Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 6th, 2010, 04:58 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Who fits in best with DnD theme?

Some of these have been named already, but I believe these people would fit in well with the DnD theme.
Ullar-Everyone except the Kyrie
Einar- Zelrig, Gurei-Oni, Kaemon Awa, the gladiators, the ninjas (all),
Vydar- I would include the soulborgs becuase DnD does have warforged, though the warforged don't generally use guns, So i think gladiatrons and X-17 would be good. Seduma (as a Medusa)
Jandar- the knights, the vikings, and their respective heros. the dzu-teh (yetis)
Utgar- the orcs definately even though they are blue and ride dinosaurs. wolves, and werewolves kho-sumet, shades, dumatef guard, krug, mimring, zombies, vampires, obsidian guards.
Aquilla- dwarves, not sure if I can fit in Sujoah I'm not aware of any giant insects in DnD. Quasatch Hunters, Granite Guardians
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks to everyone for their responses, I dig what a lot of you are suggesting.

I'd like to reiterate that I am only looking to limit my selected units to keep to a Dungeon crawl theme. I'm not looking to swear off Soulborgs, Agents and Classic Scape in general. I won't even play all my Dungeon Crawls this way, just when I feel like keeping things very themey.
Thanks XnFM for the list, that was pretty cool.

I mostly started this thread because I was thinking about how awesome the Shades fit in this scenario, and wondered if anyone else had come up with similar ideas.
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

One more comment on theme:

I think part of the secret is keeping a theme in your quest, more than worrying about individual units.

I can totally imagine a great Yankee in King Arthur's Court game (with Drake, of course).

An mutant game (with Marros) sounds excellent--there have been many similiar campaigns over the years.

I think the thing that will make it work is to have a story and to have "rooms" in your dungeon make sense. So, as someone has said, a final room with evil dwarves and the their steampunk Q9 creation sounds pretty fun to me.

Keep it ordered and not just random and I think you'll find a place for just about any of the units.

(Oh, and I don't see any reason Ullar's Kyrie can't be in the game--whether angels or birdmen all they have are crossbows, no?)

Last edited by 1Mmirg; January 6th, 2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: ninja'd by the OP--hope you still got to read it. :)
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:08 PM

ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby! ProtoFury rolls all skulls baby!

Personally, I can't wait to fill a dungeon with Marrden Hounds. Never mind the fact that they're one of my favorite Classic Scape units, but I just think they'd fit the theme pretty good.

Tell me you wouldn't crap your pants if you saw a dozen of those jump out at you inside a cave?

Proto's Custom Maps and Units!
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Aquilla- dwarves, not sure if I can fit in Sujoah I'm not aware of any giant insects in DnD. Quasatch Hunters, Granite Guardians
You've got Formians (giant ant-men), Carrion Crawlers (Giant Centapedes), and well, there used to be direct rule support for making giant anythings; however I don't know if that was retained in 4th edition.

@Proto: Honestly, I think a single Marrden Hound (along with a couple other guys) would be enough to make a challenging room. I'd be wary of putting a full squad in, unless it was near the end and there's been some good equiptment doled out . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:22 PM

evil beagle 111 Woo who?

orcs and krug would be awesome for lord of the rings themed dungeon crarwling.

stats for dinosaurs:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22638
the beagles are coming to eat us all!
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

People forget all the DnD settings sometimes.

Marro can work (Think Spell Jammer)
Gladiators work easy (Dark Sun)
Many tech creatures can work since they are powered by souls, which can be considered magical (Eberron)
Any Samurai or Ninjas (Kara-Tur)

And any basic rifle figues work as well due to Eberron (though advance soldier style figures don't fit in a "pure" Dnd setting)

But lets be honest, if giant dragons, insects, magic, etc exists, you're not really suspending disbelief to add in technology.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I think there will be two major types of D&D games coming up:

1. "Normal" point armies using the new terrain and figures and possibly glyphs. Themes can be used as desired!

2. Small party teams. For these I resuggest my idea of allowing any special powers to apply to members of the small team, rather than their usual left hand card category such as personality, type, Valkyrie General, etc.
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I think that the Deathwalkers and Zettian Guards would make excellent additions to a dungeon crawl as constructs enchanted with spell-like abilities (to use 3e parlance) such as Fireball (Explosion Special Attack) or Chain Lightening (Rapid Fire Special Attack).

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old January 7th, 2010, 11:49 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

When I first saw KMS, I thought she looked like a Drider to me.

Really love the scupt for her as result, too bad she isn't worth feilding in standard games as is or I would fit her in to more of my armies. Hopefully she will see more use in a dungeon crawl setting. If I had an extra one of her laying around I would consider repainting her too look more like a Drider.
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:20 AM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart

I like the steam punk setting, I played a lot of Mageknight, so I will allow all the figs with old style rifles along with most of the figs I can justify

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:00 AM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I agree on leaving out the futuristic/modern figures when playing scenarios that are supposed to be D&D flavored.

I must admit that I'm slightly confused by the comments of certain figures being good for 'dungeons'... how is this different than their uses/strengths on any other map? The 'dungons' are just gray and black Heroscape maps, right? I'm sure I'm missing something.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion