Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old December 9th, 2021, 07:54 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Comics Guide and Theme Review

I almost forgot one of my favorites! (Surely somewhat influenced by nostalgia) When I was like 9 or 10 read my first Batman comic from the library.

I thought it was great. It's probably more of a by the numbers book looking back, but there is a scene at the end I absolutely love where after Batman returns from his terrifying experience with the Aliens, he holds a facehugger in a jar in the Batcave and thinks something along the lines on "some secrets are best kept forgotten" and tosses it into the abyss.

I have no idea if this would be canon though...

edit: found it
Old December 9th, 2021, 09:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Batman vs. Predator was pretty cool too. But, yeah, as far as I'm concerned, Batman fights pretty much everyone.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 10th, 2021, 12:29 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Batman fights pretty much everyone.
The foundation of C3G.
Old December 11th, 2021, 05:15 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone else who wants to chime in with their thoughts, feel free, I'll post results on Tuesday.
Thinking again of how fast the Strategy thread goes, I think I'll run about two polls concurrently, with each wrapping within a week of starting so everyone has some time.

Last edited by Splash; December 18th, 2021 at 04:30 PM.
Old December 11th, 2021, 05:26 PM

Matt Murdock aka Daredevil (Marvel Earth-616)

The Battlin' Devils of Hell's Kitchen
Daredevil (180 points)
Daredevil (II) (200 points)
Matt Murdock (80 points)

---

RESULTS
Quote:
C3G’s Comics Recommendations

BEST INTRODUCTION
- Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol 1

ICONIC/MUST READS
1 Vote
- Born Again
- Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson
- Daredevil Epic Collection: A Woman Called Widow (vol. 1 #64-86, Iron Man #35-36)
- Daredevil Epic Collection: The Man Without Fear (vol. 1 #1-21)
- War of the Realms: War Scrolls (The War of the Realms: The Amazing Spider-Man & Daredevil TP)

~ Daredevil: End of Days
~ Marvel's Daredevil (TV series)
HAPHAZARD CHRONOLOGY READING GUIDE FOR THE BRAVE AND FOOLHARDY
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; May 15th, 2022 at 05:20 PM.
Old December 11th, 2021, 06:26 PM

C3G’s Comics Recommendations
If you walk into a comics shop and are looking for a good superhero comic, chances are you should pick Daredevil. Every Daredevil book I've read has been quite good at the very least and some of it has been the best stuff I've read (I'm sure there is a bad run somewhere, but I haven't gotten to it). Daredevil has tons of fantastic runs and he remains one of my favorite characters.

Best Introduction:
Daredevil by Mark Waid {vols. 3 & 4}/(Daredevil by Mark Waid Vol 1)
This run I think is a great introduction for newbies and I think I've read about halfway through each (3 & 4) and found them non-stop entertaining. We also see a more fun-loving, swashbuckling type DD like in the originals, but still weighed down by his serious inner demons. It's a perfect mix between the old Stan Lee type stuff and the gritty bottom of a sewer Miller type stuff.
On top of that the art is amazing! The illustrations and panels do a great job of communicating his radar sense and is sleek enough to be friendly to new readers. Honestly, the art alone is enough reason to give it a read.
Grab the first trade and give it a go.

Iconic/Must Reads:
- First I should probably mention, Man Without Fear, the Frank Miller Daredevil origin story, I still haven't read it yet, so I can't say whether it should be the intro book, although it is highly recommended by many.
- Vol 1 "the early stuff"/(Daredevil Epic Collection: The Man Without Fear)
Of the classic Marvel debuts, I found Spider-Man, DD, and X-Men to be the most enjoyable. You really see him jumping around on rooftops, cheesing it up, and I love it. You also get his origin and an intro to the supporting cast of Foggy, Karen, and the law office. Really what might drag it down are the mostly forgettable villains, while I may have a soft spot for Stilt-Man orthe Owl, them and the others hold it back from being the best book for someone just getting into DD.
- Daredevil by Frank Miller and Klaus Janson/(Trade Vol 1 or Omnibus)
This is the real source of when DD got dark. After this a lot of DD stories are about making Matt suffer as a tragic hero and sometimes antihero, some of which are pretty good. What you really see here are the introduction of a lot of cornerstone parts of Daredevil's story; Elektra, the Hand, his rivalry with Bullseye, and Matt personally putting himself in charge of keeping Kingpin in check.
- Daredevil: End of Days
A fantastic detective story, with Ben Urich tracking down the mystery behind Matt Murdock's death some 20 years in the future. I really enjoyed this one.
- Another one that should be checked out is Ann Nocenti's run, with the Typhoid Mary arc collected in Daredevil Epic Collection: A Touch of Typhoid. I've really been meaning to read this one as well.

Thematic Favorites

Best Design of the Bunch:
II is probably the smarter pick in most games (Go The Distance is so fun), but the first DD really captures him at his most iconic, Man Without Fear (a power titled just for him) lets him hit everybody in the room and his Radar Sense, similar to Spidey's spider sense, lets him dodge bullets and leap up to the rafters just like he does in the comics. Criminal Intimidation doesn't come into play a lot, but if anyone should have it, it's Daredevil.
And a shoutout to Matt Murdock for bringing in the lawyering side.

edit: ugh, I changed my mind, II is the best one

Future Design Ideas:
Original Yellow suit, for sure. I know I saw a design somewhere in the public...

Last edited by Splash; May 9th, 2022 at 08:09 PM.
Old December 11th, 2021, 06:38 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Daredevil: Born Again is a classic.
Old December 11th, 2021, 06:45 PM

Ooh, that's definitely the next one on my list of need to reads after the two I mentioned.
Old December 11th, 2021, 07:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't think I've ever read a Daredevil comic! I'll have to check out some of your suggestions here. Definitely enjoyed the Netflix show and recommend all three seasons. It was satisfying up to the end.

Best design I have to give to Daredevil (II), who's just a nasty beater. I'll agree that the only other version I'd really be interested in is the Yellow Suit Daredevil. Not really sure what else you could even do?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 11th, 2021, 07:28 PM

There was an evil Shadowlands Hand leader DD but I didn't read that one
Old December 11th, 2021, 07:29 PM

The show is great, II basically embodies that hallway scene
Old December 11th, 2021, 07:30 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

There's Shadowland Daredevil though that's a pretty divergent take. 90s Armor Daredevil, I guess, if anyone cares about that? He also gets a short-lived alternate look in the Waid run that'd be fun to have on a card.

The yellow look is definitely the big one. Will try to get on that soonish.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape