Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old September 26th, 2008, 12:44 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: nyys Battle Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Couple more years I'll have my very own gaming minion.
And then you wont need Benji anymore
Old September 26th, 2008, 08:52 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Nah, Bengi has a little guy of his own. He's only 2 right now, but he'll be assimilated as well.

-insert signature here-
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Nah, Bengi has a little guy of his own. He's only 2 right now, but he'll be assimilated as well.
So screw the gaming minion..., you can have a Gaming Cult!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right now he's really good at knocking over stuff on the map

He does love the castle though. I had a big map with 2 castles set up for a while, and he would put figures and dice through the door and on the bridge.
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:10 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Al this talk of teaching young-uns reminds me of when i tried to teach my mom to play.
"Okay, there are four in a squad"
"but there are only two in this one! And this one has 9 in it!"
"It changes, and the wolves are common, you can use a bunch"
"Whatever, just tell me what dice to roll and I'll roll them"
So I now have an auto-dice tower.
Old September 27th, 2008, 06:53 PM

simplymenotu Woo who?

From the first post (snipped)

Quote:
Vipers frenzy, move adjacent to Mimring with height. Attack, get a couple wounds. Frenzy again, Mimring = dead.
What is "move adjacent to Mimring with height."?

I'm guessing your piece was next to Mimring but on a higher hex/tile than the base of Mimring (or above his wings?).

tyiafta

-simple
Old September 27th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That is correct, simplymenotu.

The height was important because it gave the vipers an additional attack die, for a total of 4.

3 attacks of 4 on Mimring's defense of 3 usually means Mimring is toast--even with 5 lives.
Old September 27th, 2008, 08:07 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

yep

-insert signature here-
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Played a 500pt game on a castle map last night with my son (6yrs old). He picked his own army (Q9, Laglor, Deadeye Dan, Dzu-Teh x2) while my (almost 4yr old) daughter selected my army (Jotun, Moriko, Kyntela, Morsebane, Theracus).

To keep a boring battle report short I'll cut right to the best part of the game.

This was the 1st time either of us had ever used Jotun in a game. My son had a squad of Dzu-Teh up on the castle wall attacking Theracus. Fortunately, Jotun was next to the wall they (the Dzu-Teh) were standing on and since he's height 10 is able to get adjacent to attack. This was when I looked at his card and rememberd his throwing ability.

So I explained to my son what I was going to try to do, and his eyes nearly popped out of his head. He thought it was the funniest thing in the world that I could "chuck" one of his guys out of the castle (as long as a sightline was kept). So I roll the D20 and... yes, I get a 16, time to throw an "ape" as my son was calling them.

Full sound effects are required when doing this. The hex I threw the Dzu-Teh too was also next to a tree, so I bashed him against it and had him fall to the ground. Both of the kids though it was hilarious... and of course my son wants Jotun in our next game. Yet another great Scape moment in our house.

FYI: The Dzu-Teh survived the damage roll.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; February 24th, 2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The throw can be a very fun ability, but it seems whenever I actually manage to get a successful throw I never actually get the damage roll I need, which always conjures up the image of the figure 'hitting the ground running'.
Fun moment.
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:46 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Agreed. I find myself using throw as a way to advance my own pieces more often than I use it to inflict wounds on my opponent.

It works nice to throw someone up a couple levels especially slow-moving squad figures.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I've been thinking how cool it would be to use Jotun's throw to throw one of your own figures up onto the wall. If the wall is high enough, you don't roll for damage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports