Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker
Re: Pokescape

I would say make a maximum of 6 dice rolled, either by decreasing the bonus or decreasing the starting power.
Old February 7th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcythe View Post
Lastly I am surprised no one has even mentioned baton pass. How is that move going to work?
Well, we could either have a Mystery Dungeon style thing and randomly rearrange the positions of the Pokemon within an x-space radius, a traditional style thing and have a Pokemon in clear sight switch with the user, or just stick with the mechanics for Red Skull's "Master Manipulator". I'm not so sure I like the last one, but it seems the easiest to pull off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
(For those of you interested in making campaigns, I un-call Meteor Falls at the current time. It's more complicated than I anticipated)
We'll probably find a way, but holding off is a good idea; building ramps, walls, and other such thing is no easy feat when working with hexes as opposed to squares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
On another related note:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wik...3%A9mon_Sunday

Looks like we'll have some more to work with soon.
Holy crap, how did I miss this?

I'm clueless on the entire "Z" thing, though. Anyone care to fill me in on what that means?

Anyways, if Japan is getting it late this year, we're hopefully going to get it a bout a year from now. Awesomesauce! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
THUNDERSHOCK
Range 5, Attack: 4
For every friendly Pikachu adjacent to this Pikachu roll an additional attack die when using this Special attack. No more than 3 dice can be added this way
Love this version. I think that this would be great without Quick Attack being multiple movements in order to make it possible, but still is reasonably on the same line of the attack. I'll edit the card sometime today and put this on there.

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old February 7th, 2010, 11:32 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Gllad you liked it. If we want to move it down do a base roll of 3 dice instead of 4 that would be pretty good I think. For quick attack I know there are multiple versions of it but I dont know what most of them are. I tihnk the version I posted was like an initiative booster or something but I am sure that has changed. Would someone care to post what the most finalized version of quick attack is? I think whatever it is it needs to stay fairly simple and it needs to be a move that other pokemon will be able to utilize as Quick Attack is fairly a common move.

I would like to move on to other Pokemon soon because I think we have beaten this Pikachu idea to death. Lets all agree via poll or in post voting or whatever and get a move on.

Old February 7th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about Abra? It would be nice for Silph Co., and I already have some ideas.

Old February 7th, 2010, 11:47 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

Double post I know but here are some other random thoughts I would like to put out there.

First, pokemon inspired maps are an interesting concept and Iam sure we will need a few once we get a decent roster of these figured out. However I don think we are quite there yet so I suggest we drop the map topic now in this thread in order to concentrate on the units. If necessary someone can start a thread in the map section for those.

Second, I say that we take a hint from the extensive Marvel Customs group and produce several copies of the finalized cards once we get to that point. One can be a fully compatible classic card with general's logo and everything while another can be a seperate Pokescape only card that might be colored based on primary type with simplified weaknesses and resistance sort of like what the trading card game has.

Third, as I think it would be beneficial to come up with the biggest possible selection of heroscpae pokemon moves/powers I tihnk we should call the Thundershock being used for Pikachu either Pikachu's Thundershock or Group Thundershock. that way if we ever make like Magnemite or something we can give it a more generic Thundershock.

Last, what was ever decided on status abnormalities?
I thinkwe definitely need to includeat least the big ones such as Poison, Burn, Paralyze, Freeze and Sleep. Maybe Confusion. I say we hold off on finalizing these until we have a couple final cards made that dont use them, our "masterset" of figures. Then we can maybe venture into this territory.

....and thats all I have to say on that.

Old February 7th, 2010, 04:47 PM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoose38 View Post
Gllad you liked it. If we want to move it down do a base roll of 3 dice instead of 4 that would be pretty good I think. For quick attack I know there are multiple versions of it but I dont know what most of them are. I tihnk the version I posted was like an initiative booster or something but I am sure that has changed. Would someone care to post what the most finalized version of quick attack is? I think whatever it is it needs to stay fairly simple and it needs to be a move that other pokemon will be able to utilize as Quick Attack is fairly a common move.

I would think your version of Thundershock with three starting attack should be the one to be put on the card. To another note, I am for any version of quick attack that actualy allows you to attack first, whether it be an intitive bonus or somthing like charging assualt.

Or even somthing like this...

QUICK ATTACK
After moving and before attacking, if Pikachu on a hex that is within immediate range of any opponent's figure's normal or special attack, you may place place Pikachu on any space adjacent to the chosen figure. If you use Quick Attack this turn, you may only attack the chosen figure and may not use Thundershock till the your next turn.

First, pokemon inspired maps are an interesting concept and Iam sure we will need a few once we get a decent roster of these figured out. However I don think we are quite there yet so I suggest we drop the map topic now in this thread in order to concentrate on the units. If necessary someone can start a thread in the map section for those.

Agreed

Second, I say that we take a hint from the extensive Marvel Customs group and produce several copies of the finalized cards once we get to that point. One can be a fully compatible classic card with general's logo and everything while another can be a seperate Pokescape only card that might be colored based on primary type with simplified weaknesses and resistance sort of like what the trading card game has.

I realy thing anything regarding the cardgame should be left out of Pokescape. Including their horrible typing mechanic.

Third, as I think it would be beneficial to come up with the biggest possible selection of heroscpae pokemon moves/powers I tihnk we should call the Thundershock being used for Pikachu either Pikachu's Thundershock or Group Thundershock. that way if we ever make like Magnemite or something we can give it a more generic Thundershock.

Last, what was ever decided on status abnormalities?
I thinkwe definitely need to includeat least the big ones such as Poison, Burn, Paralyze, Freeze and Sleep. Maybe Confusion. I say we hold off on finalizing these until we have a couple final cards made that dont use them, our "masterset" of figures. Then we can maybe venture into this territory.

Whatever we do with them, make sure its compatible with moves like baton pass.
Quotations in bold.

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker

Last edited by zcythe; February 7th, 2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:37 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

I am not a huge fan of the card game either, but I do think their typing system may be something we could use as a base for ours. I am thinking that typing is what will determine what color the card borders are going to be and having 17 different card blanks to use for each type, while looking pretty cool, might be a little annoying to make. I have made 3 card blanks for the Fire, Electric and Psychic types using the symbols from the card game in place of general symbols and with the type name instead of the general's name. I think it looks pretty good but I did use the marvel styled cards which I think fits Pokemon alright. I can post the electric one in case we want to use it for Pikachu's card.

Old February 7th, 2010, 06:23 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

You might as well put it up so we can see it, and go from there. It sounds nice, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old February 7th, 2010, 06:55 PM
My Mask Fell Off...

Fair enough. The Electiric one I think is the lesser of the three but I kind of dislike yellow anyway.

I think that if we used the different gym badges as inspirations for the symbols I think that I/we could make 17 card templates for each of the 17 types. I am working on a dragon symbol using the Rising Badge.

Old February 7th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Shade Tree

I can't wait to see the Dragon one.

I also decided to go ahead and draft a card for Abra...

What do you guys think?

I kind of had to improvise a few things text-wise (mainly due to the fact that I need multiple layers to work with something effectively, and I copied the card as a whole), but it works all the same.

Edit: I also forgot to put the name. Ignore that, I'll put it in the next edit.

Also, some proposed rules for Sleep:
-unable to move and attack
-at the end of a turn, roll the d20 for each asleep figure; if a 16 or higher is rolled, it wakes up
-after 5 turns have passed and a figure has not woken up, it automatically wakes up

Last edited by Sup3rS0n1c; February 7th, 2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:36 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How does it wake up?
Old February 7th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Shade Tree

I edited in some rules for it. Obviously not final, but possible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards