Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:30 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Black_Charos's maps-new 8/2

Here's a new one I recently created-

Forest Fire
Takes 1 SotM, 1 FF, 1 VW, 400-600 points, Brandar glyphs represent treasure glyphs in the build instructions.

Download

I'd love to hear any thoughts/comments/concerns on this one .

Last edited by Black_Charos; August 2nd, 2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Black_Charos's maps- Forest Fire new 8/2!

You're trying to do a lot with a little, that's always an appreciative attempt. However, Forest Fire is the only map you've made that doesn't have room in the Start Zone for a player to draft the Hive... Not that that's likely to happen, anyway. Play should happen all across the map, and it should be quick and brutal with all that liquid lava.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Black_Charos's maps- Forest Fire new 8/2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
You're trying to do a lot with a little, that's always an appreciative attempt. However, Forest Fire is the only map you've made that doesn't have room in the Start Zone for a player to draft the Hive... Not that that's likely to happen, anyway. Play should happen all across the map, and it should be quick and brutal with all that liquid lava.
Thanks for pointing that out. In the original version, I had the start zone extending out onto the road, put after playtesting the map I changed it due to the fact that Syvarris, a Krav or the like could be within striking distance on the first turn if they started on the road. I tweaked it slightly to allow the hive.
Old August 4th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Titleless

Re: Black_Charos's maps- Molten Hills 8/4

Molten Hills
Takes 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 400-600 points

Download

Not too sure about the balance of this one, haven't played on it as of yet. I'd appreciate and pointers/ suggestions.
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Molten Hills

Download

Not too sure about the balance of this one, haven't played on it as of yet. I'd appreciate and pointers/ suggestions.
It looks pretty cool, but difficult for melee. Range would have a pretty easy time setting up a screen, then taking height and moving off the lava before the 3rd round. Hard to say without playtesting though.

What's up with the random 4 purple spaces in pink's starting zone?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Molten Hills

Download

It looks pretty cool, but difficult for melee. Range would have a pretty easy time setting up a screen, then taking height and moving off the lava before the 3rd round. Hard to say without playtesting though.

My color blindness .

Last edited by Black_Charos; August 4th, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old August 4th, 2012, 06:14 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Molten Hills

Download

My color blindness .
Don't fix it, it'll make everyone's day.
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Titleless

Well, I finally got around to fixing up my first map, Red Velvet. Here's the new version-

Red Velvet 2.0
Takes one RotV, one VW, and one RttFF.

Download

Old version
Spoiler Alert!

Better? Worse?

Last edited by Black_Charos; August 6th, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:32 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Black_Charos's battlefields- Red Velvet 2.0 8/6

You aren't allowed to have glyphs on Molten Lava peices.
Old August 6th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
You aren't allowed to have glyphs on Molten Lava peices.
The glyph is on a lava rock piece that's next to molten lava.

Also, I've added the SZ's to Ambush on the OP.

Last edited by Black_Charos; August 6th, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM

Oh, I couldn't tell. My bad. Looks good though.
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:33 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Well, I finally got around to fixing up my first map, Red Velvet. Here's the new version-

Red Velvet 2.0
Takes one RotV, one VW, and one RttFF.

Download

Old version
Spoiler Alert!

Better? Worse?
I think the new one is better. On both of them, I'm not sure about the balance of a map on which a glyph is (basically) only useable by Lava Resistant characters. Is there molten lava under the glyph?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios