Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 30th, 2015, 05:16 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Florida Frenzy 8.5

6/20/2015 Update: Confirm attendance, and help bring maps!

Hey Florida Scapers! [After checking out the awesome FF 8.0 results,] Come out to:

Florida Frenzy 8.5 --

The Thunderdome Returns!

Date: Saturday, June 27th, 2015

Location venue:
Books-A-Million
2601 NW 13th St, Gainesville, FL
352-376-6623

Tournament Format:
-C3V/SoV Figures and ClassicScape allowed (no Marvel)
-Point value: 480 points
-Special Rule: One Unique Hero (100pts or less, not Raelin) gets an extra attack & defense die throughout the tournament.
-Strength of Schedule (S.o.S.) penalty of -1 for each squad over x3 (but still allowed)
-18 Figure limit (-1 S.o.S. for each figure over)
-Strength of Schedule is first tie-breaker, then head-to head
-Optional entry fee can be either: one HeroScape related prize (C3V/SoV would be nice); other game-related prize; $10; or free but forfeit ability to win a prize

Schedule:
-10am store opens -- setup begins around 10:20am
-Round 1 starts 11:15am (but late-comers will be accommodated)
-4 or 5 Swiss Rounds (depending on attendance) and Finals, with a lunch break. Rounds will be called on time at 55 minutes with whole card scoring.
-Cleanup and prizes

Maps:
1. Asphalt Cocktail by superfrog.
It uses 1 BftU, 1 M:TCB, and 1 RttFF, with 2 random glyphs.

2. Abrupt Plains by DanieLoche
Virtualscape File HERE. PDF File HERE.
Required Material : 1 Rise of the Valkyrie, 1 Road to the Forgotten Forest, 1 Ticalla Jungle, 2 shadow tiles (located under the bridge).

3. Peat Fire by Killometer
requires 1 SotM, 1 VW

4. Dark and Deepby superfrog.
It uses 2 BftU and 1 FoTA, with 2 random glyphs.

Note: As in previous tournaments, dungeon tiles can count as snow tiles and stalagmites can count as glaciers for figure powers, since we have no snow maps this time.

Glyphs:
2 random glyphs per map from a pool of 10:
Spoiler Alert!

Antendees:
BurnyFlame +2ish?
randomskyfears
Smithy Winfred +2
kramdb + 1?
BuddyLee + 1
nicktheant + ?

Bring your friends!

Last edited by BurnyFlame; June 26th, 2015 at 10:36 PM.
Old April 30th, 2015, 10:01 PM

randomskyfears is surprisingly tart
Re: Florida Frenzy 8.5

Sounds like a plan, looking forward to it. I don't know exactly what I'll be doing in June, but I will say that I'm moving at the end of May, so hopefully we can make the tournament not the 1st weekend of June so I have some time to settle in. Other than that, I'll hopefully be bringing my lady with me, though that is tentative for now.

ps. I liked seeing the pics from the last one, those are always cool
Old April 30th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I should be able to make it, I'd like to pin down a date soon, so I can make plans (mainly so I can ask for time off work). Just got a new car, so the trip should be a lot easier (I would never have trusted my old car to get me more than 30 miles)
Old May 4th, 2015, 01:06 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys. We can do whatever weekend works -- for me, that would be either June 20th or 27th -- I'll check with the venue to see which is better.

But for now, just let me know what format you want. Would you prefer 480 or 580 points? Any figure limit? And as always, any map preferences?
Old May 8th, 2015, 04:15 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

There's a good chance I can make it. I'd say 480 points would be better. Don't like games being called on time which tends to happen at higher points.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old May 17th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Hello All,

Sorry I couldn't make it to the last event. Work has been crazy. It looks like my schedule should be conducive for 8.5's setup though.

I'm open on either the 20th or the 27th, whichever works best for everyone and I'd like to go ahead and cast my vote for the 580pt value and the special rule listed (+1 attack/defense for a <100pt hero).

Keep us posted as things develop and I'll see if anyone else from my usual gaming group is free.

Sincerely,
~Zealot

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old May 21st, 2015, 05:33 PM

Thanks for the input. I called Books-A-Million and they are fine with either weekend. So I put us down for June 20th, with the option to move it to June 27th. Let me know if that works for you.

I am leaning towards the 480 point total because I don't like to call rounds on time. But we can still do the "one hero 100 points or less gets +1Atk/+1Def." It will be fun I think.

Let me know your map preferences!

And remember, the newest C3V Units (Wave 19) are allowed!
Old May 27th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

I will try to make this one, but no promises.

If I don't see ya'll there I hope everyone has fun and it is successful.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old May 30th, 2015, 05:01 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's not a game changer, but I'd prefer the 27th, since I have another engagement on the 21st
Old June 3rd, 2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
It's not a game changer, but I'd prefer the 27th, since I have another engagement on the 21st
OK, we want everyone who can come to come. I am moving it to the 27th (for now), although I could also go July 4th if you guys want. Any interest in a "Red, White, and Blue" tournament?
Old June 7th, 2015, 01:40 PM

I'm bringing my brother, unless things change, thats +1 from me. Also wanted to know if you guys were alright with non-rebased custom figures, I don't have enough to rebase all my figures, so some units I just leave on their original bases as a faction, instead of messing with half of them (specifically the Zettian Infantry and the Maridieans), or in many cases because I don't have any D3 large bases. I just wanted to make sure it didn't bother anyone, because I can change my army if it does.
Old June 8th, 2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I'm bringing my brother, unless things change, thats +1 from me. Also wanted to know if you guys were alright with non-rebased custom figures, I don't have enough to rebase all my figures, so some units I just leave on their original bases as a faction, instead of messing with half of them (specifically the Zettian Infantry and the Maridieans), or in many cases because I don't have any D3 large bases. I just wanted to make sure it didn't bother anyone, because I can change my army if it does.
Having the correct sculpt is more important than having the correct base (since it affects hit zones). You should be all right (i.e., it will be allowed).

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events