Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:42 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
Marrden Hounds vs Nikitas

When marrden hounds move in on Nikitas to plague them out, who gets to roll first for special abilities? Is the Nikita engagement strike rolled first or is the plague rolled first?

Logically it seems like engagement strike should be rolled first, but I have not seen anything for sure one way or the other.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:49 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker
Re: Marrden Hounds vs Nikitas

The Nakita rolls immediately when engaged whereas Marrden hounds roll after moving and before attacking... you are able to engage something before you finish moving.
The Nakitas roll first.

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

The Nakitas never roll. Engagement Strike only works against small or medium figures. The Marrden Hounds are large.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Engagement Strike only works against small and medium figures. Otherwise, yes, the Nakitas would get to roll first. (Entering an adjacent space doesn't necessarily mean the end of movement. Marro Plague only activates once movement is completely finished and you're ready to move on to the attack "phase.")

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:57 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Sounds good to me. Just thought I would check in here for confirmation.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:13 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
The Nakitas never roll. Engagement Strike only works against small or medium figures. The Marrden Hounds are large.
Wow... I can't believe I forgot about that... But if they could they would...

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away men’s hope.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So send those Wulsinu or Deathstalkers out to nab them Nakitas whenever you can!
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
So send those Wulsinu or Deathstalkers out to nab them Nakitas whenever you can!
Or Swogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:20 PM

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanNinja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
Wow... I can't believe I forgot about that... But if they could they would...
It's all good, there's no need for . Size restrictions are some of the easiest to overlook. On NHSD, a friend of mine used Me-Burq-Sa to take down an opponent's Q9 with two successful paralyzing stares... it was only when prizes were being doled out that they realized that Paralyzing Stare only works against small and medium units. Perhaps the ever so popular should actually be "Read the Whole Card."
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:32 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

Yeah, I killed someone's Su-Bak-NA with that special, he he...but not at a tournament!!

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome
Old October 23rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yup, I have a lot of love for the Deathstalkers and their large, swift, five defense soulborgishness... and Nadom, "Read The Full Card", "Read The Whole Card"... what's the difference?

~Aldin, chain yankingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Yup, I have a lot of love for the Deathstalkers and their large, swift, five defense soulborgishness... and Nadom, "Read The Full Card", "Read The Whole Card"... what's the difference?

~Aldin, chain yankingly
Oh, that's what it stands for... I suppose I should have Read the Full Smiley

And I totally concur about the Deathstalkers. Perhaps the lame-duck special ability is only to compensate for the fact that they're otherwise downright frightening.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's