Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 15th, 2022, 03:36 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Alexandros's Customs [Warhammer + More] (Updated 2/18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Lots of questions from me on this design; don't take them personally.

Nothing about this figure says "range," "4 defense," or even necessarily "5 life" to me. Why those design decisions? What's the story you're telling with the "Disciplined" personality? I like Active Camoflauge; why do wound markers disable it, though? I don't think the name of "For the Honor of the Tribe" really ties to the mechanics of the power.
No offense taken. Constructive feedback is always welcome!

It's a play on the Predator trope. It's invisible unless it's wet or bloody. It has range because it has a throwing spear. Life and range numbers are adjustable.
Old August 15th, 2022, 04:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Ah, so it's inspired by Predator. I've still never seen that movie so it went over my head. I get the theme now. For wording in active camouflage, I would move "while occupying a non-water space" to the end of the sentence.

If that's a spear (I believe you, but the image doesn't look like one) I would take a note from other spear throwers and drop the range to 4. I personally wouldn't want to inflict Javelin on this card (I hate that power).

Is precision targeting also Predator Inspired? I confess to me it feels out of place. Is this figure technologically enhanced somehow?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 15th, 2022, 04:25 PM

Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness Alexandros wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Ah, so it's inspired by Predator. I've still never seen that movie so it went over my head. I get the theme now. For wording in active camouflage, I would move "while occupying a non-water space" to the end of the sentence.

If that's a spear (I believe you, but the image doesn't look like one) I would take a note from other spear throwers and drop the range to 4. I personally wouldn't want to inflict Javelin on this card (I hate that power).

Is precision targeting also Predator Inspired? I confess to me it feels out of place. Is this figure technologically enhanced somehow?
Predators have fairly inconspicuous laser targeting systems and darts, basically. My thought process was that letting the double attack have a greater range, but a lower attack (compared to the special) made the decision between it and using the special. Was letting gameplay trump flavor, I guess. I might toy with that a bit more and maybe drop the life to 4.
Old August 24th, 2022, 11:37 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Spoiler Alert!

Is the first power worded the way it is for theme reasons or for balance reasons? If the former, what's the theme? If the latter, perhaps just allow a single die that didn't show a shield to be rerolled? Also, how does this work with height advantage? I assume it was worded this way to avoid stacking with Raelin, but what about special abilities on the defending army card that give an additional defense dice?

--
--
--

--
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!

Is the first power worded the way it is for theme reasons or for balance reasons? If the former, what's the theme? If the latter, perhaps just allow a single die that didn't show a shield to be rerolled? Also, how does this work with height advantage? I assume it was worded this way to avoid stacking with Raelin, but what about special abilities on the defending army card that give an additional defense dice?
I'm going to be honest- I made these when I was /much worse/ at designing customs. I'll probably reuse some of these ideas in better tuned designs. I'm going to clean up the root thread and hide these in a spoiler so they're still there, but not the focus.

But yes, the intent was for this to basically be the last thing checked. It doesn't stack with height advantage or anything that would make you roll more dice than your printed defense number.
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:22 PM

That makes sense. Once you've cleaned it up I'll try to swing back by and comment on more relevant designs.

--
--
--

--
Old September 7th, 2022, 06:39 PM

Alexandros's Customs

Let's kill two birds with one stone! Showing off a new custom design with a new template. These cards are designed to be printed at 148.17mmx100.75mm. This makes them a little larger than the old hex style cards, but friendlier for use with more space for mechanics, which I intend to play around with on my customs. These fit great in the 101.5mmx153mm sleeves made by SleeveKings. Once I've refined the template, if there's interest in it I'll share it here.

First we have Abner Crow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumblr user lilyachtyismyfriend
Rootin’, tootin’, toil n’ shootin’
Fire burn and cowboy bootin’
Eye of newt and spicy beans,
Toe of frog and denim jeans,
Whiskey, grits, n’ demon spittle
tossed into my iron griddle
With the tannin’ of our hides,
Somethin’ wicked this way rides
Spoiler Alert!

Abner Crow is a vile, masochistic outlaw, cursed by the fae to walk the earth much longer than any normal man should.

Next we have King Yeren.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP-6666 by djkaktus
I remember the first time we laid eyes on them. It was on a summer night, and there was a dune that rose high above our citadel to the west. You could see them from all that distance - they were this massive thing, taller by far than any man, covered in matted hair, all over their body. They were like… like if someone described a man to you, but they had never really seen a man themselves.
Spoiler Alert!

King Yeren is the reclusive king of the Quasatch. His cryptid-like presence confuses and terrifies outsiders who dare enter the Ticalla Jungle.

This is actually an older custom, but the concept was pretty strong and he has played well in initial tests, so I'm reposting him.

(Both of these units are costed at 130 points. Not a typo, just a coincidence.)

Last edited by Alexandros; September 7th, 2022 at 11:28 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards