Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 18th, 2015, 09:07 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Planning some Dicemasters tonight.
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:14 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
I'm still on the fence on whether or not to pick up a starter set or not...I'd probably just have moved on a while ago but the Basic Action Dice would work nicely for a custom game I've been working on. I don't want to buy it just for that possibility though and I am not sure if my game playing partner is ready for this or not...he's only in 1st grade.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 18th, 2015, 09:29 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1st Grade might be a bit early, but with a bit of help he could get the basics. If nothing else rolling the dice is good fun.
Old February 18th, 2015, 10:49 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My daughter is in 2nd grade and she understand the mechanics to Dice Master just not the strategy and she loves the game.

I got to test some Star Wars LCG decks today for the upcoming Store Championship on Sunday. Today Yoda and his creatures from Degobah kept the Dark Side at bay while the Rebels did the damage with their Fighters. This Friday Ill see if Scum has gotten enough tools to compete against Jedi or if Ill have to stick with my Sith Control. My goal is to make top 4 to earn a sweet Obi playmat.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old February 18th, 2015, 11:06 PM

GhostManQ Woo who?

I have no idea about any of the games you guys are talking about... I just recently found my master set for heroscape and me and my buddies been playing It a lot but need to get more expansions and master sets... Dang things are hard as hell to come by these days expecially at a decent price and I hate waiting for things from ebay ppl take to long to ship lol any New Yorkers got any help they can send me in gettin more sets please pm me
Old February 18th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
I'm still on the fence on whether or not to pick up a starter set or not...I'd probably just have moved on a while ago but the Basic Action Dice would work nicely for a custom game I've been working on. I don't want to buy it just for that possibility though and I am not sure if my game playing partner is ready for this or not...he's only in 1st grade.

I'd say buy the starter if you're on the fence. It's only 15 bucks, which may not seem cheap, but it is a heckuva lot cheaper than other games, for sure. And if you miss out on it once the next starter set comes out, you may end up regretting the second-guessing as it'll most likely become harder to find like the first starter set did after the second starter set came out. My son and I jumped in on the second starter set, after missing out on the first, and it's a bear trying to find any of the first set cards, dice, etc., especially with jacked up Ebay.

That's my advice anyway.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 19th, 2015, 12:47 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Save your money and get King of Tokyo instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 19th, 2015, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Save your money and get King of Tokyo instead.
I like King of Tokyo quite a bit, but I think you will get more for you money with Dicemasters. You really need the expansions for KoT too in my opinion. The 15 dollar starter has a lot more play in it IMO.
Old February 19th, 2015, 12:59 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've played the first starter. I'd rather chew tin foil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 19th, 2015, 01:55 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The starter sets for Dice Master are more than worth the money but by themselves I dont believe youll enjoy the game as much with more dice. To get into Dice Masters and see the full potential of the game you really need another 10-20 boosters with it. I couldn't see you getting more than a handful of games with just the starter before you either give up or wanted more. The thing with the starter tho is its much harder to get those dice in the packs since theres only 1 copy of the starter characters in the booster packs while theres 3 of all the other characters. Makes getting the starter set dice that much harder to get.

@quozl : Did you play just the starter? Its a different game when you start playing with full teams. I don't have much Uncanny stuff myself but what I did get brought new life to the game for me. The first set put a bit of a sour taste in mouth with the shortage and the horrible rules problems. Things seem to be getting better though as more sets come out.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old February 19th, 2015, 02:16 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostManQ View Post
I have no idea about any of the games you guys are talking about... I just recently found my master set for heroscape and me and my buddies been playing It a lot but need to get more expansions and master sets... Dang things are hard as hell to come by these days expecially at a decent price and I hate waiting for things from ebay ppl take to long to ship lol any New Yorkers got any help they can send me in gettin more sets please pm me
Check out the trades section of the forum, man.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 19th, 2015, 02:22 AM

GhostManQ Woo who?

Ahh didn't relize there was one thank you for the help! New to here n should of checked that. Looked into that dice game as well looks interesting I must say

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games