT would be weird)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
For Einar? I have no idea (other than samurai on horses, but please lets try something not human).
Honestely, I think we will get samurai on horses, or maybe even Roman cavalry. But here's what would be really cool: Mongols. Something like a Me-Burq-Sa squad with disengage or something like that.

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Super Bowel

Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker Simpsons Scaper knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

3 double-hex figures

5 Defence with tough? I'd say give them charging assult or first strike.

Without dark, there is no light.
Without bad HScape figs, there are no good ones.
Dund is important, therefore
Old December 10th, 2008, 08:18 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarofEarendil View Post
How would elves on pegasuses(pegasese?) do I wonder?

STAROFEARENDIL: How do you do, Ulginesh?
ULGINESH: Very well, thank you.
Old December 10th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

I know I posted the bear cavalry image some time ago, but it is still one of my favorite. Who knows, maybe we will see it some time.

Bears for Ullar:

Of course, if you don't like bears, there is always tigers for Einar:

And of course penguins -- an army, not cavalry for Vydar:
Old December 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsons Scaper View Post
Quote:

3 double-hex figures

5 Defence with tough? I'd say give them charging assult or first strike.
Maybe I should have added that they would have reduced defense if they had tough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarofEarendil View Post
How would elves on pegasuses(pegasese?) do I wonder?
Pegasi (Plural)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
I know I posted the bear cavalry image some time ago, but it is still one of my favorite. Who knows, maybe we will see it some time.

Bears for Ullar:
Bears would be scary, but the russians(?) on their backs would turn into elves I'm assuming.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old December 10th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to see a Mongol Cavalry. They could be the first ranged cavalry as the Mongols wer skilled at shooting arrows while riding. They wouldn't be Jandar, but could fit into Utgar, Einar, and maybe Vydar. They could even have Genghis Khan as a warlord with bonding.
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I really like the Centaurs for Ullar idea. Seems like it would fit prefectly with the theme and even though Elves riding Unicorns would fit too, I would prefer to see them branch out a bit and not just do more elves.

For Vydar an Agent era biker gang would be cool. Like the Hells Angels of the future. I could also see them going with some Apes riding jet bikes too. I just see a problem with movement as a jet bike should be way faster then a horse and the calvary already have a range or 8.

For Eniar I imagine they will go with some Samuri and if they do I really like the Tiger Samuri shown above. Eniar seems to have mostly humans so even if it isn't Samuri it will most likely be something found on Earth. A squad of Mongol Raiders does sound like a good idea too.

As for Aquilla, Native American Calvary might work. Either that or something riding on the back of a giant insect could be cool.
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I posted a while back that I'd like to see some dragon rider squads. That would be awesome.
Old December 10th, 2008, 03:41 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 10th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Don't forget the long awaited Einar war elephant. Most people still think of it as Carthaginian but I would prefer to see one from Southeast Asia or India with a howdah full of archers on top myself. Maybe the unit could be considered to have a height of 6 greater than their current elevation when attacking or something like that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion